**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In my opinion, something is still off with the AI not being framed locked while receiving block hits

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
edited February 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
So, we all know about taking a special to the face while hitting the AI's block in the past. I believe this was because they are not being framed locked for a long enough amount of time when taking a blocked hit. I believe we are subjected to a longer recovery time when receiving a hit to our block than they are. Especially when facing a "high difficulty" AI. While the issue of them taking advantage of this via special attack has tapered off, I think their ability to input another action with almost zero delay after taking a blocked hit is still there. It seems like they have been instructed not to launch a special in this situation as a specific response to the complaints about that particular issue. However it doesn't seem like the root problem was fixed. They're still not being framed locked for long enough after receiving a hit to their block. Instead of throwing specials, they are now just throwing a light attack into combo. Essentially, still capitalizing on the advantage this tuning provides them, but in a different way. Let me know if this makes sense to anyone.

Comments

• Options
    Yes it makes sense. I disagree only with your conclusion that the AI has stopped throwing specials while taking blocked hits. I have had AI tossing specials while taking blocked hits for a year now, and as recently as last night. I don’t record them anymore because this has been a problem for so long and not terribly much has changed.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Yes it makes sense. I disagree only with your conclusion that the AI has stopped throwing specials while taking blocked hits. I have had AI tossing specials while taking blocked hits for a year now, and as recently as last night. I don’t record them anymore because this has been a problem for so long and not terribly much has changed.

Sorry for any confusion. I do think they still do that. I think in my personal experience it has just been reduced from what it was before, however it does still happen.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Yes - specials are still being thrown against certain characters more, e.g. Sentinel, OR, rarely Void.

Also, if by throwing a light you mean they are able to recover fast enough after a combo or a blocked hit to hit you before you can block or dex back... I have had this occassionally. I have also had issues with KM not being able to fire his L2 successfully after a 5 hit combo without being blocked in 6.3.
  • Options
    TipoTipo Posts: 113
    Domino is the worst. If u finish a combo w a medium she can start her own combo before u can back dash most of the time.
  • Options
    Tipo said:

Domino is the worst. If u finish a combo w a medium she can start her own combo before u can back dash most of the time.

Absolutely, most recently before starting this post she punished me hitting her block in war, but she has also punished my landed combos as well. For sure.