**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Dexterity should give a passive buff....this is going to be ridiculous after this weekend

rwhackrwhack Member Posts: 1,058 ★★★
Evading hits is as big of a part of the game as parry, using combos, etc. This weekend Dorm will be everywhere later and it has not been addressed yet. There is no way evading a hit should be just like the slashed tires node you championed as going away to make AW better. Is this ever going to be addressed or is this just something that is going to stay broken? There is no good explanation for why evading getting hit should cause you to be damaged.

Comments

• Tman0971Tman0971 Member Posts: 354 ★★
    Agreed
  • Run477Run477 Member Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    We have had alliances solo our dormamu boss with magik. Power lock and intercept. It's obviously not easy (I can't do it), but it's possible.
  • Reformation_RyanReformation_Ryan Member Posts: 60
    Completely agree. Dexterity is a core concept to this game otherwise you take damage constantly unless you use Cap Americas. Why is this still like this Kabam??
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,963 ★★★★★
    This isn't a bug. Is working as intended.
  • rwhackrwhack Member Posts: 1,058 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    We have had alliances solo our dormamu boss with magik. Power lock and intercept. It's obviously not easy (I can't do it), but it's possible.

In tier 1 and tier 2 I have yet to see Dorm solo'd as a boss. Magik I have...AA owns her.
    edited August 2017
    You know what, it's not a "core concept." It's a mastery. You can turn it off if you choose and voila, no damage from dexterity buffs from dormamu. It just costs units. But you don't want to do that, which is fine and your choice--it's also much harder bc you don't realize those dex evades also avoid the physical hits.

That being said, it would be nice to not have dex buffs trigger dormamu sig ability. But calling it for it to be a "passive" buff is a little amusing. Usually, the complaint I see is that it shouldn't "expire" on multiple triggers. What you are seeking goes even beyond that.
  • Reformation_RyanReformation_Ryan Member Posts: 60
    Show me a consistent player or any top player in general that doesn't have a mastery point in dexterity @Run477.. at the least, it shouldn't expire on multiple triggers.
    Show me a consistent player or any top player in general that doesn't have a mastery point in dexterity @Run477.. at the least, it shouldn't expire on multiple triggers.

You're missing my point. I'm saying that you have the option of turning that mastery off. Regeneration is a "core" component of wolverine that you can't run off. I die to it also. It also sucks facing with mystic dispersion. I'm just trying to point out there is a way to not trigger dexterity buffs.
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    You can still fight dorm without triggering dexterity it is very difficult and not 100% consistent but possible. Shallow evades, parry dash backs paired with the right champs make dorm much more manageable to fight
    Run477 wrote: »

You're missing my point. I'm saying that you have the option of turning that mastery off. Regeneration is a "core" component of wolverine that you can't run off. I die to it also. It also sucks facing with mystic dispersion. I'm just trying to point out there is a way to not trigger dexterity buffs.

We've played with that...it is not a good idea. Evading is core to the game...just like blocking, etc. The sig of Dormammu should not be triggered when you evade. Making is a passive buff would eliminate the trigger of degeneration.
    Sungj wrote: »
    You can still fight dorm without triggering dexterity it is very difficult and not 100% consistent but possible. Shallow evades, parry dash backs paired with the right champs make dorm much more manageable to fight

This is true...but it isn't easy and it shouldn't be necessary. On a boss you will not be able to do that consistently enough to make the fight a good one.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Member Posts: 502
    An easy way of solving this is dexterity giving nothing besides evading hits. Why should evading hits give an atack buff?

Change this and mystic dispersion will no longer be an issue.
  • the6ththe6th Member Posts: 153
    Does dex can cause MD to kick in?
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Member Posts: 502
    An easy way of solving this is dexterity giving nothing besides evading hits. Why should evading hits give an atack buff?

Change this and mystic dispersion will no longer be an issue.

Nor dormamu sig ability will be an issue.

But it is very good most of the time. So I think we should not complain.
  • the6ththe6th Member Posts: 153
    Let dex work like evade, without buff just evade XD
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    rwhack wrote: »

This is true...but it isn't easy and it shouldn't be necessary. On a boss you will not be able to do that consistently enough to make the fight a good one.

Lots of champions are difficult to fight learning to play around them is just another part of this game, yes dorm is more difficult than most but if people can one shot him 4/55 with full MD as a war boss which can and has done many times a change isn't 100% necessary. I agree MD shouldn't interact with dexterity but at this point a lot of people including myself have learned to play around it so it isn't even really much of a challenge and the whining posts are so annoying I honestly rather they keep it the way it is so people who just complain and don't even bother take the time to grow their skills have to suffer. I'm not saying you're one of those people even though you are against it you actually seem somewhat open minded and less stubborn on the subject. I see MD like I see stun immunity both evade and parry are core mechanics but there are similar actions that are more difficult to perform but serve the same purpose (Intercepting=parry, Shallow evade = evade mastery)
    Sungj wrote: »
    rwhack wrote: »

Lots of champions are difficult to fight learning to play around them is just another part of this game, yes dorm is more difficult than most but if people can one shot him 4/55 with full MD as a war boss which can and has done many times a change isn't 100% necessary. I agree MD shouldn't interact with dexterity but at this point a lot of people including myself have learned to play around it so it isn't even really much of a challenge and the whining posts are so annoying I honestly rather they keep it the way it is so people who just complain and don't even bother take the time to grow their skills have to suffer. I'm not saying you're one of those people even though you are against it you actually seem somewhat open minded and less stubborn on the subject. I see MD like I see stun immunity both evade and parry are core mechanics but there are similar actions that are more difficult to perform but serve the same purpose (Intercepting=parry, Shallow evade = evade mastery)

This thread isn't about MD, but in regard to MD why is that 1 of 2 operational masteries? Collartech works...but the rest are not useful. They have given one class a huge advantage and talk about "balance". Instead of updating the other class masteries they are giving points for unique defenders. MD I don't pay attention to to be honest. I think the other class masteries need reworked. Collartech only blows because you need 15 points in defense.