**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

With all the 5* crystals we get this month, does it actually make you worse off?

Comments

• Options
    tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    It's been really good for me - I've pulled God or beyond God tier champs

So far the results are:

28% - bad pulls
    46% - so so pulls
    25% - great pulls

So effectively, on average, 74% of people have not improved their roster, but 25% have greatly improved theirs.

That's the fallacy here.

Only 25% of people are better off after these INCREASED rewards.

Again - don't think that INCREASED rewards leads to INCREASED enjoyment.

In a relative sense, 75% have actually fallen behind the 25% who improved their roster.

Also I'm not sure if you're saying you'd rather not have us get shard rewards due to people making the choice to spend or grind for that specific champ or what.
    What I'm saying is we shouldn't always ask for more REWARDS as it can have unintended consequences on the balance of the game.

There is always a balance between working hard FOR something, or doing nothing and getting lucky to GET something.

By getting more rewards for FREE the balance is shifted to those who are doing nothing but getting lucky to get things and before you know it there'll be no need to grind but just sit around and keep asking for handouts.
    At this point I dont think you know what you're trying to say, you're all over the place here. We recieved extra shards this month due to the emergency maintenance that was Kabam's fault and that affected everyone. It's not like it was because anyone asked for more rewards or free handouts as you keep suggesting.
    You keep saying that the ones who do nothing got free shards and the balance shifted in their favor somehow, however everyone got free shards, not one or the other and to further that just because ppl who "do nothing" got free shards it doesn't mean things shifted in their favor because I'm sure that not every single one of them got a god tier champ, just like not everyone who grinds hard and spends money on the game didnt all get a bad champ. Just because you get more Crystal's, it doesn't guarantee that you will get something great out of it, I have seen plenty of ppl save to open a dozen basic and featured 5* Crystal's and have walked away with nothing more than duped garbage, meme champs and trophey champs so you're just assuming that one group of people benefited from this more than the other, but based on what facts?

• Options

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

I know what you mean but in short, lower level players need those 5*s. Doesn't matter if someone near or just above them gets a god tier and they get a bad champ. Face it, there are so many imbalances in the game because of spending already that this is a drop in the bucket. Look no further than the kind of people who have 10+ R5 5*s, whilst if you've only explored variants and explored up to act 5 and done completion in act 6, you're still way behind. think of that, huge progress in this game and it means almost nothing because people can just spend for champs and resources.

so in short, lower level players need it.

Yeah but comparing 2 mid level players who are more or less even, 1 spens a lot of time grinding and maybe $50 a month on the game but he couldn't pull a God tier champ. Another player doesn't do any grinding but this month was able to get 3 God tier champs out of the 5 free 5* crystals.

How is that fair to the guy that grinds and spends money?

These increased rewards are rewarding those players who don't necessarily spend time or money in the game to the detriment of those that spend time and money on the game.

Is that fair?
    They both have the same % of pulling a god tier champ from those same rewards tho. It doesn't, nor will it ever, matter how much harder someone grinds or spends in the game bc RNG is always the determining factor.

By your way of thinking, Kabam should have some way of tracking player's progress, grind time and spending habits to give them an increased chance at obtaining god tier champs from Crystal's over that of someone who just casually plays or doesn't spend money on the game. I am UC, I grind about 9-12m in 5* arenas 2x a week, 3m in 4* featured arenas 2x a week, hit all milestones on t4bc (2m) & t1 alpha (1.6m), plus doing daily side quests along with monthly EQ; completed UC and working on exploration, 100% master, 100% heroic. Plus doing AQ map 5x5, doing AW and still working on progression in act 6. Does that mean I should get only god tier champs from my crystal pulls too, you know since it should be based on grind and money spent right? Or that i should get better champs than someone else that's UC bc I grind harder or spend more than that person who doesn't? By that logic the game would be terribly unbalanced and give 0 incentive to the players who dont have that much time to play or extra money to drop on the game, or just the casual player who likes only questing but hates arenas.. see why it's all RNG now? It's the fairest way possible, by sheer and pure luck of the draw.
    I'm not saying you as a grinder should get EVERYTHING, but on the balance, if you spend x20 times more time on the game you should get more rewards from the game.

Someone else shouldn't just be able to pick up the game and quickly catch up to you cause everyone's asking for more and more rewards.
    I do get more rewards from it, I get the rewards of what I grinded for from it and those who choose not to grind dont. I still recieved all my grind rewards along with the compensation that kabam sent out, whereas those who dont grind like I do only got the compensation. So nobody gained anything 'extra', everyone got what they usually get AND they got compensation for the game crashing from kabam, it has nothing to do with ppl asking for more rewards. I truly hope this helps you better understand things bc I dont know if there's any other way to explain it to you.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Consider the top 1% playing, they all have dozens of r5 5* at sig 200, probably been like that for over a year for most of them...I doubt it matters to them if they get a max sig crystal from their top champs; sure it’s more 6* shards, but these same players also have dozens of duped 6*.

Take for example the comp package we got, for an average to above average player in terms of activity, it’s great! a free 5*, maybe of a recent champ they don’t have or somebody they use frequently, “god-tier” or not...that term makes me cringe because it’s so subjective...and 1k 6* shards, which for me personally will get me another full crystal.

Now put yourself in ClownWhales shoes, I guarantee you he gives two f’s about this free stuff, why? Because he spends thousands of dollars opening every new crystal that gets released! Watch one of his videos, he’ll pull a featured 5* and be like “bleh, that sucks, I want a 6*”

Are some people envious of his roster or the other top tier players? Sure! Is everybody willing to spend all their money buying crystals or all their time grinding arena to get the best stuff, hell f’ing no! Not everybody with a stacked roster got lucky, it was most likely either earned through living in arenas or by credit card statements filled with Odins.

Be happy with what you got, don’t let the majority’s definition of a “god tier” champ dictate how you utilize your roster.
  • Options

tidusx2jr said:

SuperGood said:

Like everyone has said comparing your account to others is kind of pointless. Or even counter productive as in the adage, “Comparison is the thief of joy”. You reduce your own enjoyment of the game needlessly by thinking this way. A better way to go about it would be to encourage and celebrate with people who were blessed this month with great champs that will be good for clearing content. They would be encouraged and you would actually feel better by being an encourager. Complaining is kind of a sickness in a sense... Also, Kabam did right by increasing rewards and sending compensation. Thankfulness for what we received from them would also be a blessing to you and others.

Also comparing is what people do all the time, it's human nature.

How many people who aren't Warriors fans were happy that they won all those Chips with Durant?

None.

Everyone else wants their own teams to win.
    Howd this go from being about 5* crystals, to annual income to now the golden state warriors?! lmao.

And comparing isn't human nature, nor is it what people do all the time. There's another word for that, it's called envy. Which is what this post is sounding more and more like. My guess is you had bad luck with your 5*s and perhaps an alliance mate at or around the same level had better luck but doesn't play as much as you or spend 50 bucks a month like you, so you feel the champ they got should be yours and the champ you got should be theirs.

Anywho....

Btw you're also incorrect about how many ppl that weren't GSW fans weren't happy about the warriors winning the championships with Durant. Everyone who dislikes LBJ was happy they won and were rooting them on along the way.

2 Things.

1. Why the need to get personal? Play the ball not the man.

2. LeBron's chance of winning was nill last year with the Lakers so your argument made no sense.
    I counter your 2 things with 2 more

1. You make it sound like I attacked you on a personal level, when clearly it wasn't that, it was an observation and a logical one at that considering this post.

2. You never said last year, you said all those chips, my response was pertaining to the year they won one of those 'chips' against LBJ and that even people who weren't gsw fans were happy about it, just to see him lose. So it did in fact make sense, I just can't help it if you didnt understand it.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've pulled nothing but trash this month. I also didn't go for any featured crystals and am never going to complain that Kabam is giving me too many crystals because others might have better pulls lol
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

SuperGood said:

Like everyone has said comparing your account to others is kind of pointless. Or even counter productive as in the adage, “Comparison is the thief of joy”. You reduce your own enjoyment of the game needlessly by thinking this way. A better way to go about it would be to encourage and celebrate with people who were blessed this month with great champs that will be good for clearing content. They would be encouraged and you would actually feel better by being an encourager. Complaining is kind of a sickness in a sense... Also, Kabam did right by increasing rewards and sending compensation. Thankfulness for what we received from them would also be a blessing to you and others.

How many people who aren't Warriors fans were happy that they won all those Chips with Durant?

None.

Your comparisons are laughably inapplicable.

Your argument regarding efforts vs rewards is also a bit strange. The champs you get are dictated by RNG - those are the rules that govern the game. You can feel as cheated as you want when someone pulls a great champ you don’t have, but in the end all you’re doing is letting your jealousy get the better of you and sucking the fun out of the game.

But if you want to continue looking at the game from this perspective of yours, by all means, continue. After all, what you think or what you do with your account has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my account or my capacity to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    tidusx2jr said:

So far the results are:

28% - bad pulls
    46% - so so pulls
    25% - great pulls

So effectively, on average, 74% of people have not improved their roster, but 25% have greatly improved theirs.

That's the fallacy here.

In a relative sense, 75% have actually fallen behind the 25% who improved their roster.

Also I'm not sure if you're saying you'd rather not have us get shard rewards due to people making the choice to spend or grind for that specific champ or what.
    What I'm saying is we shouldn't always ask for more REWARDS as it can have unintended consequences on the balance of the game.

There is always a balance between working hard FOR something, or doing nothing and getting lucky to GET something.

By getting more rewards for FREE the balance is shifted to those who are doing nothing but getting lucky to get things and before you know it there'll be no need to grind but just sit around and keep asking for handouts.
    At this point I dont think you know what you're trying to say, you're all over the place here. We recieved extra shards this month due to the emergency maintenance that was Kabam's fault and that affected everyone. It's not like it was because anyone asked for more rewards or free handouts as you keep suggesting.
    You keep saying that the ones who do nothing got free shards and the balance shifted in their favor somehow, however everyone got free shards, not one or the other and to further that just because ppl who "do nothing" got free shards it doesn't mean things shifted in their favor because I'm sure that not every single one of them got a god tier champ, just like not everyone who grinds hard and spends money on the game didnt all get a bad champ. Just because you get more Crystal's, it doesn't guarantee that you will get something great out of it, I have seen plenty of ppl save to open a dozen basic and featured 5* Crystal's and have walked away with nothing more than duped garbage, meme champs and trophey champs so you're just assuming that one group of people benefited from this more than the other, but based on what facts?

I'm not saying it guarantees anything, but more crystals = more chances.
  • Options
    tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

I know what you mean but in short, lower level players need those 5*s. Doesn't matter if someone near or just above them gets a god tier and they get a bad champ. Face it, there are so many imbalances in the game because of spending already that this is a drop in the bucket. Look no further than the kind of people who have 10+ R5 5*s, whilst if you've only explored variants and explored up to act 5 and done completion in act 6, you're still way behind. think of that, huge progress in this game and it means almost nothing because people can just spend for champs and resources.

Yeah but comparing 2 mid level players who are more or less even, 1 spens a lot of time grinding and maybe $50 a month on the game but he couldn't pull a God tier champ. Another player doesn't do any grinding but this month was able to get 3 God tier champs out of the 5 free 5* crystals.

These increased rewards are rewarding those players who don't necessarily spend time or money in the game to the detriment of those that spend time and money on the game.

Is that fair?
    They both have the same % of pulling a god tier champ from those same rewards tho. It doesn't, nor will it ever, matter how much harder someone grinds or spends in the game bc RNG is always the determining factor.

By your way of thinking, Kabam should have some way of tracking player's progress, grind time and spending habits to give them an increased chance at obtaining god tier champs from Crystal's over that of someone who just casually plays or doesn't spend money on the game. I am UC, I grind about 9-12m in 5* arenas 2x a week, 3m in 4* featured arenas 2x a week, hit all milestones on t4bc (2m) & t1 alpha (1.6m), plus doing daily side quests along with monthly EQ; completed UC and working on exploration, 100% master, 100% heroic. Plus doing AQ map 5x5, doing AW and still working on progression in act 6. Does that mean I should get only god tier champs from my crystal pulls too, you know since it should be based on grind and money spent right? Or that i should get better champs than someone else that's UC bc I grind harder or spend more than that person who doesn't? By that logic the game would be terribly unbalanced and give 0 incentive to the players who dont have that much time to play or extra money to drop on the game, or just the casual player who likes only questing but hates arenas.. see why it's all RNG now? It's the fairest way possible, by sheer and pure luck of the draw.
    I'm not saying you as a grinder should get EVERYTHING, but on the balance, if you spend x20 times more time on the game you should get more rewards from the game.

Someone else shouldn't just be able to pick up the game and quickly catch up to you cause everyone's asking for more and more rewards.
    I do get more rewards from it, I get the rewards of what I grinded for from it and those who choose not to grind dont. I still recieved all my grind rewards along with the compensation that kabam sent out, whereas those who dont grind like I do only got the compensation. So nobody gained anything 'extra', everyone got what they usually get AND they got compensation for the game crashing from kabam, it has nothing to do with ppl asking for more rewards. I truly hope this helps you better understand things bc I dont know if there's any other way to explain it to you.
    I'm talking more about all the 5* shards from side quests this month. Wayyy too many IMO.
  • Options

SuperGood said:

None.

Your argument regarding efforts vs rewards is also a bit strange. The champs you get are dictated by RNG - those are the rules that govern the game. You can feel as cheated as you want when someone pulls a great champ you don’t have, but in the end all you’re doing is letting your jealousy get the better of you and sucking the fun out of the game.

But if you want to continue looking at the game from this perspective of yours, by all means, continue. After all, what you think or what you do with your account has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my account or my capacity to enjoy the game.

Again no need to get personal. Play the ball not the man 'bro'.
  • Options
    The narrative keeps changing, this has to be a trolling or some sick social experiment lol.

Guilty, I’ll keep eating the bait, more please.
  • Options

tidusx2jr said:

So far the results are:

28% - bad pulls
    46% - so so pulls
    25% - great pulls

That's the fallacy here.

More chances indeed. More chances for good and more chances for bad. And guess what? It's the same for everyone, so it's as fair as it gets.
  • Options
    Wozzy101 said:

So far the results are:

28% - bad pulls
    46% - so so pulls
    25% - great pulls

That's the fallacy here.

What free rewards did you get? Other than the compensation 5Star I’ve earned all my 5star completed EQ and the side EQ’s. It does take time and skill to beat the epic difficulties. You keep changing the arguments to try and justify you position. If Kabam made it more difficult to get 5star shards I would quit the game. I’d rather have gotten Omega Red than Elektra in my last pull, but I’m happy with the opportunity to at least have the chance. Equality of opportunity does not mean equality if outcome on individual 5 star pulls. But as long the odds are truly random everything eventually equalises.
    I'd argue there's way too many 5* shards in this month's side quests.. and that only came because people COMPLAIN about the lack of rewards.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

SuperGood said:

None.

Where did I get personal, please do enlighten me? Seems to me you’re just getting a bit touchy.
  • Options
    tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

So far the results are:

28% - bad pulls
    46% - so so pulls
    25% - great pulls

That's the fallacy here.

More chances indeed. More chances for good and more chances for bad. And guess what? It's the same for everyone, so it's as fair as it gets.
    Yeah but the PROPORTION is higher for people who don't grind.

As an example if you grind you get x3 5* per month, plus 5 free this week = 8. So the ratio of free crystal = 5/8 = 62.5%

For a non grinder they may bet 1 5* per month, plus 5 free this week = 6. So the ratio of free crystal = 5/6 = 83.3%.

So the ratio of free crystal for non grinder is higher.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

Is that fair?

I'm talking more about all the 5* shards from side quests this month. Wayyy too many IMO.
    Way too many because some people will pull good champs and you won't? If they decreased the rewards it would be one more side quest that is too long to bother with.
  • Options
    Everybody has an equal opportunity to get rewarded for spending 5 mins on the special quests, to not do it is ridiculous. Complaining about more opportunities is dizzying, I thought we all wanted more chances to possibly progress faster 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just so I understand, you were happier before the rewards got buffed?
  • Options

SuperGood said:

None.

Where did I get personal, please do enlighten me? Seems to me you’re just getting a bit touchy.
    You said "you can feel as cheated as you want". Why need to go there?
  • Options

SuperGood said:

None.

You said "you can feel as cheated as you want". Why need to go there?

Timone147 said:

If you are counting on increased shards this month in the race to a better roster you have already lost. This race is one by one of two things... money and/or massive time and grind including arena.

Exactly.

So the people who have spent money (through hard work and sacrificing their spend elsewhere outside of the game) and the people who have grinded for the 5* shards in arenas which BTW are still hard to come by - their effort effectively is cheated by the people who have gotten those shards for free this month.

Settle down. That’s what you said yourself - see above in bold. I’m saying you can feel as cheated as you want, but that’s just you being unable to reign in your jealousy.
  • Options
    I'm surprised you guy haven't heard of the phrase "It's all relative".

• Options

tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

Is that fair?

Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse.. so you're telling me that the side quests that is open to everyone and gives the same rewards to everyone who completes it is a problem? It doesn't benefit any one person more than the other, so I seriously dont get what the issue here is. Because there's a possibility for one person to get a 5* Corvus out of it by obtaining enough shards for a crystal, versus someone only getting a 5* Iron Patriot by obtaining the same amount of shards for a crystal of their own? Yeah the problem with you issue here isn't the amount of shards given, it's the luck of RNG. I bet if instead of giving shards for a 5* random champ that they gave you the option of selecting the champ you want/need then you'd be singing a different tune.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    So let me get this straight, to the OP, you're actually complaining that we're getting more 5* shards this month?

Would you still post this thread if you got 1 or 2 god tier 5* champs?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

I'm surprised you guy haven't heard of the phrase "It's all relative".

Um, no. It’s not “all relative”. You need to be specific about what you’re claiming is relative.

You can’t just pull out an ambiguous phrase and expect it to overrule other people’s arguments and suddenly make us all agree with you.
  • Options
    tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

Is that fair?

Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse.. so you're telling me that the side quests that is open to everyone and gives the same rewards to everyone who completes it is a problem? It doesn't benefit any one person more than the other, so I seriously dont get what the issue here is. Because there's a possibility for one person to get a 5* Corvus out of it by obtaining enough shards for a crystal, versus someone only getting a 5* Iron Patriot by obtaining the same amount of shards for a crystal of their own? Yeah the problem with you issue here isn't the amount of shards given, it's the luck of RNG. I bet if instead of giving shards for a 5* random champ that they gave you the option of selecting the champ you want/need then you'd be singing a different tune.
    Maybe you didn't know the whole story but there weren't supposed to be that many 5* shards in the side quest rewards, but after an uproar Kabaam caved in and bumped up the rewards.

• Options
    raffster said:

So let me get this straight, to the OP, you're actually complaining that we're getting more 5* shards this month?

Would you still post this thread if you got 1 or 2 god tier 5* champs?

Yes I would because it's the right thing to do.
  • Options

You most definitely would not be complaining; if so, you really need to find something else to pass the time.

Quality control manager at McDonald’s maybe, count the number of fries in each order so everybody gets the same amount, no special treatment for anybody.
  • Options

You most definitely would not be complaining; if so, you really need to find something else to pass the time.

Quality control manager at McDonald’s maybe, count the number of fries in each order so everybody gets the same amount, no special treatment for anybody.
    Why are we getting personal again????
  • Options

tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

tidusx2jr said:

Spiral said:

Is that fair?

Maybe you didn't know the whole story but there weren't supposed to be that many 5* shards in the side quest rewards, but after an uproar Kabaam caved in and bumped up the rewards.

Regardless, EVERYONE not just those who may or may not have caused this so called uproar, but EVERYONE gets an opportunity at the SAME AMOUNT of 5* shards. You keep trying to word it differently with each response but it's still the same scenario every time. It doesn't matter if ppl haven't played the game in a year or if they play every minute of every day, EVERYONE gets the same shot at the same side quests that rewards you the same shards. NOBODY is getting anything 'for free' here, you still have to put in the work to beat the quests to get the rewards, same with everything else in the game.

But wait, you said ppl who dont do nothing in the game expect free stuff and dont grind. So doesn't that mean they wont do these side quests, therefore only the grinders will get the rewards and oh no, the balance, the balance will be all out of whack! Kabam should probably just cancel the rest of this side quest, for the sake of the balance right?

/sarcasm
  • Options
    Seems like you want to twist anything we say into some personal, intentional or not...my dig was 1000% aimed at triggering that response, great success 😂🤭

But seriously, what exactly is it that you want because you’re throwing nonsense grenades in every direction.

Your “proportion” argument, for one, is very confusing. I’ll be the lab rat for this....in my alliance, a friend and I do the exact same content with the exception of arena, he hates it while I’m a **** for it. So on average, I open two more 5*s then he does each month, sometimes good, most times bad, like just about everybody else that plays. No matter how much special events, comp packages or freebies Kabam offers/gives, since we both have similar activity levels in all other aspects of the game outside arena, I still get more opportunities than him because of the extra effort.

If the day ever comes where I say to him “it’s not fair that your ratio of free-to-earned champs are higher than mine”, I’ll delete the game and try to find something else to do that won’t make my mind go to that dark place again.