**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blades danger sense and ability accuracy reduction in general

so I've been thinking, how exactly does ability reduction work? It doesn't work to stop masteries like suicides, it can stop the starburst node from even activating at the beginning of a fight but it doesn't stop mordo's astral evade. another thing I find interesting is that in some cases like quake or archangel it can stop an effect like buffet or masochism not just from triggering, but disable it for the rest of the fight while with blade, it only stops it from triggering every once in a while and not actually disable it for the whole fight. why is there so much disparity in the way ability accuracy works? can we have champs that reduce ability accuracy work to a set of rules. look at the example of magiks limbo, with archangel you can reduce the chance it will trigger but with blade, you reduce the trigger chance, reduce the chance it will damage you, and reduce the chance there will be a heal at the end of its duration. these are just some examples off the top of my head on how it works differently for different champs even though the description never changes. also what is the difference between ability accuracy reduction and PASSIVE ability accuracy reduction? apparently mood is immune to the passive type but I'm not sure what constitutes as passive in that sense.

Comments

• Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    Everything here seems to be explained by different types of AAR and different %age chances.

With Archangel for example, it's 33% reduction per neurotoxin, so if you keep 3-4 toxins on the opponent (easy to do with Magik) then her ability accuracy will be less than 0% and so limbo will never trigger. Blade can never get to that point, he just has a flat %age reduction so it will occasionally trigger.

Mordo's astral evade *is* susceptible to AAR, but as it's a defensive mechanism (activates when he's struck) you need a champ who reduces defensive rather than offensive accuracy. Crossbones for example with several furies will not trigger astral evade. You can drop a heavy on Mordo with Quake when he's concussed etc ect

Quake and AA only disable an effect for the whole fight provided they keep the opponent concussed in the case of quake, or above 3 neurotoxins in the case of AA.
  • why doesn't blade prevent voids abilities form activating at all?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★

why doesn't blade prevent voids abilities form activating at all?

He does, actually
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Everything here seems to be explained by different types of AAR and different %age chances.

With Archangel for example, it's 33% reduction per neurotoxin, so if you keep 3-4 toxins on the opponent (easy to do with Magik) then her ability accuracy will be less than 0% and so limbo will never trigger. Blade can never get to that point, he just has a flat %age reduction so it will occasionally trigger.

Mordo's astral evade *is* susceptible to AAR, but as it's a defensive mechanism (activates when he's struck) you need a champ who reduces defensive rather than offensive accuracy. Crossbones for example with several furies will not trigger astral evade. You can drop a heavy on Mordo with Quake when he's concussed etc ect

Quake and AA only disable an effect for the whole fight provided they keep the opponent concussed in the case of quake, or above 3 neurotoxins in the case of AA.

I'm pretty sure mordo is immune to AAR
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

I'm pretty sure mordo is immune to AAR
    Only passive AAR (like No Mercy). AA's is active.