Sentinel power gain bug?

With Mystic Observation synergy it says power gain with power lock. DORM power drains on medium ending combo.

Comments

• He power drains on the medium attack, and he only power locks on his special 2.
  • DarindeshDarindesh Posts: 12
    Yes, I was fighting Sentinel in arena with this synergy with Dorm and every time I did a medium hit I would not get a power drain and sentinel would gaina full bar of power. I didn't use any special
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    The crucial part of dormammu's ability is that his second medium does not generate power for the opponent.

As far as I know for any form of attacks not generating power for the opponent this is accomplished by what is essentially an invisible power lock effect for the duration of the given attack.

There's something similar happening with doctor doom against sentinel with that synergy. When doom's aura of haazareth is active his sp1 and sp2 do not grant power for the opponent. Firing off one of them against a sentinel with the mystic observation synergy will result in sentinel generating a good amount of power, since every hit of that special seems to produce an invisible power lock effect.

Now, I don't know whether that's fully intentional in the sense that they wanted sentinel's synergy to interact with such attacks the way it currently does. But yeah. Invisible power lock effect is essentially what's happening there.