**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* Generic Awakening Gem Choices - Decision Process

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
Rather than straight up asking "who should I awaken?" I'm keen to understand the thought process compared to different stages in the game, that way this thread can be of help to many other players as well as myself.

So I pulled a generic 4* Awakening Gem from the Side-Mission Crystals this month and am considering who would best benefit my account best.

My primary account focus at this time is on R4 5* Champions (Hyperion, Corvus, Gwenpool, Gulk, Ghost Rider & Sentinel) with R3 5* and 5/50 4* introduced either for Utility requirements or just back-filling while the big guns are in AQ/AW.

Given I have some heavy-hitters already, not to mention 5/50 4* hit just that much softer, I thinking that this Awakening should be for purposes of Utility rather than any particular damage-dealer. Would you agree? When do you stop thinking of 4* as your damage dealers?

As for Sig levels (since many utility options require high sig levels) I would be able to get any new awakened 4* up to somewhere between 60-99 sig levels so that can pre-empt the common "if you can increase/max their sig levels" follow-up questions.

In terms of my own specific options - I originally thought Cap IW was the obvious choice with his utility options from his synergies but have since had alternate options raised for which I'm curious to hear other opinions - such as Omega Red, Killmonger, CM Movie & Domino - none of whom I have as a 5*. Ghost is another option but I already have her awakened as a 5* (and suck with her :wink: - it's a WIP).

So - what do you reckon?

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I'm thinking void is a worthy option for a slot filler, hitting hard is not required.

Get decent with ghost and most problems go away with a SP2
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Generics are for those that need it to be good. Void and omega need it the most from that list, however they need high sig to be effective, my caps sig at like 30 is still pretty effective.

Also, awaken voodoo, scarlet, or archangel?
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Use it on them, ranked.
    1. Omega
    2. Void
    3. Cap Marvel movie
    3. Cap IW
    4. Darkhawk
    5. Killmonger
    6. Corvus
    7. Domino
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Omega or cap
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

Generics are for those that need it to be good. Void and omega need it the most from that list, however they need high sig to be effective, my caps sig at like 30 is still pretty effective.

Also, awaken voodoo, scarlet, or archangel?

Issue with Void is that I have him as a 5*, albeit not woke, so I'm hesitant to invest in a 4*

I don't have suicides, and don't really have any intention to, so I'm concerned Omega's influence will be minimal.

I already have Voodoo and AA-Ron woke as 4* and maxxed, plus both as unawakened 5*. Still never pulled a Scarlet Witch but have a Mystic 4* AG waiting for her.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,412 ★★★★

Use it on them, ranked.
    1. Omega
    2. Void
    3. Cap Marvel movie
    3. Cap IW
    4. Darkhawk
    5. Killmonger
    6. Corvus
    7. Domino

Interesting - thanks for that list. I've got Corvus 4/55, albeit not woke, so unlikely to invest in a 4* version, but the rest are good calls.