**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alphas in Map 5 Crystals

Why the hell is there still no type of alphas in map 5 crystals? Has this ever been address?

Comments

• solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    @DoubleDelta map 6 crystals don't give t1a though? And map 4s for some reason still give t1a fragments. With how many alphas are required for a single 5* rank up you'd think they'd be made a little more available. All you get is 3/week from arenas, 1 from 3day events and however many are in the monthly EQs. 5, 6, 7 AQ crystals don't have them, AQ peak, honor, and ranked rewards don' have them, and it's a dice roll on side events. November didn't have any.

To fully rank a 5* you need 22 t1as. Compare that to 12 t4b, 13 t4cc, and 10 t2a. The most needed catalyst (by a landslide) should not be less accessible than the next when the difference is so large.
    edited December 2019
    @DoubleDelta T4B are much easier to farm up than T1a, don't known what you're talking about there. T4b are everywhere. And 17 guaranteed t1as a month is pretty sad. That doesn't even make 4 5* rank ups from any rank.

Buying alphas from the glory store means you're not spending it on other more valuable resources i.e. AQ items, t2a, t5b drags, and you have to choose between taking t1as or t4bs if you're buying either. And I don't see why you're comparing t1as to t2as and t5bs, both of which are infinitely more valuable and only necessary for the highest level rank-ups, while t1as are necessary at all levels.

AQ's don't give any alphas whatsoever outside of low level AQ crystals, and neither do solo events. Greater solo crystals have alphas at 0.45% chance, which is less than 1 alpha per 200 crystals. And like I said, side quests are random. We didn't have any last month and it doesn't look like we're getting any this month.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

They have flooded game with alphas. That’s only half of what’s in the stash
    @Batman05 "I have alphas, therefore they're abundant". What? Look at the numbers. Stacking yourself on alphas off buying offers and monthly EQ doesn't say anything. That's all you'll be getting this month outside of arenas and spending glory that could be spent on other items.
    @DoubleDelta what math? All you have is arbitrary numbers out of the glory store and the 17 you get once a month. This has nothing to do with asking for free resources, it's not _possible_ to get more, because they don't exist. Just because you rank up 2 champs a month and are overflowing on every resource in the game, that doesn't mean others aren't affected.

Mid-tier players actually need to rank up 5*s, unlike the top players who have every champ they need at r4/5 or in 6* and constantly have to wait to pull champs worthy of ranking up.

When I'm actively playing and maxing out in every piece of content the game has and still have to wait 5-6 days between rank-ups simply because I don't have the sigil active, you're really gonna call that asking for free stuff?

And the only suggestion you can come up with for getting more alphas is to play a lower AQ map, which lowers our overall score per season, lowering our glory, ranked and milestone rewards, all for a crystal that has a microscopic chance of dropping a full alpha, and more often than not will only drop fragments in insignificant amounts. Ok.

Just remember the game isn't meant to cater to your needs alone. There are millions playing, and different levels of progression will have different needs.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    solopolo said:

@Batman05 "I have alphas, therefore they're abundant". What? Look at the numbers. Stacking yourself on alphas off buying offers and monthly EQ doesn't say anything. That's all you'll be getting this month outside of arenas and spending glory that could be spent on other items.

I don’t buy any from glory. I always buy three sets of t5 and the rest goes into t2 alphas. T1 alphas are strung all over the game. I have 35 in the stash right now. And it will be more after this months eq
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I’m always short on t1a. I get every t1a available as well. Lately even been buying all ten from glory. Last few months I’ve had t2a in overflow and starving for t1a... doesn’t help that now I got even more t2a and t5b in overflow from Black Friday. Starving for t1a.