**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rip warlock!

Recently I rank5 warlock and very happy to use him in act6 but after update and his bug fix I noticed he is not that much good . Anyone having same feeling for him, And sorry for my English

Comments

• Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Rex89 said:

Recently I rank5 warlock and very happy to use him in act6 but after update and his bug fix I noticed he is not that much good . Anyone having same feeling for him, And sorry for my English

Can you explain why?
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    NMEONES said:

Rex89 said:

Can you explain why?
    Probably because they fixed his ability accuracy reduction and it now correctly only reduces offensive ability accuracy.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Still awesome, IMO.
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    He's still amazing.
  • Options
    Rex89Rex89 Posts: 22
    Before update he can counter , unstoppable, unblockable, aspect of war , no retreat and so many annoying nodes in act6, but now he reduce damage while getting hit , passive heal block .
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Rex89 said:

Before update he can counter , unstoppable, unblockable, aspect of war , no retreat and so many annoying nodes in act6, but now he reduce damage while getting hit , passive heal block .

Cause he was bugged (in a positive way) before the update.... He's currently working as intended when designed.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    He stil really good
  • Options
    Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    I didn’t notice to much change, he’s still amazing!!
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Rex89 said:

Why wouldn't he still counter unstoppable, unblockable or AOW? They're all offensive abilities
    Offensive ability accuracy reduction reduces the chance for an enemy to activate abilities while striking Warlock so unless those things happen while striking him they shouldn’t have and now should trigger against him.

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Rex89 said:

Why wouldn't he still counter unstoppable, unblockable or AOW? They're all offensive abilities
    Offensive ability accuracy reduction reduces the chance for an enemy to activate abilities while striking Warlock so unless those things happen while striking him they shouldn’t have and now should trigger against him.

I'm aware that offensive abilities trigger when striking but where is it stated that offensive abilities exclusively trigger that way? How is unstoppable not an offensive ability? If it's not considered an offensive ability how is it classified and what form of AAR impacts it?

Furthermore it's long past time Kabam puts out an index of ability classification and how they're impacted, offensive AAR should absolutely counter offensive abilities regardless of if the opponent is attacking when they trigger.
    I couldn't agree more! I have tried to wrap my head around this so many times that an official statement from kabam would come in handy.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Rex89 said:

I'm aware that offensive abilities trigger when striking but where is it stated that offensive abilities exclusively trigger that way? How is unstoppable not an offensive ability? If it's not considered an offensive ability how is it classified and what form of AAR impacts it?

Furthermore it's long past time Kabam puts out an index of ability classification and how they're impacted, offensive AAR should absolutely counter offensive abilities regardless of if the opponent is attacking when they trigger.
    If anyone can prove this wrong please do so.

Offensive and Defensive abilities do not exist; they’re all just abilities. The way OAAR (and inversely DAAR) works is that while striking an opponent your Ability Accuracy is reduced. This has a window of time it’s active per action, (which is subject to being tweaked).

Under those rules there is no index to make or be had. Offensive and Defensive Abilities are a myth, an illusion people use to make sense of what’s happening.

You can evidence this when you catch someone like Antman using his glancing to prevent things like Ironman’s Arc Overload or King Groot’s heal (happened to me today in arena).
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Does he (still) prevent Ghost from phasing?

Just curious, as I was using Ghost earlier today vs Warlock .. and noticed once or twice, couldn't phase. :(
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Rex89 said:

Offensive and Defensive abilities do not exist; they’re all just abilities. The way OAAR (and inversely DAAR) works is that while striking an opponent your Ability Accuracy is reduced. This has a window of time it’s active per action, (which is subject to being tweaked).

Under those rules there is no index to make or be had. Offensive and Defensive Abilities are a myth, an illusion people use to make sense of what’s happening.

You can evidence this when you catch someone like Antman using his glancing to prevent things like Ironman’s Arc Overload or King Groot’s heal (happened to me today in arena).
    Warlock's spotlight literally says "-30% defensive ability accuracy reduction." So I'm confused how this is made up? 🤔
  • Options
    CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Rex89 said:

Doesnt make sense when cavaliers make these dumb comments
  • Options

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Rex89 said:

Warlock's spotlight literally says "-30% defensive ability accuracy reduction." So I'm confused how this is made up? 🤔
    What’s made up is the interpretation that offensive ability accuracy means anything like
    opponents suffer -30% unstoppable ability accuracy
    or opponents suffer -30% ability accuracy when activating a special attack
    or opponents suffer -30% ability accuracy when they take an action.

-30% offensive ability accuracy reduction is a short version of saying “...opponents suffer 30% Ability accuracy reduction while striking Warlock.”