**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Crossbones - relevant in 2020?

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
Just got one.
Youtube and spotlight suggest he should be great, but are all 2017.
Seems like a nice IMIW/medusa/evade champ counter.

Anyone using him in 2020?

Comments

• Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Certainly in theory he has some utility. Building furies to reduce defensive ability accuracy, and the fact he doesn’t crit makes him suited to certain nodes and fights, such as against Sinister.

Problem is though, he just never makes it into my team. Whatever issue he could deal with, I always seem to have someone better suited to it, or with broader utility. Because he needs to build so many furies to shut down abilities, you need to play very aggressively, which in end game content is rarely possible. I just always seem to have better options. Need to counter Medusa? BWCV, SS and evening Ghost Rider are more reliable. Evade champs? Stealth Spidey, Killmonger, Corvus. In fact, Corvus and Proxima for all of it. Except Sinister, but then I have plenty of heal block or debuff champs for him.

Obviously this depends on your roster. Mine is quite deep so CB has essentially become irrelevant. If you don’t have good options for auto block and evade champs, you may get some use out of him. He’s one that the game as a whole has somewhat left behind for me, though.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Yes definitely, one of the only Counters for Nodes and Champions that Punish you for Criting since 1 he doesn't Crit and 2 he doesn't need his Crits compared to most champions which are severely mitigated when they can't Crit. He has Shrug Off when Duped for dealing with Champions like Invisible Women and Massacre, his Furies can stack up really quickly unlike some people think as long as you are fairly aggressive, the Ability Accuracy Reduction is amazing for dealing with anything like Unstoppable, Evade, Auto Block, a bunch of Node Abilities, you can Activate Overrun Mode for 3 Furies and Extra Offensive Power Gain, Sp2 has Incinerate which stacks well with the Furies and can deal with a few Nodes, and lastly if you time it well with the Taskmaster Synergy you can keep refreshing the duration of all your Furies but he doesn't require any Synergies unlike some Champions.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The only real problem I've ever had with him is going against those 75% or higher Armor Up Nodes that guarantee the Armor Up Buff, against regular fights with Armor Ups that randomly appear because of the Champion's Abilities or another Node's Abilities he can just stop them from activating but not against that Armor Up that appears at the start of the fight.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Took him up to 3/45 and having a blast.

Everything you guys said is dead on.

Would love to get him as a 6*.