**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Diablo is the no.1 buff priority and the mystic class in general

Considering the fact that the mystic class is very restrictive when it comes to rank 5 options, I say it is top priority when it comes to buffs. How come though we never had the chance to choose a mystic to be buffed @Kabam Miike? Not that I have a beef with you, but you should prioritise mystic buffs right now. Champions such as:
-Iron Fist
-Ebony Maw
-Diablo
-Juggernaut
-Unstoppable Colossus
-Man-thing
-The Hood
-Thor Jane Foster
-Ghost Rider
-Doctor Strange
-Dormammu

For those of you who consider some of these to be "defensive champions" THERE IS NO SUCH THING! A champion is meant to be played. That's why champions like Korg and Red Skull are hated by everyone.
Now, coming to the topic of Diablo. This champion is so bad, it's a miracle he's in the game. He only has one use, against buff heavy champions, but so do other great mystic champions. By far the worst thing about him is his persistent potion mechanic. It turns a C+ champion into an F. Basically you can only play this champion until you run out of potions. No cooldowns like Corvus and most certainly no payoffs. His damage is not bad if one runs the liquid courage mastery, but can only be maintained for so long. Why include such a mechanic? It ruins whatever is left of poor Diablo. I've heard the guy from Kabam say in the interview with DorkLessons that they are looking into Diablo and how to make him viable. They should. Ebony Maw aswell. The difference here is that Ebony Maw only lacks the damage to back up his utility. His passive degenerations are the worst joke I've ever seen. His entire damage output is whack.

Comments

• Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Hood, Dormammu, GR and Man-Thing are perfectly fine.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Imho the order is this:
    1. Iron Fist
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. ...
    5. ...
    6. ...
    7. ...
    8. ...
    9. ...
    10. The other trash Mystics
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’m all for a Diablo buff (proud owner of a 6* version), but I do think it should be mentioned that he can be a decent champion. The problem is that his skillcap is annoyingly high and not worth the payoff.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Just make his potions unlimited, and with few buffs in stats will make him decent...
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    diablo sucks because of his trash numbers on abilties and reverse rampup more u play him more he sucks, so all he needs is
    - absolute poison resistance (90% )
    - no cap on amount of green liquid drinks he has (yeh concoction is too profestional)
    - higher damage numbers on iron , no need to change regen it doesnt make much diffrence to b honest for higher end content, and higher nuilify chance on power drink,
    - make it may b simpler to brew and drink for him. so for me by quick and useful buffs if they actually wanna buff champs and keep the game going lot longer , by quickness
    - Diablo
    - Ironfist (needs some utility, more potent armour breaks -i tried and got max 2 on high end conten, on ROL i got upto 4-5 which increased his damage)
    - Jane foster (needs proper work)
    - Dr strange (needs lot of work)
    - Ebony maw (havent tried him at all he looks creepy)
    - Loki, juggernaut, guillotine, unst. collosus needs something i dont know what but to b relevant or b a rankup choice they definitely needs to be looked at again
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Had me at buff mystics, lost me at Red Skull.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Hood, Dormammu, GR and Man-Thing are perfectly fine.

I'll agree with you on Hood, Ghost Rider, and Man-Thing. However, Dormammu has needed some help ever since the mystic dispersion/dexterity update. In fact, Kabam said they'd monitor Dormammu's performance after the update to see if adjustments need to be made. They've yet to disclose their findings. What I can tell you is that my sig 180 Dormammu hasn't gotten a kill in the last 3 seasons of war. Before the update, he was good for 1-3 each war.

The 3 champs that took the biggest hit from the MD/dexterity update were Juggernaut, Unstoppable Colossus, and Dormammu:

Juggernaut got an update very shortly after the dexterity update. This his where he gained stun immunity during his Unstoppable phase (he didn't always have that). From a defensive standpoint, I'd say the tradeoff was reasonable.

Unstoppable Colossus is largely considered a "trophy champ", which historically is not a champ Kabam pays much attention to when it comes to updates. You can still stun him during his Unstoppable phase, but now he doesn't get the same benefit from Mystic Dispersion as he did before the update. He's been left in the dust, which is why you don't see him on attack or defense anymore.

Dormammu pre-update was much like the previous 2 champs...the danger in fighting him came from dexterity stacking buffs on your champ, which lead to unfavorable circumstances in the fight. For Dormammu, this was double trouble because not only does he gain power from Mystic Dispersion, but each Dex was another chance to trigger his Soul Leech, which applies a Degen passive to the attacker. With the dexterity update, the risk from both of these is effectively gone. Kabam has not revisited him since the update.

Personally, I think a single, slight update to Dormammu could mean a world of difference to him. Currently, his block proficiency is terrible, which is rough considering that to bring his damage output from "underwhelming" to "serviceable", you need to properly use heavy attacks, which are easiest to apply off a parry stun. However, anyone who has used Dormammu in high-level content knows that even parries can inflict a lot of damage. I remember taking him into one of the temporary challenges (Evangeline Lilly, maybe. The one where you wanted to use XL champs) and losing around 30% of my health per match due to parry chip damage dispite never taking a hit.

However, if you give Dormammu a bump to his block proficiency, he could become a viable attacker in tough content. Don't make it top of the line like Cap IW, but give him really nice block proficiency like IMIW and I could see him being a nice utility champ. Double immunity, power control, XL, direct damage, passive damage. At this point, his biggest drawback would be his lower-than-average attack rating. Baby steps...
  • Options
    Aryl_HaminAryl_Hamin Posts: 13
    Nah. Groot and Magneto are #1 priorities.

They've earned it.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Woah, woah, woah. You talking trash on The Hood? The Hood is a fantastic champion and doesn't need to be buffed. If you're gonna change anything about The Hood, it would be to make his invisibility a passive and not a buff. I fully believe that the only reason why it isn't a passive is because passives weren't a thing when he was introduced. He's a beast otherwise