**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank up advice

Trying to decide where to rank up next. Here are my top options and why.
  1. Havok -- He's an awesome Korg counter and Korg has been giving me grief. The crazy sp3 seems very useful for bursting down things. The incinerate immunity and energy resistance are also very useful.
  2. Void -- Largely for the heal reversal, but I feel like the rank 4 doesn't add much to that primary function. Either you reverse a whack of healing or you don't... I also have a 6* unduped Void, which if I ever awaken (yeah right) will take its place.
  3. Namor -- is the first 6* I have worth ranking. His damage after the sp3 is amazing. Just not sure if he is really worth it unduped, when there are 5*'s I could rank 5 instead.
  4. Hyperion -- Hyperion has got me out of so many tough spots. He's amazing for all the variants which is what I'm working through now. He's probably my best option for 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister when I get to him.
  5. Corvus is well corvus, insane burst damage, but I'm finding at rank 4 he's not keeping pace with the late game content and I've been picking others to take his place.

Rank up advice 12 votes

5* Havok (unduped) to rank 4
0%
5* Void (sig 160) to rank 4
8%
Themadpotato 1 vote
6* Namor (unduped) to rank 2
16%
bigchungus21_Soar2878 2 votes
5* Hyperion (sig 50)
41%
Hammerbro_64FhfjghhggggjfhfjgEtjamaawesomesaucelowlevelplayer 5 votes
5* Corvus (unduped)
33%
ChelseaFCOwl_0wlNik_860Octoberstack 4 votes

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    5* Hyperion (sig 50)
    hyperion will be your better bet, UNLESS you run suicides then corvus would be my answer. Once corvus is awakened he can carry through so much content its ridiculous.

a rank 2 namor is nothing to scoff at either. he just gets such a huge benefit from being awakened + high sig level. (able to take on your korg problem, or anyone that has damage back nodes or buffs)

i'd hate to see you waste t2a on your 5* void, because thats when you would dupe your 6* void.

havok is a solid champ, but i think you'd be better off with taking a champ to r5 or r2 over an unduped havok to r4
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    edited December 2019
    I haven't been running suicides although I have wondered if I should. I've got a 5* Ghost (unduped), 5* sentinal (duped), omega red (max sig), iceman (duped), IMIF (duped), Corvus (unduped), and Thing(unduped) all at Rank 4, who could make an OK suicide team... I still haven't got good enough to play Ghost or Omega well though.It also leaves my 5* Sparky, and Domino both at rank 5 and a bunch of other 5* rank 4s in a bit of trouble.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    5* Corvus (unduped)

I haven't been running suicides although I have wondered if I should. I've got a 5* Ghost (unduped), 5* sentinal (duped), omega red (max sig), iceman (duped), IMIF (duped), Corvus (unduped), and Thing(unduped) all at Rank 4, who could make an OK suicide team... I still haven't got good enough to play Ghost or Omega well though.It also leaves my 5* Sparky, and Domino both at rank 5 and a bunch of other 5* rank 4s in a bit of trouble.

Omega turns into a different beast when running suicides - I have one at 5/65 sig 200 who can easily deal roughly 100k damage in the time it takes for the double edge bleed to run its course, and with some well timed heavies you can sustain a huge 30 spore degeneration for the rest of the fight.

Suicides is also huge for Corvus - at rank 5 (and running both DE and LC) I’ve found he’s still very much viable for 6.1 and 6.2 (just gotta get that first charge). Ofc, both Corvus and Omega will heal in every fight from suicides, which is handy.

Ghost is a no-brainer for suicides too - once you get the timing down, you can even phase recoil damage with the Hood synergy, so definitely keep practising with her.

I made the decision to turn on suicides on the basis of Omega, Corvus, and Namor - and I haven’t looked back since. Admittedly, my Sparky does suffer from it, but it doesn’t make him unplayable, I just need to use him sparingly and be cautious with my specials. His SP2 at 10 poise charges does deal an unholy amount of damage with the extra damage boost though, which is nice.

You could also run the Fury/Pool synergy to knock off the DE bleed debuff and regen a flat 10% for non-immunes. Suicides isn’t nearly as limiting as you might think, the only thing to really watch out for is Void, against whom you’ll want to run a full double immune like Sentinel in order to avoid the degen.
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    edited December 2019

Ghost is a no-brainer for suicides too - once you get the timing down, you can even phase recoil damage with the Hood synergy, so definitely keep practising with her.

I only have the 5* Ant-Man to help Ghost along synergies wise. I have 4*'s of Wasp and Hood, but that doesn't really help with Act 6 unfortunately. Does Ghost need the suicides and/or synergies to be awesome? I've was finding her damage was just OK without the synergies/suicides, but I suspect that is more my lack of ability than anything else.

• Ghost is a no-brainer for suicides too - once you get the timing down, you can even phase recoil damage with the Hood synergy, so definitely keep practising with her.

Does Ghost need the suicides/synergies to be awesome? Without them she wasn't doing a huge amount of damage, but that is probably my ability to play her more than anything else. I also only have a 5* Ant-man, my 4* Hood and Wasp aren't much good in Act 6.
    5* Corvus (unduped)

Does Ghost need the suicides/synergies to be awesome? Without them she wasn't doing a huge amount of damage, but that is probably my ability to play her more than anything else. I also only have a 5* Ant-man, my 4* Hood and Wasp aren't much good in Act 6.
    She can still hit very hard without suicides if you stack and refresh enough Cruelty buffs, or by utilising her Furies (heavy countering, corner chaining, etc.)
    edited December 2019
    5* Corvus (unduped)
    Her synergies definitely help, but aren’t necessarily obligatory. The Wasp synergy is most important if you want to fire off unblockable specials and not worry too much about timing; the Hood synergy is most important if you want to phase SP3s/recoil/unavoidable damage); and the Antman synergy is most important if you want to squeeze out every last drop of damage potential.