**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic Dispersion Question

solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

Is mystic dispersion worth unlocking given my current top champs? I'm taking 3 points out of defense, but those are going towards maxing petrify, anywhere else I can take points to unlock it? & how many points should I put into MD?

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Obviously it would only help Dr Voodoo out of your top champs, but it could help him a LOT. When he uses Loas & other active buffs to fuel the spirit venoms you'll get a bunch of power, and similarly when he uses the 3 Loas in his L2.

Historically it was mostly for Mystic defenders and it was brutal, but that was more or less nerfed to the ground (and rightly so, IMO, it was complete BS if you didn't have Blade, or later, Gulk) but it can still be viable if you focus on offensive mystics who nullify/dispel a lot.

All that said, I'd say PROBABLY not in your case since you aren't flush with mystic champs to benefit from it.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    @PantherusNZ so how many mystics should I have before going for it? And which mystics benefit most from it? Only ones I know are SymSupreme and SW
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    If a mystic is predominantly used in all game play then it would be worth getting it but the champs who benefit from it the most on offence would (very arguably) be:
    - Dr Voodoo
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Dr Doom
    - Magik (if you use her L1 or L3 rather than focusing on her power locking L2)
    - Symbiote Supreme
    - Hood
    - Ghost Rider (Nailing his L1 when they have a few buffs can then get you into his L2 much quicker)
    - Dr Strange (ideally with a high sig as otherwise you're relying on his L2 while his Power buff is active)

There are others - but these are probably the key ones.

Obviously there's an economic analysis to be done on the worthiness of it for your account but it would just come down to how often you're using your Mystics, and how often you're using them against buff-using opposition, AND how often you feel you're not gaining power quickly enough...