**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it legal for Kabam to expire items you purchased in-game with cash?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
I know in California, there are laws against things you purchase and it expiring. Purchases made with cash, not units...should they be able to expire? Just wondering if anyone knows.

Comments

• Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I had this conversation with support. Purchased items are broken down into two categories: currency (units/gold) and consumables. They don’t let currencies expire, but they do consumables.

Seems like a real thin hair their splitting to me, but some in my ally thought it made sense.
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    It should
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    The law says that ingame currencies bought with real cash can't expire. Takes like 2 mins of googling or less and you'll have your answer
  • Options
    Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    Patchie93 said:

The law says that ingame currencies bought with real cash can't expire. Takes like 2 mins of googling or less and you'll have your answer

Currencies.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Well since you don’t own anything on your account, it legally shouldn’t be an issue right?
  • Options
    UnevenZeroUnevenZero Posts: 13
    Mike192 said:

Patchie93 said:

Yea so in game currencies would be units, gold, battle chips, loyalty and so on but not items such as sig stones or t5b.
    Yea this is why everything you can buy with comes with either units or gold. The rest is "extra" and they can say you're purchasing the currency.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Everything physical has an expiry date, don’t see why it would be different for virtual products, as long as the information is shared
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

Well since you don’t own anything on your account, it legally shouldn’t be an issue right?

This