**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW node suggestions and class specific node boosts

SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
With the most recent announcement about AW changes it is clear kabam is responding to the player bases complaints about AW becoming too repetitive and stale but the announced changes won't be enough to make AW any more diverse or interesting. After talking about it with many players and reading the original post the AW diversity points will not impact alliance placement strategies . The new nodes are fine but making them for certain champion archetypes makes them near useless. No one places poison champions like abomination on enhanced poison nodes because players will just enter those fights with a poison immune champ. Tuning certain nodes for certain champions will make it too predictable and counterable for most champions and nodes. I think the best way to make AW new and interesting is to add completely new nodes and to make people use a more diverse groups of defenders either make the points for diversity much more substantial or add nodes that are boosted if certain classes or types of defenders are placed on them.

Quest nodes that should be added/integrated into War

Buffet or masochism with 100% increased attack and health and another smaller boost perhaps kinetic reactor or 45% armour

Power shield with plagued mind, outlast and 150% attack and health

Bane with limber and 100% attack and health

Unblockable finale with sp2 bias, outlast and 150% attack and health

New node ideas

Rage - for every 10 seconds the fight has gone by the defender's attack increases by 10 percent, paired with stun immunity and 100% attack and health

This node would promote skill based gameplay, you would have to be somewhat savvy at intercepting and not depend of baiting heavies or after a minute or so into the fight the opponent will be dealing a lot of block damage.

Agility- Every 15 hits the defender gains a 75% chance to evade special attacks and 15% chance to evade all basic attacks for 8 seconds, paired with 45% armor and 100% attack and health.

A part of skill based playing is the ability to play slowly for a long duration of time. This node will force you to play slowly or risk the chance of a evade then hit. It wouldn't make all defenders like spiderman since you can play in a way you never have to attack him with the evade chance up.

Confusion- Every 15 seconds the defender reduces the players ability accuracy by 10% and gives them a chance to miss their basic attacks by 1%, paired with strike back and 100% attack and health.

In contrast to agility this node would force you to play as aggressively as possible while also having to bait very well and time your specials properly. If you intercept well you won't have to worry about the ability accuracy reduction and the miss chance is so small it will only effect your gameplay if you let the fight go on for too long

Defender type boosts to existing nodes

All nodes have either a villain or hero node that will give you a 50% boost to attack and health if a hero is placed on a hero node and a villain is placed on a villain node.

Stun immune nodes - skill defenders on this node gain the ability to perform critical hits through block
- Science defenders on this node have a 25% chance to gain the heavy hitter ability on their heavy attacks

Strike back nodes - Science defenders on this node gain a 50% chance to evade specials
- Mutant defenders on this node get 50% increased power gain

Enhanced sp1 nodes - Tech defenders on this node gain 50% power gain
- Cosmic defenders on this node gain 10% attack every time they throw a special

Infinity blast nodes - Mystic defenders on this node increase the effectiveness of infinity blast
- Skill defenders on this node become stun immune

Bleed nodes - Tech defenders on this node inflict shock draining 10% health over 30 seconds
- Mystic defenders on this node inflict poison draining 100% health over 60 seconds

Poison nodes - Skill defenders on this node inflict bleed draining 100% health over 60 seconds
- Cosmic defenders on this node inflict incinerate draining 10% health over 30 seconds

Kinetic reactor nodes - Mutant defenders on this node gain 7% power when a debuff is placed on them
-Science defenders on this node gain a sp3 bias

Feel free to add more suggestions these are only few of my ideas, its just too much writing to put in one post. Let me know what you think and if kabam should add new nodes to AW

Comments

• Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I have a suggestion for the map itself.
    Since there will be more open spaces, how about chests or other pickup items along the path that you can collect upon beating the boss, win or lose? Nothing crazy, but chance at revive or potion would be a welcome addition by all I'm sure.
  • Options
    MillybearMillybear Posts: 113
    Why did somebody flagged this??? He just shared his great idea.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Millybear wrote: »

If this thread gets removed, I think I'm done with the forums here. Every thread can't be a "Thanks KABAM!!" thread.
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    I have a suggestion for the map itself.
    Since there will be more open spaces, how about chests or other pickup items along the path that you can collect upon beating the boss, win or lose? Nothing crazy, but chance at revive or potion would be a welcome addition by all I'm sure.

Not a bad idea another point I didn't mention was the rewards since they said they would be changing them but yeah this would be a cool way to make the rewards more interesting
  • Options
    Millybear wrote: »

Lol thanks, people just like to flag, it is a long post so I get people assuming I'm just going on some sort of rant and they didn't actually read it