The new Fantastic Four

mmmpunchmmmpunch Member Posts: 102
Many champions seem to be missing certain synergies with each other. However one team synergy that should technically be in the game is the new fantastic four.

In the comics, Spider-man, Ghost Rider, Hulk and Wolverine formed the new fantastic four. Old Champions such as Wolverine and Spider-man should have a revamp coming anytime soon which might include this synergy but who knows.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    why do wolverine and spiderman need a revamp
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

To be fair I don't know if he means just making a new Synergy or an actual rework because while both are feasible I know that I rework would not only update the synergies but also give them a much-needed Pi boost which would help bring them into the current meta.

However if the o p just means adding a synergy, that could still give them a nice little damage boost which is never not appreciated.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Wolverine is dependent on his bleeds, which makes him horrible in bleed immune match-ups + no incentive to use the specials. Spider-man is just a no-brainer.
  • ThehereticTheheretic Member Posts: 110
    FYI hulk was Joe Fixit and the wolverine was Patch who hasn't been introduced yet.
  • mmmpunchmmmpunch Member Posts: 102

Being one of the most skilled fighters in comic book history, wolverine is extremely underwhelming to play as. His animations are boring and basic compared to all of the newer champions, his regeneration is a gamble and can be extremely unreliable at times. His bleeds are subpar at best. He's missing his feral senses and berserker rage. The only thing he's good for is possibly NOT dying.

Spider-man (classic) also has basic and boring animations. Due to his spider sense being unpredictable, you never know when he'll evade in the middle of a combo and then get hit by everything else to then immediately die. Armor break doesn't stack and out of all debuffs...he does weakness? Spider-man is only usefully for getting hit and his Criticals landing.

Wolverine can be fixed by giving him a constant healing factor similar to Old Man Logan however keep the Random regeneration he has now. Reuse some slashing animations and that martial arts kick iron fist has. Debuffs such as bleed, poison, incarnate should end 25% faster. Champions that go invisible, wolverine should not be effected because due to his feral senses, he can tell where they are. And finally adding stacks of fury.

Spider-man can be vastly improved by pretty much copy and pasting Ghosts phasing ability. When dashing back, Spider-mans Spider-Sense will tingle that will allow him to evade all attacks. Even ghosts special moves, add some webs in there and they look exactly like Spider-man moves. Replace that special 2 with a cooler more Spider-like special that's just a reused Ghost Special and there you go. Spider-man's 3rd special is nothing special and COULD be changed. In fact reusing Stark Enhanced Spider-man's special 3 would be perfect for classic Spider-man. Spider-man should also have his own custom stun. In which his webs hold you in place. Depending on the size of the champion would determine the amount of time it takes for them to break the webbing.

In fact I think this should be it's own conversation
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,844 ★★★★★
    I wish we got more Gamora typed buffs nothing too big but still useful
  • mmmpunchmmmpunch Member Posts: 102
    Zuro said:

Do you have any ideas?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    The only problem I see with that is essentially most of the heroes in the game have joined a super team at some point. If you reflect one you have to reflect them all. Storm, black panther and she hulk were also in the fantastic four. Never mind characters that were avengers that aren’t avengers in this game.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,844 ★★★★★
    mmmpunch said:

Zuro said:

Do you have any ideas?
    I have a few in mind but it'll just get sent to the champion buff thread