**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I got Kabam'd.

TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Will try my best to not make this a complaint post.

Started off pulling a tech AG from the gift from Kabam(not what im complaining about). Ended up purchasing the 30 dollar Cav deal in the in-store game. For my first Cav pulls they werent bad. Pulled 5 4 stars and one 3 star and it also gave me enough shards to open a 5 star. That 5 star granted an Omega Red which i was stoked about. Thought my luck was going pretty good. Then decided to purchase the $100 deal since it would give me another 5 star and around 7k 6* shards.

Well with that pull, I spun past a Nick Fury and landed on a Ronan which duped him. I guess im upset because i feel like i got shafted after spending $130, which might not be a lot to some people. Yes I know it's all RNG based but trying to find a reason to be happy with my Ronan pull. Please help. It got my spirits down on this fine Christmas day that im already away from the fam.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Honestly, in the current state of the game, five stars are better then six stars. 5 star sig stones are easier to come by than 6 star stones. It would’ve been a lot harder to awaken then dupe fury than Omega red. Also, I’ve heard Ronan has a pretty effective stun lock on the sp 1. Hope this helps, and have a merry Christmas.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I duped my Ronan too, at my very last 5* pull. At least now he can be useful. No reason to get upset. I pulled after some minutes a 6* abomination (between Venom and NF lol). Immediately thought, ok, might be useful for Variant 2. Always, try to see the bright side of things.
  • Options

Honestly, in the current state of the game, five stars are better then six stars. 5 star sig stones are easier to come by than 6 star stones. It would’ve been a lot harder to awaken then dupe fury than Omega red. Also, I’ve heard Ronan has a pretty effective stun lock on the sp 1. Hope this helps, and have a merry Christmas.

I appreciate it, you as well. I guess you do have a point with Omega and Fury. Just thought i'd have a little better luck!
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

I duped my Ronan too, at my very last 5* pull. At least now he can be useful. No reason to get upset. I pulled after some minutes a 6* abomination (between Venom and NF lol). Immediately thought, ok, might be useful for Variant 2. Always, try to see the bright side of things.

I appreciate the positive outlook on it. Trying not to be negative. Just hard pill to swallow after pulling an OR lol.I hope you find some use in your 6* Abom! Thanks for the insight
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    So being happy with Omega Red -- one of the no doubt elite characters in the game -- just isn't something you can do?

I mean. For real. Duped Ronan is fairly useful, not perfect. But at some point, it's a game. You can be happy or you can choose to feel bad.

Ultimately, that decision is up to you and nobody on the boards is going to be able to convince you to be one or the other
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ESF said:

So being happy with Omega Red -- one of the no doubt elite characters in the game -- just isn't something you can do?

I mean. For real. Duped Ronan is fairly useful, not perfect. But at some point, it's a game. You can be happy or you can choose to feel bad.

Ultimately, that decision is up to you and nobody on the boards is going to be able to convince you to be one or the other

You do have a point. Guess i just needed to vent. It wasnt a Pity post at all lol just frustrated Omega came with the 30 deal and not the 100 deal lol. But then again if it were flopped i probably wouldnt of spent the 100 if i got Ronan.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Bad pulls can certainly get you down. However, Ronan isn't even close to being the worst pull you could have gotten.

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you he's super awesome but when he is effective he really works. I recommend watching some YouTube vids of Ronan stun locking bosses of EQ's. Like I said when he's effective he is really effective. And not the funny forum cyclops effective lol.

Merry Christmas and cheer up, it could have been worse.
  • Options
    naikavon said:

Bad pulls can certainly get you down. However, Ronan isn't even close to being the worst pull you could have gotten.

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you he's super awesome but when he is effective he really works. I recommend watching some YouTube vids of Ronan stun locking bosses of EQ's. Like I said when he's effective he is really effective. And not the funny forum cyclops effective lol.

Thank you! I mean i guess i could give Silver surfer a shot if i really wanted to with Ronan.

A good buddy of mine brought up a good point that technically all the shards were extra since it was a unit deal so i can still trade for GGC's in my alliance as well as use them to complete Act 5. SO the more i talk about it, the more i realize that it wasnt all that bad lol.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

naikavon said:

Thank you! I mean i guess i could give Silver surfer a shot if i really wanted to with Ronan.

A good buddy of mine brought up a good point that technically all the shards were extra since it was a unit deal so i can still trade for GGC's in my alliance as well as use them to complete Act 5. SO the more i talk about it, the more i realize that it wasnt all that bad lol.
    See? Nothing in this game is bad forever, usually. People had Colossus for years, for example. One buff later and bang

It's never gonna be perfect. Some characters aren't the best. But it's a pretty good game overall and there are ways to use almost every character to your advantage in most modes. Not every mode, but most
  • Options
    ESF said:

naikavon said:

See? Nothing in this game is bad forever, usually. People had Colossus for years, for example. One buff later and bang

It's never gonna be perfect. Some characters aren't the best. But it's a pretty good game overall and there are ways to use almost every character to your advantage in most modes. Not every mode, but most
    Yeah i see people complaining about the game all the time and i try to not let that be me but just kicks my butt sometimes. Still waiting on a Thing or someone absolutely game changing but ill get there eventually
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    It's somewhat necessary to have bad pulls because if all you got were good Champs all the time this game would be too easy
  • Options
    Zuro said:

It's somewhat necessary to have bad pulls because if all you got were good Champs all the time this game would be too easy

Oh i completely agree with you. I mean i couldve got King Groot or IP so it definitely could be worse. Just had me down in the dumps after i dropped the hundo.
  • Options
    Ohhchewy90Ohhchewy90 Posts: 201
    I spent 150 and only got 3 5* champs one which one first time nick fury but I actually got more 4*s than 3 in over 30 cav crystals
  • Options

I spent 150 and only got 3 5* champs one which one first time nick fury but I actually got more 4*s than 3 in over 30 cav crystals

Dang thats pretty awesome. Who were your other 5's?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Rona can chessing a lot ther get many buff and not stun imuns