**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Domino rank 5 material?

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
Just pulled a Domino 5*. I'm very happy about the pull as she is supposed to be a beast. But just wondering, why do so many people put her on defense in AW and not use her on offense? Same with AQ. Don't see many people bringing her. Makes me wonder, is she a bit over rated as a champ?

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Def not overrated. Lemme find a breakdown I wrote up a month or two ago and I’ll post it here.

Here ya go

She is very very random. You can have insane fights to respectable fights. The key is understanding lucky and unlucky. But before that, always be aware that she reduces enemy ability accuracy automatically, so you can get some lucky breaks. Also she gets a random amount of damage from her hits, and if it maxes crit damage and attack boost, it will give you a lengthy stun, which is another lucky break. One final lucky break you can get is her ~50% chance to shrug off bleeds and gain 10% of a bar of power (great for MS matchups)

Okay so Lucky and Unlucky. They do a bunch but there are three things to actually consider: Evasion, Ability Accuracy, and effects on special attacks. I’ll break it down

Evasion: the simplest of them: Lucky, you get a 10% chance to evade which can help but also screw you over, so be mindful when parrying. Unlucky, the opponent cannot evade. Simple as that.

Ability Accuracy: Unlucky, the opponent loses some, including -100% on dexterity, so thats alright for AW. Lucky, you gain ability accuracy. That means you will be more likely to bleed on special attacks, get perfect stuns, all that jazz.

Effects on Specials:
    L1 Unlucky: Nothing Crazy
    L1 Lucky: Refreshes Stun and Bleed
    L2 Unlucky: Taunts the opponent for as long as UL is up, honestly it has never helped me.
    L2 Lucky: much higher chance to Critical Bleed and a great finisher to fights (or for shortish fights)
    L3 Unlucky: Inflicts a decent armor break. Not that great really.
    L3 Lucky: this is what you want. Damage will increase for each crit you have landed in this fight, and have a solid chance for a critical bleed, which absolutely melts the opponent.

So the strat, all of her specials are pretty aight, but the ideal strategy is to
    1. Get lucky with 3 bars
    a. The opponents power should be pretty low.
    2. Either parry or luck into a perfect stun
    3. Immediately trigger L3
    4. Pray for a crit bleed
    5. Build power really fast
    6. Get to an L1 and pray for lucky
    7. Refresh the critical bleed
    8. Go back to 5

This will put up some crazy numbers.

Also synergies. The flame trinity as I’m sure you are aware is the massacre and red hulk with Dom. Mass gives +1 second on ALL debuffs (integral to ideal damage avenue) and RH gives you a fat incinerate on heavy.
    If I have to pick one of the two, I would go massacre because he can give you

1. The ability to do the L3 crit bleed thing
    2. Longer parry for MLMLLLMM combos
    3. Counters stunnable evaders as you can get a MLLLM combo off while the opp is stunned.
    4. More damage from bleeds and such

But with both partners, you can do the best way to get damage outside of specials. Parry, medium heavy, and it will do +250% damage as compared to a non-stunned heavy (That’s a lot of damage -Phil Swift) aside from the rare DoT where there isn’t a whole lot of immunity, it can also be just two hits for a ton of damage. So take Thing. You don’t want to hit him a lot. Well congrats, you can do a ton of damage and only give him 2 rock charges, and that’s assuming your AAR didn’t prevent one or both of those.

I do believe that’s everything. She is sort of complicated, but understanding her when stuff falls into place is so satisfying I can’t even.
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I just took my 5* domino to max rank she's insane for clearing content red hulk and massacre synergy couple of parry+heavys and she melts enemies away
  • Options
    Thanks man. That's very helpful.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    With flaming trinity, you can complete variant 2 and 3. Absolutely destroy UC EQ.
  • Options
    I dont have a 5* massacre but I do have a 5* red hulk.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    Any rarity masacre would do
  • Options
    myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    zuffy said:

Any rarity masacre would do

Unless he’s exploring Act 6 content
  • Options
    Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    She is insane all by herself. Took my 6* to R2 and she melts champs (I don’t bring red hulk or masacre ever; If I did I would go red hulk because of the incinerate - parry, heavy, rinse and repeat is all you need then). Never have to use L3 because the fight is over way before that happens. Only thing you really need to remember is to hold your specials until you are lucky, they are unlucky, or best when both are active. You can hit 35k just on the final hit of sp2 when both are up. And if you proc critical bleed the fight is over. And don’t forget that she’s got non-contact hits. She is a staple for me in AW and she is an answer to pretty much everything the game throws at you. The reason people use her on defense is because when she is duped she is a really tough out. Non-contact pistol hits and AAR reduction means parry fails often, she auto evades, and every time something fails to proc you have critical failure eating at your health. Definitely not overrated.