**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Short Circuit boost Broken. Doc Oc

DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
The static shock boost is broken for 6.3.6. Doc of inflicts heal block but on the next parry he doesn’t get the shock debuff. It worked fine with Sentinel. I even applied the longer Heal Block with a no shock with a parry

https://youtu.be/gLaMzDnuP4Y

Comments

• DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious It would be a great fix if the shock applied immediately with the initial heal block parry. Meaning the parry activates a HB and shock. Either way this needs fixed with limited options for this path. The boost should work properly
    Doesn’t affect many people since no one is really exploring 6.3 much but it definitely hurt my chances to clear the path. Lost all my boosts. Hope this can get addressed
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    A dup Doc Oc does not inflict heal block.

His dup ability replaces the effect, and instead he "deals Direct Damage equal to 100% of health gained and Lifesteal 20% of the damage done.".

His dup ability replaces the effect, and instead he "deals Direct Damage equal to 100% of health gained and Lifesteal 20% of the damage done.".

WRONG

edited November 2019
    It still applies the debuff. There is no reason that it shouldn’t trigger that boost. You can read into the wording of the dupe ability all you want but this is getting out of hand with verbiage and description passive vs not passive debuff. The awakened ability says new effect not new debuff. If they want to go down this path people are going to get extremely frustrated. That’s why I want to here from someone who actually works for Kabam
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

It still applies the debuff. There is no reason that it shouldn’t trigger that boost. You can read into the wording of the dupe ability all you want but this is getting out of hand with verbiage and description passive vs not passive debuff. The awakened ability says new effect not new debuff. If they want to go down this path people are going to get extremely frustrated. That’s why I want to here from someone who actually works for Kabam

Quick question does the enemy heal (generate green numbers? That’s not a heal block.

Now should it count? Possibly, but as it functions, has functioned and been experienced it’s not a heal block despite what it’s called by the game or you.
    It is misleading that visually the debuff icon is still there, even though he doesn't apply a heal block debuff. I guess upon his creation they left it there without knowing the consequences.

He should apply a passive ability that still let's him do what he does, and replace the buffs/debuffs icons to avoid these mistakes
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It works on unduped ock, I used my 6* for part of it, something to do with his heal block being weird when duped, should still be able to apply shock tho
    If we really want to go down the rabbit hole... indomitable technically turns his dupe ability back to heal block. So really if you don’t work for Kabam how about some support to see what they have to say

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

If we really want to go down the rabbit hole... indomitable technically turns his dupe ability back to heal block. So really if you don’t work for Kabam how about some support to see what they have to say

Awakened, the heal block is replaced with an effect that does damage proportional to the health gained and gives part of that to doc oc. His healing isn’t reversed and he’s not heal blocked.

We can see what Kabam have to say by reading his ability absent personal desire. The confusion lies in how they left the icon and description from his unawakened ability.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Super interesting side effect of having an older champ re-enter the meta! As if the Doc wasn’t confusing enough already.
    edited November 2019
    @Kabam Miike surely we aren’t going to have a situation were a champion is punished for being awakened as someone has confirmed un-awakened Doc Oc can use the boost.
    It needs to be a heal block debuff. Being passively heal blocked doesn't count for the boost.
    cAncAmO said:

There will be possible to have an answer from Kabam here?

It´s totally ridiculous that this boost don´t work properly with doc octopus..

Please, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Anyone can give us an answer about this problem?

It shouldn't work with him, as explained above
    BTW HOOD is the best champ on that pa

VICTORY! after all this time they are making DR Octupus duped just as good as unduped by giving him HEAL BLOCK. Just like it should have been all along.