**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Arena Revamp ??

Hello there !

During the maintenance of the 8th November, @Kabam Miike said "an arena revamp is on the radar"...
Do you have any information about it ? Maybe a date... Spring 2020 ? Autumn 2020 ?...

In my opinion, arenas should become more attractive and more competitive !
For example, the arenas should be :
- 3* featured w/ PHCshards and the featured below 10%
- 4* BASIC w/ PHC shards and the basic below 10%
- 4* featured w/ entire PHC and the featured below 10%
- 5* featured w/ GMC shards and the featured for the 250-500 top
- INTRODUCING : 5* BASIC w/ GMC shards and the basic below 10% or the 800 firsts
- In the future, maybe a 6* BASIC or a 6* FEATURED w/ GMC crystals ?

For the 5* --> This is NOT a secret, there are A LOT of bots breaking the arenas, this is why cutoffs are so high even for basics !!
If you create a new 5* basic arena, you'll split grinders in two pools : endgame players and some bots for the featured AND the classic player and some bots for the basic.
For the 5* featured, the leaderboard is broken (200M for top1 and 83M for the 150th !), it could be a good move to increase the top rank from 150 to 250.
It will be motivating to be rewarded for our efforts even if we don't reach the top tier !

Now, most of us have a solid roster to go further than the actual highest milestone, it could be interesting to add more.

Last but not least : the milestones rewards !
When we aim the 5* featured, who cares about PHCs ?! We should get (at least) GMC shards !
For the 3* featured and 4* basic milestones rewards should stay w/ shards (but more than presently).
For the 4* featured, we should get fully formed PHCs and the rank to obtain the champ is 1-10% (instead of top 800).
For the 5* basic and featured, we should get GMC shards and respectively...

Other suggestion
In the 5* arena : you could get the featured from 1 to 250, and you get a basic from 250 to 10%, but I think it's still unfair and it would be a little bit messy...

Thanks for reading
(As usual please excuse my English if you notice some errors, I don't use a trasnlator)

Comments

• NotStarvingNotStarving Posts: 19
    Yeah basic 5* arena needs to be here now. What happened to the "5 stars will be more accessible" that was said a long time ago? Should also implement GMC shards for Uncollected players. That was the highlight of those few arena rounds we got.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    edited November 2019
    5 star are already much more accessible than they used to be.
    But now, 5 stars champ are a standard because 4 stars are useless...
    I only play versus mode to get some gold, units and BCs (and ranking rewards) but the arenas could be much more better...

I hope Kabam will considere this suggestion (or others) to make this mode great again (oupsi, I speak like T***p :neutral: )
    Another idea : what about a new gold arena instead of class crystals arena ?
    We pay the entrance w/ 10k BCs for example and we can grind gold crystals and/or gold directly.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    1) Perma ban any bot accounts you find
    2) Remove the reward ie the champ they got by cheating
    3) Give that champ to the next man down that didn't bot
    4) Have a milestone that guarantees a champ which doesn't necessarily have to be the same champ
    Let's brainstrom everybody !! :yum:
    They want to revamp arenas, let's give them juicy ideas ;)

Post number 1 gazillion this is :) on Arena revamps and update requests.

@WarHawk_Taz_1 yeah I know bro but I think I come with new ideas and this is the first thread about it since Kabam Miike announced "it is on the radar" ;)
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,600 ★★★★★
    This is a wonderful idea
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Tbh they have more pressing issues to sort out fix before updating arenas

@WarHawk_Taz_1 here is the post of Kabam Miike ;)
    Implementations on arenas are required because end-gamers are digging the gap between them and "regular" players due to cavalier crystals !
    If you don't spend, or you pay just a few dollars/month, the game is very slow even if you play all the arenas for ranking rewards and all EQs.

I totally agree with you, there should be more milestones for all arenas !
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    An area revamp is long overdue the point. Especially with how hard the acts are at this point. We need a featured 6 star arena. That will bring down the scores for 5 star champions making more champions accessible which I would love.
    edited November 2019
    Dęłtå said:

@Dęłtå Agree, but issues shouldn't prevent them from updating arenas in the next months ;)

An area revamp is long overdue the point. Especially with how hard the acts are at this point. We need a featured 6 star arena. That will bring down the scores for 5 star champions making more champions accessible which I would love.

@TheTalents it would be great if a 6 star featured arena comes out, but 5 star basic is also required in my opinion...
    For example, Venom is my favorite champ in the game, but the cutoff was about 30M which is pretty high for a champ that a lot of people already have.
    Jack0312 said:

@TheTalents it would be great if a 6 star featured arena comes out, but 5 star basic is also required in my opinion...
    For example, Venom is my favorite champ in the game, but the cutoff was about 30M which is pretty high for a champ that a lot of people already have.
    I wouldn't mind a 5 star basic either but 5 stars are still too important in the game. Maybe once rank 3 6 stars are normal.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Jack0312 said:

Dęłtå said:

@Dęłtå Agree, but issues shouldn't prevent them from updating arenas in the next months ;)
    Unless you want bugs to affect everything again ?

I wouldn't mind a 5 star basic either but 5 stars are still too important in the game. Maybe once rank 3 6 stars are normal.

@TheTalents I totally agree, 5* are still too important, but 5* basic with Venompool, Gambit, Groot, ... and other champs rated as "not game changers" + sometimes a good and a very good champ in the basic arena would be great to improve our roster and to score more and more in arenas !
    I'm asking for champs such as Domino, Corvus or Ghost every week, but from time to time it would be great :)

And believe me, if they're creating it, tons of players will play it just like we did with 4* basic arena ;)
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    If you really want to change arena, Kabam could do some metric studies and figure out an appropriate milestone for basic champions. And apply it as a rule of thumb say 12 million for a basic 5* and you get that 5* champion. You can keep going and the rank rewards are a gem that is unique to that champion and can only be used on that champion to awaken. The other milestones in rank rewards can be generic sig stones, crystals, and other goodies that would be good to have. This is just an idea but would spice up arena a bit and 12 million over 3 days isn't that bad for a 5* basic champion.

If you really want to change arena, Kabam could do some metric studies and figure out an appropriate milestone for basic champions. And apply it as a rule of thumb say 12 million for a basic 5* and you get that 5* champion. You can keep going and the rank rewards are a gem that is unique to that champion and can only be used on that champion to awaken. The other milestones in rank rewards can be generic sig stones, crystals, and other goodies that would be good to have. This is just an idea but would spice up arena a bit and 12 million over 3 days isn't that bad for a 5* basic champion.

@TheRealApoc I really like your ideas for milestones in rank rewards or just for the classic milestones !
    I really hope Kabam will read this thread :sweat_smile:
    Even if the milestone is 40 mill for basic just having a target to go to for 5 stars makes it much easier.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★

Even if the milestone is 40 mill for basic just having a target to go to for 5 stars makes it much easier.

except 40 million is overkill for your time and mine. 12 million is good enough. And if you add in the other things I offered as a suggestion you can grind away to your hearts content ;)