**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Colossus’ Critical Damage Cap Isn’t Working

Doc_Manhattan93Doc_Manhattan93 Posts: 14
edited November 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi everyone, I apologize for my bad English.

I own a 5/65 Colossus and I am generally very happy with his restyling.

Besides being very powerful from an offensive point of view, I seemed to understand that he should also be an excellent defender, especially thanks to the limitation of the damage of opponent’s critical hits.

The new spotlight reports:

"Damage is capped at 150% of the opponent's attack rating.
Each time this damage is hit, the duration of all Armor up buffs are refreshed and he has a 50% chance to gain another Armor up buff lasting 15 seconds.”

I think this mechanic is not working and to be more precise I think that at the moment the game considers the CURRENT level of the opponent's attack and not the BASIC one.

I did tests and screenshots to clarify the concept:

2-star Starlord’s basic attack: 124
So 150% of it is: 124+62 = 186

The fight was long and:

1. Starlord's critical hits have increased without apparent limits well over 150% of his basic attack

2. Despite having received very powerful critical hits, Colossus has NEVER generated extra armor up buffs (50% chance)

I also made more tests with other powerful champs like Spiderman Stark or Hyperion: same results.

So I think the answers are two:

1. this protection is not working as intended (friends told me about 20k critical hits against Colossus boss in Variant: Polar Opposites with characters like Ghost);

2. the game considers the CURRENT value of the opponent's attack and not the BASIC one, which would be absurd considering that in 90% of the cases the increased potency of critical hits derives from passive or active furies, which by definition increase attack rating too.

I would really like to receive an explanation about this mechanic, since I am noticing that my Colossus is not performing as he should on defensive side, while I thought that part of the purpose of his rework was to make him a real wall to throw down.

Thank you for your attention and for any replies.