**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic dispersion and war

The more i read about the impending war changes and incoming 6* champions the more its apparent that mystic dispersion needs either majorly nerfed or gotten rid of. Its already a revive fest in war but now more and more dormammus come in then more and more players get pissed off at wars. If it was a case of skill and facing a wide variety of champs war would be awesome but thats living in a dream world. It's the most blatent cash grab now

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Mystic dispersion in top tier alliance wars is not cash grab levels of difficulty it has become more of an annoyance than anything. There are many ways to play around mystic dispersion like shallow evades, parry evades and many many champion counters. Even though a lot of people are going to be getting dormammus this week it wont' change AW much since dorm is only really good on miniboss, boss, stun immune and unblockable sp2 nodes where he already is super prominent. With the new AW changes and being able to see what class of champion you will be fighting it will be super easy to predict where dorm is going to be and if you bring in the right champions he along with mystic dispersion will not be that bad. Actual bugs in the game are the most blatant cash grabs right now not MD
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Please! MD make the wars totally boring and unfunny! Only a little rooster of heroes in defense and a "very little" rooster in attack! C'mon! If you want change the wars metagame MD must die.

Many time I ask something and I read tons of threads but kabam keep the silence. No interess to make war fun and various.
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Like said above a few times. Only thing I have an issue with is Dexterity triggering MD. Counting as a buff in Act 5 as well.
  • Please! MD make the wars totally boring and unfunny! Only a little rooster of heroes in defense and a "very little" rooster in attack! C'mon! If you want change the wars metagame MD must die.

Many time I ask something and I read tons of threads but kabam keep the silence. No interess to make war fun and various.

I never knew that wars were supposed to be "funny"
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    if they nerf MD I'll be pissed and want the units and loyalty spent back
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Changing dexterity's relationship with MD has been long overdue. They either need to stop feeding MD with multiple instances of dexterity or move the buff to rank 2. In any case this is beating a dead horse. Kabam has given the "working as intended" statement and you will receive no relief from this because they simply don't care. It's all about revenue and fixing that will be bad for business.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Op, please stop trolling, md is fine. Working as intended. It was also very expensive and I want to keep what I paid for, unlike with pure skill
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I almost soloed a 5* 4/55 boss magik with my 4* voodoo the other day. She had at least 4/5 MD. It's possible to play around but I agree it's annoying because it clearly makes mystic class leaps and bounds better than all other classes
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Op, please stop trolling, md is fine. Working as intended. It was also very expensive and I want to keep what I paid for, unlike with pure skill

I get that you paid for it, but you and everyone else will be paying more in the long run when going up against MD than you would from buying MD.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    THERE IS A REASON DORMAMMU IS NOT AWAKENED AS AQ BOSS

THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PUNISH AYERS FOR PLAYING GOOD
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    You get nothing from defender kills going forward with MD. I see no reason why anyone should be defending MD or its interaction with dexterity. In AQ and Chapter play MD works fine and I have not heard one person asking for MD to be nerfed because it's to powerful in those game nodes.

Now everyone should be on board for changing MD interaction with dexterity because it only hurts us now with the removal of defender kill points by causing both sides lopsided deaths that require more item purchases.
    Also I WILL not stop until expiring is a standardized mechanic

For Thanos' sake Hood should have near limitless regen

IM STILL FURIOUS I PAID A DEAL TO RANK HOOD TO 4/40 (almost 5/50 until I started paying attention to the actions and not the wording) AND THE WORDING LIED

If expiring doesn't mean the same thing does a lack of blood mean some champions should leak oil or tree sap or magical energy?
    DD2 wrote: »

I get that you paid for it, but you and everyone else will be paying more in the long run when going up against MD than you would from buying MD.

I already have, been playing in top 100 for a while, everybody has md5
    *already gone up against md5 magiks and dorms and juggs
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

IM STILL FURIOUS I PAID A DEAL TO RANK HOOD TO 4/40 (almost 5/50 until I started paying attention to the actions and not the wording) AND THE WORDING LIED

If expiring doesn't mean the same thing does a lack of blood mean some champions should leak oil or tree sap or magical energy?

Might be a good idea to know their limits before investing.
  • Mystic dispersion is Willpower all over again.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★

So an MD nerf would be good for your offense and unit stash, right?
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Might be a good idea to know their limits before investing.

You miss 90% of the point… expire sounds like it's a mechanic but apparently it's whatever the devs want it to be

Mordo has Anti-Ability Rediction BUT Evade reduction works like a charm but last I checked… EVADE WAS AN ABILITY!!!

Expire can be the number actually decreasing or refreshing a max stack

Spirit Venom is the same as poison… why? Technically an energy DoT that reduces Heal gain would make more… of a reason to make it special

Goblin is Tech because of his glider but Falcon is skill because of his wings?

Abominations attacks aren't considered "contact" but he still triggers electro shock?

Kabam NEEDS to make up its 1/15 of a mind
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    The question isn't play around Md or not. The problem is the "LITTLE ROOSTER"!!!
    I can't play for example whit Black Bolt (cruelty e fury buff make explode Md). Just a little example. I can't play at high level whit all heroes. I can't and this is for Md.
    nobody complain! I've Archangel and the hero for make easy mystic opponents. The spotlight is on the "possibility"!!! In this game dozen and dozen of heroes and I must play wars whit 4/5 heros and stop. THIS IS THE PROBLEM!
    If you remove Md on wars defense finally the rooster of EVERIBODY CAN BE BIG!
    Sure at 100% in this mode the wars begin be more funny and various!

Not hard to understand!
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Yes, Free the ROOSTER! Free range chickens for all!
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Dexterity doesn't trigger MD... The way you use it does. It's not hard to fight an opponent with MD without triggering your dexterity buffs. Practice makes perfect. Stop complaining about MD, its not even just a defensive ability. I exploit to power of MD on attack constantly and I spent an incredible amount of time and resources maxing it out. I'm going to be pissed if they nerf it. Stop complaining cause you don't know how to fight it... Seriously, theres a new post about this every day.

Dexterity expiration does trigger MD.. fallacious to say otherwise
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I don't have a problem with dexterity triggering MD, I have a problem with multiple evades refreshing dexterity that triggers MD. Evading multiple strikes re-triggers MD, that is lame and 99% of the problem with MD. MD mastery as constructed is fine don't touch it. just fix how dexterity is activated and refreshed.
    DD2 wrote: »

So an MD nerf would be good for your offense and unit stash, right?

Not if it makes my defense worse. I've learned to adjust and use the right champs
    Flag me if you want, I'm still free to express my opinion
  • RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    edited August 2017
    I think the game is imbalanced with mystic dispersion been the only of the 6 classes that is working propoerly and it interaction to dexterity makes it even more powerfull... other classes are ok like tech or cosmic supremacy etc but not has MD... kabam preach of making each class and champ useful but MD has done the opposite and they don't want to address it... so when kabam talks of balancing the game it's all sounds stupid to me....

Imagine iceman and wolvie, or Archangle having a class specific that is on the same level as MD... pure skill use to be the next best thing to MD but it has been broken for how long? With diminishing return etc...

Like many people I've learned to play around MD...

Kabam claim of wanting to balance the game? Try looking at each class and make each class specific masteries worth going after...

And to argue that a game only have one absolute dominant class is stupid... we should not be able to say mystic is the best class... rather the arguement amongst players should be well it hard to tell which class is the best... and I'm not talking about champ specific or dominance... I'm talking about class specific and their dominance...
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    My only issue with MD is that it makes war super boring seeing the same opponents over and over again. Anything to change up the the variety of defenders would be appreciated.