**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A way to fix Magik

I am sure everyone knows the pain of fighting Magik. Unavoidable damage is B.S. in general, but fighting Magik in AW takes it to the next level. You can ask anyone on the forums and they will tell you their sob stories. Now a lesser known fact: Magik is great in offence. Hands down the best power control, and the Limbo saved me in Bautista's. So my proposal is to make Magik more skill based and I have an Idea:The limbo will act like it is right now except with one key difference. The limbo won't deal energy damage per second, instead it will deal damage equivalent to damage taken during the limbo period. So in example I throw a SP2 at Magik during limbo. The special deals 6k. When the limbo expires Magik will recover that damage and you will lose 6k. You could have avoided that if you were smart. So in conclusion Magik is B.S. and I hope Kabam will consider this and make the game much more balanced. Thank you all for reading this post!

Comments

• Options
    TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    LOL. that's AWESOME. LOVE this idea, the most creative suggestion i have seen regarding repurposing Magik's limbo.

you are right, this would fix the problem of folks using her on defence.

heck, with a little practice you could reflect any opponents L3 right back in their face.

pretty sure it would be come WAY too powerful in offense, though
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    People may have a lot of "sob stories" about Magik, but that's exactly the point. We see these on here everyday.

There's no problem with Magik, just the player base. Mystic Dispersion is still kind of busted, but that's another story (it's up to you if you want to take buff generating champions into a fight against a Mystic class).

Before Magik you know who the big offender was? Electro. People were complaining about Electro like 24/7 and he was in every AW until they changed the way his passive worked.

You know who it was after that? Spiderman. They haven't changed Spiderman at all either, he just got less popular as more champions came out who could lower defensive ability accuracy.

And after that...?

You see the point. There are a lot of counters to Magik, and she's not the only one with unavoidable damage (Electro, Iceman, etc), and there are multiple ways to stop Limbo from triggering. The most common counter is just to use Guillotine.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    If people brought the right champions to AW and learned to play around mystic dispersion which is very possible the forums wouldn't be cluttered with so many Magik/mystic dispersion posts. At top tier AWs magik isn't even that much of an obstacle anymore, more of an annoyance than anything, people even one shot magik bosses with 4 star champions