**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I'm failing to see the practicality of this mechanic

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

So I'm talking about the regeneration part here. I'm curious to know why would you want to convert your regeneration buff into a fury. There are the passive bleeds for that purpose, right? Here are a few points on why I think this mechanic doesn't seem useful to me.

1. OML gains a regeneration buff every 20 seconds, that's a LOT of time. 20 seconds is the time required for Corvus or Ghost to end an Act 6 fight. Also, there's no mention of the fact that he'll start a fight with a regeneration buff.

So let me ask you, why would you wanna convert this buff, when it takes so long to proc?

2. It beats the whole purpose of adding the -95% bleed potency on OML, since you'll almost never have a regeneration buff on you, unless you want to sacrifice your damage.

3. There's no way to keep this regeneration on except for not throwing special attacks and as beta testers will tell you, the only way to get the fury buffs on OML is to throw an SP2, also the critical bleeds are the main source of OML's damage, which also happen to come from the SP2.

This is making the player choose either sustainability (10% Regen every 20 seconds, not the most sustainable if you ask me) or damage (which is also nowhere near the top damage dealt in the game, judging from the betas). So you're either hitting like a wet noodle or you're running with 0 utility other than his immunity to AAR.

4. There are champions with WAY more powerful regens like Black Widow (Claire Voyant), Omega Red, Blade. Logan deserves better.

If anyone is seeing this mechanic having a proper use, please let me know because I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    He's got to start with the regeneration, right? Assuming he does, let's say you wait till 15 seconds in the fight to use your 1st special attack, you will get 15 seconds of Regen. Then 5 seconds later the next Regen will start. So most of the fight you get to use your Regen and for 12 seconds you will hit hard as heck. It's not that bad. Plus adding suicides will give an additional Regen boost at the beginning of the fight as long as a Regen is active.
  • Options
    Graydrox said:

He's got to start with the regeneration, right? Assuming he does, let's say you wait till 15 seconds in the fight to use your 1st special attack, you will get 15 seconds of Regen. Then 5 seconds later the next Regen will start. So most of the fight you get to use your Regen and for 12 seconds you will hit hard as heck. It's not that bad. Plus adding suicides will give an additional Regen boost at the beginning of the fight as long as a Regen is active.

Well, it's a big leap to assume that he'll start the fight with a regeneration buff, regardless. I reckon it'll be really, really hectic to pull off. But this post does put things slightly in perspective. Thanks @Graydrox
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

Graydrox said:

Well, it's a big leap to assume that he'll start the fight with a regeneration buff, regardless. I reckon it'll be really, really hectic to pull off. But this post does put things slightly in perspective. Thanks @Graydrox
    yes he starts with the regeneration like he dose in the beta
  • Options
    issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

Thanks for confirming. That's great to hear, still a little bit skeptical on how he's gonna work overall though.
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    I would say if you play him properly and get the right timing, you can get alot of the regen then convert to fury just before it expires.
  • Options

issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

Thanks for confirming. That's great to hear, still a little bit skeptical on how he's gonna work overall though.
    no problem sabertooth synergy will boost hes regeneration even more

• Options
    issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

+120%! My god that's a big number. I don't feel so bad now.
  • Options

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

and this one too

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

and this one too

Luckily my 4* OML is awakened and I have a 4* ST and 5 * Domino. Very interesting indeed... I think I'll wait for the Seatin video or any of the other YT'ers to test it out for me. For now, both OML and Colossus 4* sits comfortably at rank 3.
  • Options

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Graydrox said:

and this one too

Luckily my 4* OML is awakened and I have a 4* ST and 5 * Domino. Very interesting indeed... I think I'll wait for the Seatin video or any of the other YT'ers to test it out for me. For now, both OML and Colossus 4* sits comfortably at rank 3.
    Hey i will do a video about and post it on reddit
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Sacrificing sustainability for higher damage output...it's the whole game in a nutshell. From suicides to glass cannon champs. You can play around it too, just wait out the regen then convert the bleeds.