New Boosts Idea

My alliance mates and I were discussing some new boosts idea. I know we already have the health and attack boosts, as well as the class specific boosts for SP2s and SP3s, but these new boosts would help in story mode, quests events, and AQ/AW..

The new boosts could be purchased with loyalty, units or glory and go up in price and reset each week like glory store to minimize over use.

Degen Boost - ( would last a defined time, maybe 10 or 15 mins (maybe less) like the current attack and health boosts)
Bleed Immune - (would last a defined time)
Poison Immune - ( would last a defined time)
Cleanse Boosts - (would remove all opponents buffs on a timer, maybe like every 15-20 secs)
Gold Boosts - (like the XP boost, and maybe in increments of 20%, 40% or 50% increases, or maybe have the amounts rotate each week. This is for all those who don't want to waste a permanent point in mastery for gold increase).

Open to more ideas and or criticism. I think these boosts would help players through content (when they are still building their roster or don't have the specific champs needed) or when their top champs are tied up in AQ and AW and are using their 3rd string for story/event content. I know myself I have one bleed/poison immune champ (AoU) which is always tied up in AQ/AW....LOL

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Member Posts: 246
    I like the gold boost idea. Not the others so much. To much of a game changer for me.
  • haplopearthaplopeart Member Posts: 25
    Really need something that can be used to cancel the node effects in alliance wars in general. 15 minutes all nodes you attack the defender is reduced back to base values.

Even better a node reveal so when you attack you know what the hell you are facing.
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    haplopeart wrote: »
    Really need something that can be used to cancel the node effects in alliance wars in general. 15 minutes all nodes you attack the defender is reduced back to base values.

Even better a node reveal so when you attack you know what the hell you are facing.

That would absolutely break AW, a war boss thats just a 9k magik in 15 minutes if a whole bg got on and worked together they could clear almost all of the map and lose 0 champions. There are node reveal masteries, you aren't supposed to know who you are fighting thats why you have to be smart and bring in diverse champs and learn what champs are common on certain nodes.
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Aside from the gold boosts all the others are too overpowered, boosts aren't supposed to give champions new abilities they are supposed to increase abilities they already have thats why they are called boosts. Immunity boosts would gimp AW and AQ, rather than changing abilities, boosts that enhances abilities like increased ability accuracy, longer stun duration, more regen potency, increased amount of power drained, increase crit rate, increased crit damage, increased bleed duration, increased poison potency, increased buff duration etc would be less game changing while still giving good boosts to certain characters.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Member Posts: 907 ★★★
    Farmer Boost - doubles drop rates in T1,2,3 Class cat quests.
  • haplopearthaplopeart Member Posts: 25
    Sungj wrote: »
    haplopeart wrote: »

That would absolutely break AW, a war boss thats just a 9k magik in 15 minutes if a whole bg got on and worked together they could clear almost all of the map and lose 0 champions. There are node reveal masteries, you aren't supposed to know who you are fighting thats why you have to be smart and bring in diverse champs and learn what champs are common on certain nodes.

The concept is that it would work for you. I doubt given the probabilities on the drop that an entire Alliance would be able to use the same boost at the same time.

In so far as bringing diverse champs. I only have a couple that are strong enough to compete in AW, I can only bring what I have.
  • PistolPrincess1PistolPrincess1 Member Posts: 25
    Sungj wrote: »
    Aside from the gold boosts all the others are too overpowered, boosts aren't supposed to give champions new abilities they are supposed to increase abilities they already have thats why they are called boosts. Immunity boosts would gimp AW and AQ, rather than changing abilities, boosts that enhances abilities like increased ability accuracy, longer stun duration, more regen potency, increased amount of power drained, increase crit rate, increased crit damage, increased bleed duration, increased poison potency, increased buff duration etc would be less game changing while still giving good boosts to certain characters.

I see your point in AQ/AW then perhaps maybe make those immunity boosts only available for story mode or event quests...I know myself even being 350k player lvl 60, I still do not have some necessary champs needed for Act 5. It's always 1 or 2 paths in each quest that kill me, literally LOL

It would help give a player a little extra edge, or boost, to get past those paths that seem impossible, so even if they have the skill to complete content but not the champs it would help.
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Member Posts: 133
    I would like to see a pure Power Gain boost, maybe 50 or 100% boost. I know they have the SP2 and SP3 booost where you can recoup power but a pure Power Gain boost would be nice.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    How about a battlechip boost, loyalty boost, and a luck boost so our chances of getting what we need are increased by 0.1 percent, upgrading boosts is a very good idea.