**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nightcrawler and Beast Synergy Suggestion

Hi everyone,

Nightcrawler has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters and after duping my 5* for the third time it makes me sad that there isn't a place in the meta for me to bother ranking him up. I put some thought into it and here's my pitch:

1) Nightcrawler and Beast are both characters who are almost viable to use in the game. Nightcrawler has fallen out of the meta for AW defense and they are both collecting dust, but both characters have some decent abilities waiting to be used.

2) Not all characters are a good fit for patching via synergies, but I believe this is a situation where it works and wouldn't require redoing their existing abilities. NC and Beast already have a synergy that gives everyone a bit of armor that could easily be replaced.

Let's start with Nightcrawler.

Pros:

- Fun, bursty attacker who can dish lots of damage and feels dynamic to play with great animations.
- Fits the meta of mutant champs by bypassing Skill champ shrug off mechanics since his bleeds are instantaneous and don't rely on an actual debuff. Existing synergies also reenforce the mutant meta of big special attack damage.
- Existing synergy with Havok was a great first step toward making NC more usable on offense, eliminating the need to switch stances at the start of every fight and giving him guaranteed Deep Wounds on crits.

Cons:

- Unfortunately the Havok synergy also makes the increased Deep Wound chance from his SP2 and SP3 redundant.
- NC is built for sustained, very aggressive attacks but he doesn't have any way to control the fight.
- His small health pool is a liability.

Possible solutions:

- Champions who can make enemies Miss are a newer addition to the game but this ability fits NC perfectly from a thematic standpoint. Giving him the ability to Bamf on Well-Timed Blocks, causing enemies to miss that single hit would be a fun way to incorporate this while helping him avoid block damage and control the fight. It also leans into his specialization against shrug-off/debuff resistant enemies and gives him a specific niche in the meta without making him a God tier champ.

- Another possibility would be to make his specials Unblockable while he is under the effects of a Precision buff. It would fit thematically for the character, embrace the mutant meta of big specials that is already supported by the other Mutant Agenda synergies, and give him a way to control the tempo of the fight when he needs to keep his attack boost up.

Now for Beast!

Pros:

- The dual stances mechanic is a cool idea and reflects the idea that the character is a genius who can string together complex attacks.
- Like Nightcrawler, the direct damage he can do by completing combo moves in Freestyle mode gets around Skill champs who can shrug off his bleeds, giving him a way to augment his damage when he doesn't need the healing from Acrobat mode.

Cons:

- Even when completing a combo successfully there is still a cooldown before you can do it again. Since the combos depend on doing certain hits in order, you essentially have to stop and wait for the cooldown to expire which is awkward and ruins the fantasy of Beast's Capoeira-style combos.

Possible solutions:

- Beast's SP1 and SP2 are really just there for switching stances. Building your attack rating by cashing in your combo meter via the SP3 is the bread and butter of his damage output. I propose that the synergy get rid of the cooldowns when Beast completes a successful combo, and has the following effects based on his stance.

- While in Freestyle mode, completing a combo successfully adds a small burst of power gain, even if it's just 5% of a bar of power or something. This would help him build to an SP3 more quickly to ramp his damage without being OP.

- While in Acrobatic mode, completing a combo successfully activates a True Accuracy passive that goes away when Beast blocks an attack or is hit. This would encourage players to intercept without the danger of evades or auto blocks, which leans into the smooth, uninterrupted combos and genius fighting style of Beast while adding some utility to make Acrobatic mode more enticing.

I would also like to suggest that this synergy be named, "It's not easy being blue"

I'd love to hear thoughts on this, anyone agree that this would work well? Have tweaks to make it better?

Comments

• Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    There's plenty of worse champs than NC that need some attention before even considering him. I would like to see some more uses out of him too, but I don't think he's a priority -- especially not with the current havok synergy.
  • Joshkc662Joshkc662 Posts: 25
    Sean_Who said:

There's plenty of worse champs than NC that need some attention before even considering him. I would like to see some more uses out of him too, but I don't think he's a priority -- especially not with the current havok synergy.

Yeah I agree in general, but that's why I think it's nice when you can add a bit to the characters through a synergy. They're very close to being good already but for the most part they collect cobwebs on the shelf. This way you don't need to go through the process of a full character redo and beta. You could introduce it as a synergy with a new champ being added, but I think there's an opportunity here since both champs are mid-tier, already have a synergy connection that isn't useful, and have a thematic connection to add something without much effort or negative impact.
  • Joshkc662Joshkc662 Posts: 25
    Fabwizi said:

Nightcrawler -should have synergy with mystic whenever she is added into the game, giving him 100% chance to evade specials and all such evades grants him poise charges note only all specials evade.

Beast- should have protection on specials when hit, and with protection also an enrage buff granting him 100% attack rating and power gain until hit again, only activates once per fight.

I'm not sold on those specific abilities, but 100% agree that Mystique should be added and there should be a strong synergy with Nightcrawler. It would be even cooler if Azazel got added as well and they had a family synergy like the Inhuman Royal Family!