**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AW Idea - Character Cap

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
Other than the obvious change to nodes which is a long time coming I think there is something else that can be changed that will get rid of the current "staleness" of alliance wars. It's really just one thing that I believe the entire community would rally behind.

That one thing is implementing a character cap i.e. a limit on how many of the same champ can go into a single BG. As an example I will use the arbitrary number of 5. In a single BG you would only be allowed to bring 5 Magiks total. You wouldn't be able to game it by bringing 5 4*s and 5 5*s, your total number of Magiks would be 5 for that BG.

I can't speak to how easy/hard it would be to code this for developers but I think that this single change would be one of the best things that can be done for the game.

It would get rid of the staleness of AW;
1) By seeing different champs! Anything higher than Tier 5/6 are the same handful of champs; Mordo, Magik, Spiderman, Nightcrawler, Mordo, Hyperion. Nothing really fun about seeing the exact same defenders in the exact same spots every single war.
2) By allowing for more strategy in AW. Now that you can only have a few of each champ placement becomes more important but also more fun and interactive.
3) By allowing for more champs to actually be used within the game. There are a ton of champions in the game that are basically unused because they don't fall into the 1%. A limit would alleviate that somewhat.

There are probably more things that a character cap in AW would improve that I'm not fully thinking about. Feel free to tack on how this would be helpful!

Comments

• Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    problem I see is many people have spent a lot of resources to max out a champ just for war defense. if these people are no longer able to use those champs on defense that they have spent resources on that would blow cuz then most of the higher tier players will feel like they need to have at least a 4 star rank 5 champ on defense.. so they may feel like they need to rank up a 3rd tier medicore defense champ just to keep helping out the alliance in the aspect and that would suck having to waste t4cc on someone like abomination just cuz there is a cap and someone is not able to bring in their mordo
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Not stale at all in my opinion we get a bunch of shards for it thats all that matters if players wanna use the same champs then so be it that is their problem however feel free to place unique champs such as ghost rider in defence so when we face each other it will be an easy war, and it is a war for a reason 2 alliances setting up strong defence it isnt about being more creative by using other champs there is a reason people use NC more than spiderman there is a reason people use hyperion on power gain they are known to be defenders and in the future more champs will take their place as top defenders then people use specific characters for attack phase to help counter those nodes.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    As an officer you just gave the headache of arranging this..

Also in lower tier sometimes a player doesnt have many choices

Good point regarding lower tiers rosters, could just be something implemented for higher tiers?
  • TBKlannTBKlann Posts: 68
    War is just that, place your champs and fight. If you can't beat who the other team places, deal with it and get stronger champs. Don't try and bog the game down with silly unnecessary rules. B)
    problem I see is many people have spent a lot of resources to max out a champ just for war defense. if these people are no longer able to use those champs on defense that they have spent resources on that would blow cuz then most of the higher tier players will feel like they need to have at least a 4 star rank 5 champ on defense.. so they may feel like they need to rank up a 3rd tier medicore defense champ just to keep helping out the alliance in the aspect and that would suck having to waste t4cc on someone like abomination just cuz there is a cap and someone is not able to bring in their mordo

This is probably the best counter point I've heard. Really good thinking!
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    What I HAVE seen are seasoned players entering alliances with low ratings which are matched up against other alliances with low ratings (hopefully lol) but they place their 5* duped champs on the miniboss and boss nodes. That's a tough run for an alliance that may only have 4/5 4*s at best with some 3*s in there too.
    I kind of wish there were star ratings for wars like the arenas. Would be interesting if you could enter a 3* AW with another alliance looking for the same. That could REALLY put the emphasis on skills.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I would prefer to have changing nodes each war. Make node packages that make characters that aren't commonly used in war a good match. So each war you have to rethink your defense and you won't be facing the same characters in the same spots anymore.
  • I do throw people off with different champs in different spots but you cant be denied what champs get the most kills
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Not really a fan of this as I have definitely ranked up some champs just for defense. Some champs are just naturally better defenders or better on offense. I do think it's time for a new season/new map with modified nodes. Add in some of the new node buffs like role reversal. You'll still see a lot of the same defensive champs, not sure there's a good way around that.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It may get rid of the staleness but comes the problem of it becoming too easy. Magiks, spidermen, hyperion,mordos and a very small handful of others are the only characters that are actually difficult to fight regardless of node. The point of AW is to win so it makes sense people bring in top champions without an abundance of these defensive champions top tier alliance would have no trouble blitzing 100% bgs
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    No offense to the OP, but the simple solution is to just bring back 2* wars. Every node except boss is a 2* champ. They could even up it to 3*s to make the battles tougher if needed.
    No offense to the OP, but the simple solution is to just bring back 2* wars. Every node except boss is a 2* champ. They could even up it to 3*s to make the battles tougher if needed.

Not 100% sure if you're just trolling but the purpose of this thread was for constructive feedback to what I thought was an interesting idea. Fighting the same thing over and over again in a game that is pretty much just that gets tiresome sometimes.
    A lot of you bring up good points, which again was the entire point of this discussion. If you're just here to troll go back to your bridge.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Greywarden wrote: »

Not 100% sure if you're just trolling but the purpose of this thread was for constructive feedback to what I thought was an interesting idea. Fighting the same thing over and over again in a game that is pretty much just that gets tiresome sometimes.
    A lot of you bring up good points, which again was the entire point of this discussion. If you're just here to troll go back to your bridge.

Not trolling at all. Just stating that an easier solution is what I proposed. Every node except the boss node is limited to a 2* or 3* champion. Boss node can be whatever. It would basically be whomever kills the boss in each BG without contributing the most deaths would win.
  • What I HAVE seen are seasoned players entering alliances with low ratings which are matched up against other alliances with low ratings (hopefully lol) but they place their 5* duped champs on the miniboss and boss nodes. That's a tough run for an alliance that may only have 4/5 4*s at best with some 3*s in there too.
    I kind of wish there were star ratings for wars like the arenas. Would be interesting if you could enter a 3* AW with another alliance looking for the same. That could REALLY put the emphasis on skills.

This would be a game changer because I feel 3* are useless not just for "the uncollected" but some one like me who has a horrible selection of champs to be completing act5 chapter 2. Im saving up pots and revives now for it to try again. Because if I could flip my 4* line up for my 3* line, I would have be so satisfied with playing this game.. back on topic...this would level the playing field for every one. Because you can only use 3*s, it comes down the skill and strategies of the alliance's members, not the level of there champs...
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    My defense line up is quite simple, max out MD and 5 OP BS mystic, problem solved...