**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The state of war for mid tier, maps to suit prestige?

Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
So my 25m alliance was a gold 1 alliance, sitting around tier 6/7 and around 1800 war rating (we do 5x5 aq) regard ourselves as mid tier. had a couple rough seasons and slipped to gold 2. Then we Had an alliance breakup several members left, so we tried a full bg merger which horribly failed, new guys couldn’t do tier 8 war without 20+ deaths. We have slowly rebuilt and have a really good team again easily capable of g1. However we find oursleves to have slipped all the way to t13 (1250 war rating) with all the upheavals and slow rebuild. Here is my problem, it used to be that we would find easy opponents after so many losses, but with the prestige being such a big factor in war opponent search and the maps being so ridiculously easy we are having wars with <5 deaths in the whole alliance And still losing, (diversity is a must as so often it is the decider in the war and almost no nodes except minibosses are getting kills anyway) I’m seeing guys with 3x 5/65 attackers walk through our defense as I am walking through theirs with mine. there seem to be so many strong alliances stuck in this limbo. Is this just because there are so many strong alliances now that maybe we need to look at expanding the pool? My problem is that we are duking it out for 3 and 4* shards, I think this is in desperate need of an overhaul. and our rosters of good defenders and ranking are pointless, the r4 minibosses are <20k . Someone makes a mistake and forgets to place defense and your war is pretty much written off. Everyone wants to have a good war season but we can get more rewards from a 1 week push at aq doing a few map 6 and map modifiers than we can hope to achieve in a full season of war from this place we are coming from, it’s making recruiting much harder, people are burning out and retiring as war is just not worth anything anymore which leaves them to question if the game is worth playing. If prestige is a factor in war opponents maybe we should make it a factor for rewards. My alliance officers secondary account plays in a 15m alliance that are caning us in war rating and war seasons because they are only ever coming up against weak alliances. This is hardly fair considering that there must be so many alliances who are taking our war season rewards away from us who we would smoke in a head to head matchup, but never get to face them

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    This season we had wars with zero defensive kills, with 5/65 korg, thing, domino, Hyperion etc on defense, this really needs an overhaul. R4 defense are only 10-12k it’s just lame
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    One of our officers second account is in an 8m alliance and they made gold 2, we are facing map 7 top 500 aq alliances who are stuck in tier 13 and gold 3 getting zero deaths in war
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Just give up on war. Those measly shards you get at g1 mean nothing in the gran scheme of things.

I have 20+ rank 5 champions because I'm AQ focused. Stop being scared of map 6, and map 7. Oh and my alliance is gold 2 with a 40 million rating so you guys have probably beat us at AW at some point.