**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4 stars still worth resources?

I have a good enough roster to complete act 5 exploration. Recently have pulled many 4 star god tier and beyond.
Omega red duped, domino, Emma frost, sabretooth etc
Still worth resources to rank up considering act 6 they are not usable Value for variants? I’m kind of in the awkward transition stage between uncollected and cavalier. Have some sweet 4 stars I’d love to rank up and use but their shelf life is quickly fading I think

Comments

• solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Depends where you’re in the game but I believe not really.. unless for synergy
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I only rank 4* to get a few extra points needed towards level up event and rarely passed rank 3 these days.
    T1a are to valuable to use in 4*, you need 22 of them to rank 5 5*
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    4* champs are still very useable in Uncollected EQ and the end of Act 5. My 5/50 CAIW regularly comes out to play - he was crucial against Dr Doom - as do Archangel, Void, Quake, Ghost, Corvus.

Sadly their usefulness in Act 6 is pretty low, since they can't participate!

If you've got really good Awakened 4* champs that bring something special to the team, then yes: definitely worth it (my Awakened 5/50 Void is way more useful than my Unawakened 5* 2/35 Void).

But as they are diminishing in importance, do be very selective, at least until you start acquiring Rank-up gems.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Well, what can I add to the other well-given advices?

I try to get all useful 4* to rank 3. It costs little money and catalysts. If I am really fond of one, it goes to rank 4. Only if I am absolutely certain I can use it regularly AND happily, rank 5.

I think it is important: you need to enjoy the champion. Being god tier generally makes a champion enjoyable, but if it isn't, then go with that one.

Try to avoid shelf champions: champions you don't enjoy but are necessary for certain content. Then you must ask yourself: is this what I really want? Is it worth the investment or is there other content?
  • JockJonnyJockJonny Posts: 237 ★★
    Thanks. All great advice. Certain new 4 star champs I really am enjoying. Have fun with Mr sinister and recently also got wasp and ghost. Guess I’ll try and balance fun with practicality. There’s always that haunting feeling that you will pull a 5 star right after you rank a 4 Star haha
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    If you aren’t ready to tackle act 6 for cavalier and still have some variants to complete and explore I would say they are still useful. All depends on where you are for exploration of act 5 and what your current 5 stars are as well
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Their value is very little I rank them for fun not because they help me anywhere in the game.

• Yes they are! Keep trying to get 4* crystals and you might get really good champs for quests and war. As you rank up and get better you’ll start getting 5* champs too. It’s not worth it to sell them, ever!
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    4 star nick fury is great to have, i used him at 5/50 for UC eq and some other stuff for a few months after he came out bc he was so fun and has great synergies, im living luxurious these days with the 5 star version which i feel so lucky to have got from a basic and duped from a dungeon crystal. The only dungeon crystal to ever work out for me, hell of a champ
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Depends on where you are at in game. Poet Act V their use is starting to decrease dramatically. Variants they still have their purpose but Act VI is there end of the line.

Once you get deep enough into a 5* roster they don’t serve much purpose to rank up outside the occasional use and/or personal champ you like to play around with.

I will say ones with synergies that are useful are still great for variants and variant 1 depending on your roster could use some of the better champs in 4* versions as you need a deep/diverse roster for that one.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I am thinking to upgrade my 4* medusa (for aq sentinels & drones & in act5 ultron), nick (to assist cap marvel), namor (for his sig ability to give back all damage during combo) & warlock (robot+daar)... now I just completed act 5.2 in august, soon going to complete act5. my another focus is AW & epic meq. Should I upgrade those 4*s???