**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Ghost SP2 third hit not critical?

onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
edited November 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Any idea why Ghost SP2 THIRD hit not critical, when the first two were critical? Sometimes it happen in Doom invasion quest Epic..I believe i got the timing right, if not the second hit would not be yellow text.
Due to certain interaction with the nodes? It's not glancing opponent.

Comments

• Options
    Goodness said:

It has to be thrown immediately upon phasing even a few . Of a seconds will cause it to only crit as many times as precision passives

I believe i got the timing right, if not the second hit would not be yellow text or crit.
  • Options

Is it because they are dead already?

nope, they are alive, i was continue fighting. Try Ghost on Doom invasion quest Epic, all three paths.
  • Options
    NimorNimor Posts: 110
    Are you sure it wasn't dr doom's aura?
  • Options
    tafre said:

Is it because they are dead already?

nope, they are alive, i was continue fighting. Try Ghost on Doom invasion quest Epic, all three paths.
    Doom has very high crit resistance so that base stat he has might have avoided the critical hit. Yes I know they are supposed to be guaranteed but that is how crit resistance works apparently, a similar interaction is observed when you launch the sp2 on Emma Frost when she is in diamond form, or when you fight against the Oscillate node and the defender is in the armor phase, they sometimes don't get crit even when you hit them with Corvus that has a charge, Wasp heavy attack, Ghost sp right after phase etc. Another example is when you fight a defender that has Aspect of Evolution long enough, your guaranteed crits start not critting because they are getting more and more resistance as the fight progresses.

Basically, I believe the issue is with how crit resistance interacts with "guaranteed crits". I think guaranteed crit means %100 crit chance and the x% crit resistance is reduced from the guaranteed chance of 100% and you have a (100-x)% chance of critting. Hope this explains my reasoning and helps you with ur question, sorry for the long post.
    i see, thanks.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Ghost can fail her guaranteed crit against crit resistance champions like Doom, Emma, Red Skull, KM etc ....

Thanks. do you think 3 points in dex mastery work for Ghost or not needed?
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

Ghost can fail her guaranteed crit against crit resistance champions like Doom, Emma, Red Skull, KM etc ....

Thanks. do you think 3 points in dex mastery work for Ghost or not needed?
    You only need 1/3 in dex mastery