**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Basic/Featured Champ to an Alliance Event

So we all know how boring it is to grind the arenas, in a pool of thousands and thousands of players hoping to get the featured or the basic champ. So why not make the basic/featured champ arenas into an alliance event where each alliance competes for either the basic or featured champ (choice to do one or the other, but not both).

The champ would be the final milestone and the brackets would be determined by the alliances total rating. So let's say, hypothetically, you're in an 8mil alliance, the cutoff would be 125m, that's roughly a little over 4m each person. I think your alliance mates would be more willing to grind out 4mil each player knowing that they would DEFINITELY get the champ, instead of doing it in the current setup and sitting back and hoping they make the cutoff, and then they miss the cutoff and it crushes their hopes and dreams and they vow never to do arenas again and post on forums how "unfair" the system is. :p

Of course, the cutoffs could be changed depending on the desirability of the champ, newer champs would be higher than the older ones. The milestones in between could be a mix of shards, gold, units, etc., as they are currently offered in the arena and increase as you hit the higher milestones.

Just an idea that I had while I'm here sitting at work, grinding arena. LOL

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It wouldn't change anything the people winning featured champs in arena are players in top alliances and people winning featured champs in AQ will be people in top alliances. Also milestones wouldn't work, kabam making different cut offs for different champions would be them admitted some champions are bad while some are good and the community would rage even more so all cut offs would have to be the same. Gwenpool and spidergwen being the same milestone reward is pretty absurd.
  • I don't think changing cutoffs for champs would necessarily mean a champ was good or bad, newer is worth more and older is worth less, just like a new car is worth more than a car that's 5 years old.

And the higher alliances would obviously have a higher cutoff since their rating is higher, but at least it would give everyone the chance at the basic or featured champ. And if your alliance is not active enough or not willing enough to do arena then it could also help in the recruiting department.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    They used to have 5v5 7-day alliance arenas when I started in June 2015.

They got rid of it probably because so many people did the individual arena rather then the alliance one, resulting in anger and hate and infighting in the alliances.

It truly was the dark times for alliances then.
  • I loved the alliance arena when it was out, that's how I got my 3* YJ. If I recall correctly it was during the time of Antman quests and you had to collect Pym canisters.....it only caused frustration and fighting because every alliance had some lazies who wanted the rewards but didn't want to participate.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    I loved the alliance arena when it was out, that's how I got my 3* YJ. If I recall correctly it was during the time of Antman quests and you had to collect Pym canisters.....it only caused frustration and fighting because every alliance had some lazies who wanted the rewards but didn't want to participate.

wow, Pym canisters, that brings back memories of when I first started :D had no idea wtf I was doing
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I loved the alliance arena when it was out, that's how I got my 3* YJ. If I recall correctly it was during the time of Antman quests and you had to collect Pym canisters.....it only caused frustration and fighting because every alliance had some lazies who wanted the rewards but didn't want to participate.

Those were the last alliance arenas. I think the had one for Magneto, Ultron and Cpt. America (Modern). Not sure if I remember correctly or if there were more.

Also does anyone remember the Ultron quest? I think for full completion in the final quest you had to go 15 times or something. I remember the map being enormous to what it is now.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Yeah the Ultron quest was long,but The Alliance event was a pain because some did more than others for the Yellowjacket,then a few weeks later they gave them away like candy.
  • Lol new isn't always better than old, I'd take wolverine over carnage any day
  • I love this idea and it popped into my head yesterday, that is crazy! I'd like to add a thought, something that maybe could happen down the road.. 4* featured/ 5* featured and 5* basic.. 4* are pretty much going to become 3* so why not make things more enticing, it is hard enough for some to get 5* heroes anyways but if you put them in arena then people would have a better chance or as you put it the whole alliance. This would be epic!