**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

exploiting bugs

I fully understand that exploiting bugs is against the terms of service, and also just dishonest. And I understand that rewards obtained through the exploitation of a bug should be revoked. However, that should in turn mean that when a bug negatively impacts a player in some way, by preventing rewards or resources for being obtained, or by costing resources to work around, those rewards and/or items caused by the bug, or sacrificed in order to overcome the conditions created by the bug, should be restored to the player.

So, for example, when I was in the middle of a quest and a bug caused me to be booted from the quest--with no evidence of completion beyond the missing energy--that missing energy should have been restored. Yet it was not.

This is, of course, a minor issue. But if you are intending to hold players accountable for resources obtained because of a bug, then you should also restore resources that players lose (or lose the opportunities for) because of a bug. To penalize players who benefit from bugs, while simultaneously allowing players to be disadvantaged by detrimental bugs, is patently unfair.

Comments

• InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    we dont call it a exploit when it works in our favor. but it DAMN IS when works in you our valued customers (valued milking whales). And we only like to screw you guys over. not the way around.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    It actually isn't mentioned in the TOS. It is in a post on this forum, but every player in the game doesn't need to agree to a forum post to play the game, just the TOS. Go read them, very dull, but bug exploitation is not included in there.
  • RedmistRedmist Posts: 31
    I understand the whole tos thing and I did not exploit the bug/gitch whatever you wanna call it,but I have an question how much money was made because of that are that. Are they going to be refunded people with those ban that handed out or are plan on keeping the thousands of dollars they, yes those guys are wrong for the taking an exploration but they both are at fault here.