**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bug in Tier 4 war all or nothing node 21?

zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Since it’s off season I am trying out a new path and using corvus in aw for the first time. I fought Thing using corvus in node 21 fisticuffs and all or nothing node. It’s a good thing but why is Thing throwing his specials in all or nothing? Is it a bug?

Comments

• Options
    Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74
    Next war, read the node again or spectate into another BG if they haven’t done that fight yet. It says that they are “less likely” to activate specials. So now it’s and “almost all or nothing node”. I’ve been pretty lucky with baiting specials on that path.
  • Options
    Only one BG war. Will have to wait for next war to check node description again
  • Options
    So it’s not a true all or nothing node.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    To clarify why this happens with Thing (and Thor Rag). Some champions have an increased chance to use special attacks, this can also be relative to their abilities; Thing’s increases based on rock stacks and Rag’s based on his defensive combo meter.

I believe what the node does is reduce the base chance to activate a special 1/2 to zero but does not reduce additional chance granted from hidden stats (like above) and abilities like Taunt.
  • Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    @CoatHang3r us this something the mods confirmed cause I cannot find it in the champion abilities?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The increased chance is confirmed within the game files themselves.

Being that champions without the increased chance to use specials do not use them on AoN absent taunt is what leaves me to believe the rest.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah I’ve noticed that too. Sometimes they’ll randomly throw. It’s not often but they will. Hype is the true pain there. Think it’s in his game files to try and launch 3 lol.
  • Options
    If that is the case, then that is not a good node for Thing. I was wondering how some alliances was beating Thing without a power control champ unless they were using invulnerability boost.
  • Options

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. Sometimes they’ll randomly throw. It’s not often but they will. Hype is the true pain there. Think it’s in his game files to try and launch 3 lol.

I think so too. Hyperion just love l3 in AoN