**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What was your first experience of missing a champ in arena?

I know the title is a little confusing, but what I meant was your first time missing a champ in arena, or coming so close to winning them but barely missing out. I believe mine was back in 2015. Venom was the featured champ and I grinded hard over the weekend and put up as many points as I could, and missed out on him by a couple points. That was really discouraging, especially since I loved venom (didn’t know about tier lists and how bad he was) I just wanted the character. I remember quitting for a while because of how upsetting it was to me as a new player

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I remember back when i was in the intermediate bracket, i grinded up to like maybe 1.1 million in the 4* basic for Ronin, missed him by a bit, don't remember the cutoff
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The only one I’ve missed when I actually tried was a 4* Joe Fixit because I wanted easy shards and figured people wouldn’t grind much for him. Of course, this was like, two years ago, but whatever. Since then gotten every champ I’ve grinded for.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★
    Ive never missed a champion Ive gone for since I typically never grind high demand new champions and have only ever gone for a single 5* (Venom), but I did accidentally get a 4* Sabertooth from the basic arena by just hitting all the milestones...
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

That was a beautiful day in Edmonton. I missed 4* KK about 4 years ago in the basic crystal. I only had a couple 4* champs at the time and wanted more for the grind. Missed her by 200k. Then got electro 4* the following round.
  • Options
    Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    i was in beginner bracket, i made 190k & got my first ever champ from arena - 3* darkhawk... then i thought to go for 4* antman (basic) & did 245k - but got the last rank reward.... this pissed me off... obviously i did not know about arena score vary by tier back then....
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Back when Thing was in the basic arena, I went for 2.3 mil thinking that it was enough, since I didn't know how good he was. Then again, I tried to dupe my Human Torch and tried 2.5 mil, but he went for 2.7. I started going up to 3 mil after that.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I missed rogue when she was new by less than 10k points.
    I'd been grinding 3 days solid and with 1 hour to go I got a job at work that I had less than an hour to get to.
    1 more round would have done it but I couldn't get that last round in.