**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which match-ups make you smile?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Had an arena duel against Hood earlier today with my Awakened OG Daredevil, and had to laugh (shortly before destroying him) as Hood fired off his SP2, imagining the following exchange:

Hood: "Okay, you heroic @#&*. I'm going to shoot you with my magical guns, then turn invisible"

Daredevil: "This might not work out the way you're hoping for..."

So, I wondered as a post: What match-ups make you smile, or do you enjoy the most, and (if it isn't obvious), why?

This game is supposed to be fun, after all!

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Jug when I was lower rating I use to have problems fighting him everywhere now I laugh when I see him
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Anytime I face carnage I am happy, easiest win in the game. In arenas you can play with one finger, his damage output is so low there is no need to block or evade.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I allow luke cage to try and do some damage with those so called fists of doom... pfft indestructible.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    CWBP when I'm using Mordo
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Same for Juggs vs Juggs, lol. Personally, I like to do thematic fights like Bleeder vs Bleeder, or match Hero vs Villain, such as AM vs YJ. Or IM vs CA, heh.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Black Bolt...he has such easy specials to evade and his second special attack even damages himself. You cannot poison him, but he is still so easy to beat. Iron Patriot is too.
  • Options
    Just had a similar bit of fun with Voodoo against Gambit.

Worked up a bar of power, then let him hold block and have a free heavy attack so he could convert to ten Prowess buffs... Awesome damage from Voodoo's SP1!
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Bpcw vs bpcw stun reflect fest is fun to watch
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    I love going up against groots and OMLs with ronan. Insta-kill, pretty much, and that way beefed-up damage is so beautiful to look at
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    DV vs OML/Groot is always fun, but I think my most enjoyable matches are Thor vs bulky techs. Ultron, HB, Vision, IM, etc. Parry once to armor break and they're squishy as IF and RR. Speaking of which, Thor vs RR isn't even fair.
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Rocket vs Hulk... and even funnier when rocket wins.
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Hulk v Hulk without any blocking, just smash, smash, smash to the end...of course only in fights without real consequence....
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    King groom vs tech syms. Healing against those bastards never felt so good!
  • Options
    RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    I always like Loki v. Jug/UC; getting a 7 second unstoppable buff each time they use a special is just fun.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Thor v Rocket Raccoon, reminds me of Goku v Gregory.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Guilly vs any regen champ, I usually let them hit me enough to get SP2, just because its funny.

Loki vs groot/OML, just to steal buffs the whole fight.

• Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    My MD5/5 duped loki against Howard. A couple armors down and I get sp3, and you can almost see him all depressed saying "but that's supposed to be my regen, my armor, my fury!"
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    @JohnnyViper that's one of the most ridiculous fight I always laugh whenever I got to do it in arena.... spamming sp1 and just punching the **** out of each other...
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    If I start an AW match and colossus is running towards me.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Facing gencer m and winning. Very satisfying.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    CWBP when I'm using Mordo

I was thinking about the stun effect. So it actually works. :)

Mine is Rhino v Raccoon.

• Options
    Loving the contents above.

This was largely intended as a bit of a laugh; but does demonstrate that people enjoy the game for fun, not just for achievements/acquisitions/complexity.

What's the biggest difference between Marvel movies and DC movies? Marvel has a sense of fun. Kabam would do well to remember that!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I also like any Champ agaisnt themselves. I always have "Quit hitting yourself!" in my head. Lol.
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    I also like any Champ agaisnt themselves. I always have "Quit hitting yourself!" in my head. Lol.

Ahahahahhaha and I love especially gwenpool vs gwenpool. I turn on the sound just for that, to hear the squeaks of the puppets
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★

For some reason whenever I come across this, I have the Mortal Kombat announcer in my head saying "Mirror Match!"