**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fighting Dormammu

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
I can get through the majority of fights without taking a hit, but when I fight Dorm I play like total garbage. My gameplay reverts back to my beginner days.

My skill level is GoG Vol Zero Master 100% explored with virtually no revives, I'm far from consistent enough but have some reasonable skill.

Parries that work in all other battles fall apart vs Dorm, he hits me faster than I expect and it's a combo to the face. The second part of his heavy attack invariably connects at some point, I can't avoid it. He's got the long reach plus the very short delay leading to probably the most potent heavy in the game.

He seems to move on steroids. In other fights, when I dash back, I evade. With Dorm, he somehow overtakes me mid-dash and tags me during my dash, leading to another combo. No other champ does this to me.

His power bar shoots up so fast I'm invariably trying to bait him after my first combo, I then struggle to do so and end up backed into the corner. In fact, I'm usually trying to bait him when he already has 2 bars of power, he gains it so fast.

It's not just AQ, I've found I struggle with duels vs 5* R4 Dorms as well, I duel Dorm every day in an effort to improve vs him.

In comparison, I was able to beat Kang in Master using OG Vision without taking a single hit.

Am I alone in this, or is Dorm indeed a champ on steroids, everything tweaked to the max? Is there any tactic at all that gives consistent results? I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Comments

• Markr47Markr47 Posts: 2
    try spidey
  • Rynot916Rynot916 Posts: 30
    I had some difficulties fighting him at first as well. I found Magik worked very well. Hulk is also a very good option as you can chain stun him with his special 1, as can a 4* Ronan if you've completed RoL.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Try using capt. america
  • MalekithMalekith Posts: 29
    He doesn't dash he morphs. Atleast once a day I lose a champ after hitting his block and evading. He's there with me when I get to the end of the dash showing no animation of him dashing forward.