**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you Attack or Parry at the start of a fight?

GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Just curious what most people start out doing. I myself start out parrying first with being ready to evade if the opponent comes with a heavy attack. So do you risk getting combo'd at the start in exchange for getting the first combo? Or do you parry like i do?

Do you Attack or Parry at the start of a fight? 107 votes

Attack
5%
wSWeaponXLuismarquez131Darkrider05SpiritOfVengeanceThemanofjMataheroi12365 6 votes
Parry
94%
Etaki_LirakoiGamerMcord11758Whododo872SnakeEyes69ralmadaKronos987654321SnizzbarSirnoobSkeleton777BitterSteelMr_PlatypusNoob_2yrsFishhyTimone147TheLazyKingFreakydOKAYGangJohnnyViperStefff 101 votes

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Attack
    Can there be an option for both i attack when i face weak opponents for fun and parry when in important fights.
  • Options
    GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    Parry
    well you can't technically do both at the start...so no :)
  • Options
    SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Parry
    I always parry 1st
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Attack. Try to get things started quickly.
  • Options
    KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    Parry
    better safe than sorry. parry.
  • Options
    VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    Parry
    Usually parry but some times I dodge back
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Parry
    Maybe it's because I'm doing hard content but I think it's literally impossible to get the first hit if they start attacking lol
  • Options
    Parry
    I don't do either. I start the fight by letting myself get punched in the face. Thats the only way to give people any chance of beating me. :smiley:
  • Options
    I try to parry but get heavied
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Parry
    I always block/parry. It makes the block and parry bugs much more noticeable when your block doesn't work at the beginning of a fight.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    Parry seems to work well in Arenas and Quest and to some extent in AW and AQ.

The game mechanic seems to make AI stands and follow by a heavy or dash against a certain class champs or whether boosts are in used.

I notice my champ gets KOed faster when I use boost against AQ boss. It is like AI also receives a boost.

Well, back to OP's poll, 90% of time it's block (which becomes Parry when Parry works).

• Options
    Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Parry
    Look at it like this. If you parry you lose very little health and you able to get a full combo. And if you attack the possibilities of actually getting the combo is rare.
  • Options
    Parry
    Guys can someone please tell me how can I change my profile pic I want it to be hyperion or ghost rider
  • Options
    Parry
    Depends on the champs power and speed if he was fast and powerful I parry if he was a little weak I attack but most I parry
  • Options
    Parry
    Depends on the champs power and speed if he was fast and powerful I parry if he was a little weak I attack but most I parry
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Parry
    Guys can someone please tell me how can I change my profile pic I want it to be hyperion or ghost rider

Change to desktop mode
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

You have to go to full site mode. Then go into your profile and select avatar. Switch out of mobile site.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Parry
    Tried to always attack when I started playing, but the CPU was always first, so I adapted. Now I always parry. Unless I start with unstoppable buff ofc, then I go ham.
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Parry
    The poll should be between parry or evade.