**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War (unblockable)

I saw a thread on this a while ago and couldn't find it.

War nodes that have unblockable specials. I always thought as long as you evade the first part of the special (the first kick/punch), you can block the second part of it.

Is that not true?

I've gone up against the 25 node and I'll evade spider mans first part and hold block for his web shots...they'll still hit me. Is this supposed to be working like this?

Comments

• _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    i think Spidey is the only exception but i could be wrong. With Spidey on an unblockable sp1 node you can block through his web shots but his punches are the unblockable part.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    All special attacks if on unblockable node only first punch or kick or anything, is the unblockable...this is for all champs except spider man...the web shots are blockable but the punches ain't
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    edited August 2017
    That's what I thought, but I was getting hit by them after evading his first part. Also, I'm waiting on one of my teammates to hear back on punisher on the second special unblockable node.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    War Machine is boss on unblockable.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    That's what I thought, but I was getting hit by them after evading his first part. Also, I'm waiting on one of my teammates to hear back on punisher on the second special unblockable node.

U need to evade the first 2 bullets with punisher the rest can be blocked same with hood
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »

Not really...he and Fixit are kind of lame in that they do not deal enough bleed damage on those nodes. Spidey and YJ are your best bets in higher tiers still.
    @Shadow_roast
    @_solidsnake

Both of you say that as long as you evade the first part of the special of any champ the rest can be blocked. Then you say, "except for spider man" his first part can be evaded and the rest blocked...isn't that the same thing as the first part of the post? Spider man would be included with the "any" champ
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    @Shadow_roast
    @_solidsnake

Both of you say that as long as you evade the first part of the special of any champ the rest can be blocked. Then you say, "except for spider man" his first part can be evaded and the rest blocked...isn't that the same thing as the first part of the post? Spider man would be included with the "any" champ

Some champs have different mechanics and different interactions with different nodes. Just need to know whats what
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    edited August 2017
    Well it shouldn't be an exception for Spider-Man and it should be fixed but that'll never happen.

The community just excepted this flaw like many others in this game.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Well it shouldn't be an exception for Spider-Man and it should be fixed but that that'll never happen.

If we didn't "except" flaws then probably someone would pedantically point out that you can't spell.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Well it shouldn't be an exception for Spider-Man and it should be fixed but that that'll never happen.

If we didn't "except" flaws then probably someone would pedantically point out that you can't spell.
    Thanks for pointing that out professor! What else needs to be changed in my rough draft?

So it is an issue/bug

Thanks team
    @Thebgj01
    No you can block the first part which are his web shots then when he dashes in to punch you need to evade as those are unblockable. Not sure if this is a bug but it's been like that for as long as I can remember
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    all punches are unblockable don't matter what part of the special they at.. but all projectiles (spider webs, beams, etc.) can be blocked no matter what
    Ok but how do you explain YJs SP1 then
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    It is ublockable until the word "unblockable" is there on screen. Generally 1st puch or 1st hit remain unblockable & rest r blockable. But there r some exceptions. e.g. unblockable finale they gave on punisher 1 or 2 months ago was completely unblockable. Same happens for collector sp too. Also in webslinger i found black spidy sp1 was unblockable the last 2 hits. So i also sometime get confused by it. But only thing i may b right is it unblockable until the word on screen. Loki sp2 is unblockable only last part too.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Another one is Ultron L2. You can block the beams but the punches are unblockable
    It used to be the other way around before (i.e. webs/beams unblockable and punches blockable) but they changed it (don't remember when)
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Have not had an issue with spidey if you evade the first web and then block. Have never evaded it by trying to block the webs.... Ultron needs a quick double evade and it's tricky. Even with Spidey/Symby though the second web may get through and break your combo, but as long as you are at enough distance he won't close it and will punch air .
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Have not had an issue with spidey if you evade the first web and then block. Have never evaded it by trying to block the webs.... Ultron needs a quick double evade and it's tricky. Even with Spidey/Symby though the second web may get through and break your combo, but as long as you are at enough distance he won't close it and will punch air .

I was talking about black spidy in webslinger
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Not really...he and Fixit are kind of lame in that they do not deal enough bleed damage on those nodes. Spidey and YJ are your best bets in higher tiers still.

aq has made YJ a joke...i steam roll him on unblockable all the time...sm every once in awhile will catch me though.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Another one is Ultron L2. You can block the beams but the punches are unblockable
    It used to be the other way around before (i.e. webs/beams unblockable and punches blockable) but they changed it (don't remember when)

Really? I didn't know that was changed.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »

aq has made YJ a joke...i steam roll him on unblockable all the time...sm every once in awhile will catch me though.

YJ is definitely not preferable to SM, but if he catches you then it's effective. I was just pointing out better options than WM.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    I saw a thread on this a while ago and couldn't find it.

War nodes that have unblockable specials. I always thought as long as you evade the first part of the special (the first kick/punch), you can block the second part of it.

Is that not true?

I've gone up against the 25 node and I'll evade spider mans first part and hold block for his web shots...they'll still hit me. Is this supposed to be working like this?

The first "part" of his special has 2 webshots. You have to swipe back 2x quickly to avoid both of them. After that, Spidey will not charge in and punches the air in front of him. Lots of vids on youtube.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    @Shadow_roast
    @_solidsnake

Some champs r special, u need to work around it...spider man L1 = ultron L2...the beams and web shots can be blocked...the punches r unblockable