**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Passive Stun Issue

@Kabam Miike Let me remind you: Doom has a Passive Stun when he applies his shock too. If you nerf Wasp, then this fix should apply to anyone who has a passive stun in their kit.

Don't keep us waiting for a full year, Kabam. You promised us open communication.

Comments

• Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Stun immune nodes aren’t considered debuffs.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    In the past, before wasp was introduced, majority of stun effects available in the game came from the stun active debuff, which back then stun immune automatically referred to the active stun debuff since that was the only form of stun available. Wasp was one of the first champs to have a passive stun effect so now a clear distinction has to be made that stun immunity should look at both passive and active debuff versions of stun.

To be clear though, debuff immunity will not stop wasp's passive stun as it is after all a passive. I expect and hope that this overall change to wasp's passive stun interacting with stun immunity to be added to dr doom as well as i saw videos where dr doom passive stun can currently stun the opponent even if stun immune node.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

What are they doing to wasp?

They are fixing a bug that has been exploited since .. forever.
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

What are they doing to wasp?

They are fixing something they acknowledged day 1 it was not intended on her Character Spotlight.
    People knew it was not intended since her first day on the contest, and still people ranked her up to exploit this unintended feature.

Now they are fixing it (I just don’t know why it took them so long, but still), and people are complaining about it as it is a nerf to the chatacter.
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Exactly, they only looking at Wasp now as she is key along side Ghost! So more people are using her. Also against Stun immune champions.

What baffles me is the passive/debuff.

The Stun immune is a debuff right? And having a passive Stun should by-pass it as its not a debuff. Yet alot of people are saying Stun immune is Stun immune.

No
    The Stun immune node reads as “This defender is immune to the effects of Stun”, which means they are immune to ANY stun, and not only the debuffs.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,388 ★★★★★
    Hopefully Doom will get the same 'fix' as Wasp. His passive stun shouldn't affect stun-immune champs; any more than Wasp's should. I doubt the team need 'reminding' about that.

For those still confused about the difference between debuff-immunity and condition-specific immunity, have you noticed that Doom's passive Shock doesn't affect Shock-immune champions (like Thing)?
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Vultures everywhere
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,061 ★★★★★

Exactly, they only looking at Wasp now as she is key along side Ghost! So more people are using her. Also against Stun immune champions.

What baffles me is the passive/debuff.

The Stun immune is a debuff right? And having a passive Stun should by-pass it as its not a debuff. Yet alot of people are saying Stun immune is Stun immune.

Hate to break it to you but wasp and ghost were released in the same update. People aren't recently using that synergy. Stun immune is a node ability. It can't be nullified or anything else. Debuff immune is also a ability and passive stun can bypass it because its not a debuff.

Symbiote Supreme can apply stagger on debuff immune in AW since stagger is passive.

Mysterio can apply his passive heal block to Kang in Variant 3.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    If you remove the ability of passive stun effects to stun stun-immunes, then what's the point of calling them "passive"? There won't be any difference between "active" and "passive" stun effects.
  • Options
    Kabam have to fix that ability of wasp, to be able to stun an opponent on a stun immune node. Regardless if its a passive or not. If it doesnt get fixed then they would have to reverse that "nerf"which they did to ArchAngel. Because that''s exactly how he used to function with his neuros.
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★

Kabam have to fix that ability of wasp, to be able to stun an opponent on a stun immune node. Regardless if its a passive or not. If it doesnt get fixed then they would have to reverse that "nerf"which they did to ArchAngel. Because that''s exactly how he used to function with his neuros.

Not exactly, they actually changed his stun from a passive to an active.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,061 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

If you remove the ability of passive stun effects to stun stun-immunes, then what's the point of calling them "passive"? There won't be any difference between "active" and "passive" stun effects.

Off the top of my head debuff immune and masochism both stop standard Stun but not Wasp.
    Same way stagger can bypass masochism as well.
This discussion has been closed.