**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

(My version) Updated Class Masteries

Since it's been forever that they updated class masteries I'm going to have some fun and take a stab at updating them. I tried to tailor all of them to be class specific and better against their enemy class, but are still universally helpful. Also, each of these would be stronger or weaker based on class relationship. This will be a long read. Here we go...

1. Cosmic Mastery - Your buffs last 10% longer and for every buff you have your crits ignore X% armor.

Against Mystic it would be 5% longer and ignoring less armor, against Tech buffs would last 15% longer and with ignoring almost all armor. This specifically helps more against Tech champions who have lots of armor up buffs.

2. Mystic - Honestly, I'd just leave MD the same, but just change Dexterity to be a passive based charge that doesn't interact with it. Makes sense that the Mystic one would be about removing buffs since that's what 90% of Mystics do.

However, I would make it based on class relationship. The amount of power you gain should be a lot lower when they fight Science and higher when they fight Cosmic.

3. Mutant - All debuffs have 30% shorter duration and Mutant champions heal for 10 every half second.

Against Skill all debuffs have 50% shorter duration and the regen is increased to 20 per half second. Against Tech debuffs only get shortened by 10% and the regen to 5 per half second (same as having salve with recovery). Could also make the regen work like Willpower at rank 1 and be like .05% of their HP a half second to scale better.

4. Tech - I would keep the collar tech idea, but ramp it up. Tech champions gain up to 30% increased power that they steal from enemy champions who gain 30% less power.

Reduced those numbers against Cosmic and increase them vs Mutant up to 40%. Works especially because Tech champions tend to be lower damage with bursty specials (save for Stark Spidey/Starlord), but it also reinforces class relationship by limiting Mutant specials (which is what many Mutant champions focus on).

5. Skill - Striking a champion with a debuff already on them gives a 20% chance to refresh the duration on the most recently applied debuff. Many Skill champions rely on bleeds or incinerates this helps them more against Science champions who usually have large health pools and less against Mutant who often have bleed resistance.

30% vs Science and 10% vs Mutant.

6. Science - All Science champions gain 100% perfect block, in addition they gain 70% energy resistance while blocking; if an enemy damages them with energy damage from any source they have a 25% chance become "supercharged" and their next dash attack is unblockable (making their intercepts always connect and break blocks). For this one I tried to focus on the defensive aspect most Science champions have. Many Science champions are "try to hit me if you dare" types and will either evade, drop poison debuffs on you, or enfeeble when you make contact. It was tough to nail down the one thing Mystic class has in common, but energy damage is probably the biggest one besides nullify.

Against Mystic class the energy resistance is increased to 90%, and a 50% chance to become unblockable on the next dash. Against Skill the energy resistance is 50% and they lose the unblockable effect. Also, I tried to be more careful with this one because it has a lot of "levers" (aka various moving numbers) that could be manipulated to make it weaker or stronger if it was too over the top.

The above masteries are what I came up with. Had fun trying to flesh some of them out.

Agree, disagree, or what mastery would you make instead?

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I like the cosmic and skill idea but the science and mutant need a bit of work. I think reduced debuff duration for mutants is a good idea but the regen is unnecessary. Paired with the 2 regen masteries already available they would be regenning like 4k+ health per fight and that seems excessive. In regards to science if all champs has perfect block it would destroy the use of captain americas and make them overpowered instead I think a 10-15% ability accuracy boost would do more good for the class, cap would get more perfect block, spidermen would evade a bit more, aboms would proc more poison, hulk would get more fury, seems more beneficial without making all champions captain america
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    I like the cosmic and skill idea but the science and mutant need a bit of work. I think reduced debuff duration for mutants is a good idea but the regen is unnecessary. Paired with the 2 regen masteries already available they would be regenning like 4k+ health per fight and that seems excessive. In regards to science if all champs has perfect block it would destroy the use of captain americas and make them overpowered instead I think a 10-15% ability accuracy boost would do more good for the class, cap would get more perfect block, spidermen would evade a bit more, aboms would proc more poison, hulk would get more fury, seems more beneficial without making all champions captain america

AND MD ISNT EXESSIVE?!
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Skill should have a controlled evade, similar to Nightcrawlers BANF evade. Maybe increase ability accuracy and a small increase to Critical Chance and Strength.

Science should have the ability to armor break, maybe a small increase to their buff and debuff duration. Chance to armor break matches class relationship.

Mutant should have a heal similar to Salve but make it permanent, with a decrease to debuffs put on them of both time and strength.

Tech should have a chance to incinerate, they mostly use beams.

Cosmic should give them a resistance or immunity to posion. Maybe a chance to shrug it off.

MD I guess it's fine but if you give people options than maybe it won't seem so OP.
  • Options
    Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
    I think science should get 50% chance to ignore any degenerating debuffs (bleed, degen, poison, cold snap etc.) against mystic 75% and skill 25%
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I think science should get 50% chance to ignore any degenerating debuffs (bleed, degen, poison, cold snap etc.) against mystic 75% and skill 25%

Technically I can see why you would suggest this, but it's not actually as useful. Most Science champions already have immunities to things (commonly poison, but Luke Cage is also bleed immune). This is also true of Cosmic who have a large quantity of poison immune champions.

I wanted to go with something that could help in combat, and felt like aside from the debuff reducing mutant mastery I wouldn't want to go that direction with any other class because it's partially the spot filled by Willpower. I wanted to choose something that could be used in any fight.

However, maybe it would have been better to go with increased block proficiency instead of perfect block sounds like the consensus. Although I could see ability accuracy increase for more ability procs being a good one too.