**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is anyone considering buying Cyber Monday Deals with the game in the state it’s in?

2»

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    Yes

mgj0630 said:

Raganator said:

mgj0630 said:

I'm mentally prepared to, but it will depend largely on what the offers are. I'm frankly hoping that they're tiered offers based on title again, cause frankly, I'm not interested in new 5* champs anymore unless I can pick a specific champ. Same goes for 5* awakening gems.

So 6* shards, obscene amounts of rank-up material, or 6* awakening gems are all I'd be interested in.

I agree here, but even the 6* are not really appealing. There were a lot of 6* shards in the July 4th offers. Netted me a rocket and a BPCW. If I see value, I would buy. I've saved units since July 4th, so the unit offers would only cost me what I already have save.

I do find the "given the state of the game" titles funny. Nothing that has happened in the last week will prevent people from spending on the game. If 12.0 didn't kill this game, then the bug fest over the last week won't either. Beside, Kabam will make it right with the players. People will always complain that whatever compensation is on the horizon is not enough, but Kabam knows was bad for the game and won't want to lose players over a buggy release.
    I agree with your comments regarding the state of the game as well. They're funny, cause while certainly impactful, they weren't that detrimental. Frankly, if you're in a laid back alliance like me, it wasn't that impactful at all.

Personally, I think Kabam handled this instance far better than they have previously by giving frequent updates to the status of those issues. It's also the first time I can remember in quite a while that the game had been down unexpectedly for that length of time. All that said, if anything, I could see a rational argument for the game being in a better state than it has been in the past.
    counterpoint: kabam and every other mobile developer are all in on the user that spends 3.5 hrs and more daily interfacing with the game, as these users tend to spend more and are. Every facet of the game that forces more screen time (aq, war, arenas) was affected, and still is, and unlike v12 where they could roll back to a degree, this time around this game is officially the secondary priority, behind the new game. this type of disaster hit the demo they least want to disrupt, and it's hard to argue it won't happen again, given the vague statements of "still looking into it."
    Despite the stance I took earlier, which I still stand behind, I actually agree with what you said as well.

That's why I had the caveat that it didn't effect me, and the alliance I'm a part, that negatively. We only run AW once a week, and we were on the fence about doing that week anyway given the release of the EQ and side quests.

As for AQ, we take that fairly seriously in terms of our desire to finish, but we only run 532 on day 1 and 432 on the remaining days. We still managed to clear that day despite the long maintenance delay.

Generally speaking, there are lots of areas where I disapprove of what Kabam is doing. Most specifically, the bait & switch "tune-ups" of new champs. I have a serious problem with them taking people's money to get a champ with huge initial hype to then possibly tune down the very reasons people chased, and invested money, in said champ.

Now that said, I do still have a soft spot for software bugs. I'm not a software developer personally, but I work for a company that develops software based products for the military. Those stakes are obviously significantly higher, so I like to think the bugs are less catastrophic, and fewer and further between instances, but despite anyone's best efforts, bugs will present themselves. It's just a massive undertaking to test every aspect of a game this detailed in its unique mechanics.

It's to that end, that I do stand by thinking they handled this particular instance as best as one could ask for. We can all agree that in a perfect world, it would never happen to begin with, but we don't live in that perfect world, so in the reality we live in, I'm pleased with how it was handled.

As for the OP's topic, nothing about the recent events would deter me from spending on the things I mentioned in my first reply, cause I can honestly say that I don't think the "state of the game" puts those items I'm willing to spend on at any risk.

As a general comment, kudos to everyone for staying classy on the topic. Haven't seen anyone spewing venom or making sarcastic comments.