We are currently experiencing an issue causing a delay in delivery of Summoner Advancement, the Alliance Quest event, and other 3-Day X-Men use event. We are working to resolve this, but it will likely take a few days. We will ensure that these rewards are delivered to affected Alliances. Please do not change Alliances until your rewards are delivered.

My friend died - his brother wants to give me his account info. Need insight.

ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
A very close friend died back in November from cancer. His account has been abandoned, but his brother happened upon his account info.

Since his brother doesn't play, he offered me the account. I told him I wasnt sure what the rules were regarding someone who died, and i would have to ask.

Any insight @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 6,158 ★★★★★
    It against the tos
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 2,320 ★★★★
    First of all, sorry for you my man. But I'm interested in this as well.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 6,158 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure is against the tos since it isn’t he own account still and I’m very sorry for the lost
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 654 ★★★
    Really sorry to hear that Aryl, my condolences
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 7,576 ★★★★★
    Sorry to hear that, in terms of the account support may be the best option since you get a direct response
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Thank you, guys.

It was a very sad and shocking thing. He was 37.

He was diagnosed with Stage 4 and 3 weeks later he died.
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 2,951 ★★★★★
    I am sorry for your loss friend cancer sucks and i lost my friend to that disease a few months back. In this case its best to reach out to support and it's certainly an extenuating circumstance indeed.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 5,161 ★★★★★
    My condolences. I guess it's against the tos either way, though... Since you don't need to give much personal information to create an account for this game, allowing this would probably open up a loophole.

I mean, technically to be somewhat legally sound for kabam to implement a solution to something like this into their tos, they'd probably need both a death certificate and a signed document from the deceased person explaining their will to hand on their account in case of their death.

Deeply sorry for your loss, but I don't see any way to legally obtain his account. Unless the mods say something different, better not touch it to at least have it stay in-game and not get banned. That way he'll still be around in the contest.

Wish you the best!
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 5,161 ★★★★★

My condolences. I guess it's against the tos either way, though... Since you don't need to give much personal information to create an account for this game, allowing this would probably open up a loophole.

I mean, technically to be somewhat legally sound for kabam to implement a solution to something like this into their tos, they'd probably need both a death certificate and a signed document from the deceased person explaining their will to hand on their account in case of their death.

Deeply sorry for your loss, but I don't see any way to legally obtain his account. Unless the mods say something different, better not touch it to at least have it stay in-game and not get banned. That way he'll still be around in the contest.

Wish you the best!

Also, maybe don't contact support in case you thought about that. I don't know anything about their guidlines, but just in case. It would be horrible if they had a policy to deactivate accounts if the original owner passes away.

At least have him stay around this way.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Man that blows, you have my condolences. I'm not sure about the ToS, but you could always send an email to Kabam support
  • Hi Aryl,

First, let me say that you have our deepest condolences. Friendships are forged in the Contest, and we’ve seen many strong relationships born through Alliances, and real life friendships carried through to the Battlerealm as well.

However, the transfer of an account is against our Terms of Service, and we can’t condone it.

We are very sorry for your loss, and your friend’s family’s loss.
This discussion has been closed.