Options

DarkHawk unawakened, best way to use him?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Just pulled my first 6 star and low and behold, it was DarkHawk! I know he's best awakened, but he's still pretty solid unawakened too. But when he's unawakened, what's the best way to use him? This is on of the very few champs I have virtually no experience with,so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Just pulled my first 6 star and low and behold, it was DarkHawk! I know he's best awakened, but he's still pretty solid unawakened too. But when he's unawakened, what's the best way to use him? This is on of the very few champs I have virtually no experience with,so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Select him in a 3 champ arena team and fight like you would any other champ
  • Options
    Taste2Taste2 Posts: 3
    Well, mine is unawakened too and what I usually do is that I build to an SP3 to enter Null Mode (for higher damage) and then use a SP1 do inflict Shock damage.

Using the synergy with Night Thrasher is also very helpful since he starts the fight in a random mode.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,406 ★★★★★
    Congrats. He's a really solid champ. Better if you ever get him Awakened, but that may never happen!

Definitely add Night Thrasher or Moon Knight to the team - Darkhawk's modes are really important, and starting in Null mode gives you double damage until it fades out. Also either Ghost Rider or Punisher is an excellent synergy choice for additional Power Gain or Critical Rating.

Null mode is great for damage; Stealth mode can help you avoid a few hits; but it's mostly about dramatically reducing the opponents defensive Power Gain, which can be very handy if their Specials are tricky to avoid. So it's helpful if synergy helps you start in Stealth mode, too.

The one thing I do very differently with DH is to occasionally deliberately take hits to trigger his regeneration; which is nice to have, but tricky to make use of. If you're fighting an opponent with a multi-hit or otherwise low-damage SP1 (like War Machine, Joe Fixit, Loki), then you can drop block and take the last hit to put you in Shield mode, then use SP2 or SP3 to trigger a new mode, and a bit of regeneration. Then push them back to SP1 and repeat, if you like.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Congrats. He's a really solid champ. Better if you ever get him Awakened, but that may never happen!

Definitely add Night Thrasher or Moon Knight to the team - Darkhawk's modes are really important, and starting in Null mode gives you double damage until it fades out. Also either Ghost Rider or Punisher is an excellent synergy choice for additional Power Gain or Critical Rating.

Null mode is great for damage; Stealth mode can help you avoid a few hits; but it's mostly about dramatically reducing the opponents defensive Power Gain, which can be very handy if their Specials are tricky to avoid. So it's helpful if synergy helps you start in Stealth mode, too.

The one thing I do very differently with DH is to occasionally deliberately take hits to trigger his regeneration; which is nice to have, but tricky to make use of. If you're fighting an opponent with a multi-hit or otherwise low-damage SP1 (like War Machine, Joe Fixit, Loki), then you can drop block and take the last hit to put you in Shield mode, then use SP2 or SP3 to trigger a new mode, and a bit of regeneration. Then push them back to SP1 and repeat, if you like.

Great tips, thanks!
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    I thought I will never aweken my 5* void and 1m acorn event saved the day. Never say never keep grinding you will aweken him for sure
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Select him in a 3 champ arena team and fight like you would any other champ
    I would argue that darkhawk is a fairly good champ, he carried me through act3 and a fair bit of act 4 as a 3star, His null mode and regen are pretty decent
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Launch sp3 for null mode, then sp1 and if you need regen, sp2 is good
    overall, just fight normally, no special method really
  • Options
    Ragtime_1Ragtime_1 Posts: 5
    Darkhawk is great with MK/NT and Annihilhus as a trinity because it further adds to his damage and the other champs improve drastically as well. Add in a Ghost Rider and you have a really solid team.