**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Fantastic Four

The movies have definitely NOT been good but I still think the Four should be added. The Four are really good characters that should've been added a long time ago. With the Four should definitely come Doctor Doom. I'm just saying that Marvel's first team should be on here. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They're currently owned by Fox.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    What grounded said. Marvel doesn't own the rights of those champs
  • Options
    STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    Fox only owns the movie rights. Marvels owns all other rights but has stated until fox returns move rights to them they will not continue any media of fantastic four. This includes videos, comics, and video games. So it will be awhile til we see any fantastic four character.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The only one I'd actually like to see is Human Torch. Reed = Kamala, all tanks are terrible in this game so Thing is out...Sue may be pretty cool too if they did it right.

But Doom would rock, hands down.
  • Options
    Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    The least mcoc could do is add Quicksilver
  • Options
    Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    There are x-men in this game and Fox owns there movie rights so what does that have to do with anything
  • Options
    They're currently owned by Fox.

So is Kang but we still get him. The movie rights have no effect on the game, if they did then we wouldn't have any mutants in the contest
  • Options
    i would rather have the villains aassociated with the ff, Annihilus, Terrax, Doom, Silver Surfer
  • Options
    GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Part of the issue could be too many reskins.

As someone above mentioned, Reed would be similar to Kamala with her stretchy moves.

Jonny could be the same as iceman but on fire.

Sue could work similar to the hood with his invisibility.

The thing would be like the hulk.

Now Dr Doom I would like to see in the game and I think would be unique.
  • Options
    STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    I think you guys are missing the point. Yes Fox owns both fantastic four and x-men movie rights, but Marvel has clearly stated because of the issues with the fantastic four movies they would not release them in any media until fox gives back the movie right to them. This goes for this game as well. They are not holding anything back for x-men just fantastic four. This is why there has also been no releases of fantastic four comic books as well since the release of the last movie they are trying to force fox's hand to give back the rights.
  • Options
    The fantastic four, including villains, appear in at least 'marvel puzzle quest' which is an officially licensed Marvel game. It probably has more to do with less marketability on Kabams part, the majority of new champs tend to tie into movie releases.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Long story short, the Rights defaulted between Constantin and Fox through a contract obligation. There is a small chance Marvel could aquire them again, as Constantin is considering consolidation of assets, but as of now, they rest with them. They have begun to make peace with other companies, but it's still shaky ground.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Long story short, the Rights defaulted between Constantin and Fox through a contract obligation. There is a small chance Marvel could aquire them again, as Constantin is considering consolidation of assets, but as of now, they rest with them. They have begun to make peace with other companies, but it's still shaky ground.

Still though, fox having movie rights is nothing to do with the game, all the films have flopped too so hopefully fox wouldn't even try another one.

They were also killed off in comics too, or forgot about and not used until recently.

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Still though, fox having movie rights is nothing to do with the game, all the films have flopped too so hopefully fox wouldn't even try another one.

They were also killed off in comics too, or forgot about and not used until recently.

You're right, they could use them if they wanted. But they have said they work closely with Marvel on who to add, their class, etc. Marvel has had a hard stop on anything FF for quite a while now as they don't want to promote a property they can't profit as much from. People thought the same about X-Men, but that reversed recently as they know it's too profitable for Fox to ever get back.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    STShorty wrote: »
    Fox only owns the movie rights. Marvels owns all other rights but has stated until fox returns move rights to them they will not continue any media of fantastic four. This includes videos, comics, and video games. So it will be awhile til we see any fantastic four character.

This is exactly right. Marvel is so ticked about the way their "First Family" has been handled that they refuse to cross promote them. No new comics, no new toys, etc. That means no presence in video games, including MCoC.
  • Options
    Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Wait a minute, then how are Xmen in game?
  • Options
    MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Don't think Marvel has the rights for Fantastic Four so until they get em, no F4. Pretty sure Marvel has partial rights or are just on good terms with Fox so they can use some X-Men characters (that's why they could use Colossus and Deadpool in Deadpool© ⬅(for copyright's sake)) Not sure though, I'm probably talking outta my buttocks (Forrest Gump voice), either way someone will correct me.