**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I stared into the abyss, and got dry eyes.

Here is an overview of my experience in the Abyss.

Total time: About 10 hours from entering to completion. (This included about 15-20 minute union mandated breaks every 2 hours)

Total resources (estimate): about 6000 units, 45~ish level 1 revives (thanks lunar event!), 120~ish level 3 potions, and an overflow of level 1 & 2 potions that didn't make much of a difference anyway.

Path taken: Followed Seatin's Path (Deemed "Easy path" or "Path 1")

Team utilized:
5/65 Doom 50/200
5/65 Aegon 72/200
5/65 Fury 200/200
5/65 Blade 200/200
5/65 Quake (unawakened)

I don't have a ranked void, nor do I even have a CAIW, HT, or many other mystic-counters, so I did the best I could between Doom & Blade to take care of the mystic champs on the path. Also, Aegon was only recently pulled about a month back, hence the lower signature level. The lower signature level isn't *too* big of a game-changer, but likely would have saved on resources in the beginning to get ramped up faster.

Also swapped out my mastery, usually run suicides but took them off and ran a similar setup to Seatin's mastery video from the other day, but instead of 4 points in MD I was only able to put 2, and I maxed out limber (seriously saved me a good handful of times)

My key notes/takeaways:

General:
I accounted for the fights, matchups, but didnt account for poor RNG. once aegon was up high enough, the abyss evade wasn't a big deal, but for those 5 cosmic defenders, i probably spent an extra 20-30 revives solely on an evade then get punished. (almost always happened after doom L3, then the combo to an L1) somewhere in there they'd evade and still be at 3 bars of power because i wasn't able to drain it in time.
On the upside, if the defender is being a pain to bait a special, when the timer ticks down and you see the "fight me" text on the screen, they will almost always then throw their special.

Individual fights:

Thing:
Pretty straight-forward fight with Aegon, trying to build up that combo meter. I'll definitely get Aegon to 200/200 before returning to the abyss and make this a little quicker and easier, as at 72/200 nets about 50% combo carry over. This was my second attempt at any abyss fight, and was both practice and getting used to all of the charges. With thing, this is a tough fight to "get adjusted to the abyss" as you have the abyss charges stack to track, try to keep your combo shield up, and deal with rock stacks.

Omega Red:
This fight went faster and smoother than Thing. Used Aegon. Typical OR fight, bait out his L1's. Pro-tip using Aegon: stick to his L1's, but if OR is backed into the corner, do a 4-hit combo, dodge back THEN fire of the L1 - I noticed a 6 hit combo + L1 in the corner would often push me to 10 death spore stacks and those tick for an insane amount of damage.

Quake:
If you are good at dodging Quakes L1, this fight is one of the easier fights. Stick with Aegon and keep triggering those crits to keep her earthquake meter at zero

Medusa:
Finally a break for Aegon. Used Doom and only took 3 revives to finish her off using his rotations. Just need to make sure you keep stagger up most of the fight and you're gold.

Mephisto:
*Enter Blade*: having max sig blade really helped regen through his aura, and often kept him from triggering some abilities thankfully. Still took a few revives but luckily he doesn't have his regen otherwise this fight would have been a nightmare.

CMM:
This fight was moderately nightmare-ish. Need a champ that nullifies, so used Doom. I didnt want to waste more units to "adjusting masteries" but might be beneficial to remove MD for this fight, as you take mass amounts of damage if you are above 1.5 bars of power, and with doom + MD + his abilities + the power gain both champs get + you stealing CMM's power gain.... Power is coming faster than you can possibly dump L1s. On the plus side, doom's L1's are unblockable so that helps, a little. This fight might be worth dumping a few potions on in case you end up above 1.5 bars of power you have an extra second or two to dump your power before you die

Ghost:
Aegon fight. Pretty simple, you'll never really get to use a special, as every 10 hits gives the opponent all of your power. Luckily ghost's specials are easy to bait and avoid. So its a lot of dancing back and forth but much easier than the previous fight.

IMIW:
Much like ghost, every 10 hits you are giving all of your power to IMIW, which isnt a big deal until he is under 15% HP, then it becomes ridiculous with how quick he is spamming his L1's and occasional L2's. Its a standard fight with IMIW otherwise, just make sure you are on-point with evading his special attacks. Used aegon here.

Joe "THE HEART RNG" Fixit:
Used Aegon. After the first fight got him down to about 88% hp or so, then went back in, he rolled 3 hearts, about 7 times in a row. When he rolls hearts, just quit out. You're not going to be able to outdamage that regen. Pro-tip: If you have someone that can heal block or reverse, this fight would have probably gone easier, but it was a serious wasted dump of revives hoping that RNG didnt give him crazy amounts of regen. Otherwise pretty straightforward fight. If you are able to, push him to an L2 to evade over taking block damage off the L1. Also you'll need to spam a lot of heavy attacks and L3's to keep buffs off him and debuffs off you. (Not a huge deal here)

Mordo:
Used Doom, but tried a couple other champs here too. Had the most success with doom. Just remember that mordo can block unblockable specials and stick to your rotations. Once you are good with the L1, L3, L1, L3 rotation the fight comes pretty easy.

VTD:
Straightforward VTD fight, pretty easy with doom and MD mastery. Just make sure you have a stagger up before his venom counter gets to 100, if it does and he gets regen and you dont have an L1 to readily nullify it, quit out and come back. His regen is too powerful to outdamage.

Howard the duck:
Used aegon again. he starts with a stack (30 i think) of indestructible charges. To remove a charge you need to hit heavy or a crit. For Aegon, most of his attacks at this point should be crits, so heavy attacks should remove 5-6 charges easily. Bait out the L1's so you aren't taking L2 block damage. Also, I don't believe I had ever noticed him "Processing", so no parries necessary to stop regen or shock damage on you.

Hyperion & The Champion:
Paired these two because it was pretty much an identical fight with Doom. Keep staggers up and wreck them. Pretty easy fights with him. Just long.

Red Cyclops:
Aegon fight. This one was weird, and its a simple concept. Every 10 seconds Cyclops gains 1 bar of power, and doesnt gain power in any other means. Keep in mind class disadvantage means he gains extra power so after so many cycles he'll end up at 2 bars of power. His first L1 you parry, the next L1 you dodge, the next L1 you parry, then dodge, etc. However, I didn't record it but I suspect there is a bug as the L1's you need to parry were still doing roughly 18-22% damage through my block. I would parry, you would see it says "Parry" and the first two ticks say "0" "0" then the third tick would hit around 6k, even though the node itself says that the parry block would carry through. Ended up using a mess of revives here because of this.

Loki:
Aegon fight. Was simple, the deal here is just dont use your specials. If you are at 0 power for 4 seconds you take a mass amount of damage. Standing near loki will drain your power, but with aegon and hitting through blocks I didnt have an issue staying above it. the only time I hit a special is when i was near the next bar of power so I would be safe and not be at 0 power.

Aegon:
Used Aegon. One of the easier fights, he just dropes your offensive AAR to zero. He doesnt have persistent charges either so when you die to him he doesnt carry over his combo. Just remember to wait for openings and minimize block damage (as he'll probably almost always be close to 6 stacks of fury and that block damage can be rough)

Invisible Woman:
Used Nick Fury. By this time I was pretty tired. Fury's decoy was already destroyed so a 40% revive would automatically put him into degen (luckily its a slow degen being max signature level) so I also put a couple of potions on him to "buy more time" and to be able to trigger to L1's with the power sting, which seems to have an uptime of about 90%. Once you have those tactical charges along with max deep wounds and internal bleeding rolling, after that forcefield is dropped the fight is pretty straightforward. Just make sure you can dex her specials, otherwise they'll hurt

Cull Obsidian:
Used doom. Probably the easiest fight of the abyss (thankfully) because at this point you'll be tired and just trying to push to get done. Nothing real special about this fight, except everytime you nullify one of his buffs, he loses 1% hp which was doing insane like 50k+ damage. Pro-tip: His combo shield off his L1 is 10 stacks. A few doom's L1's nullify this, feed you more power and drop his health over 10% at a time.

Collector:
At this point I had some team revives that I used to tinker around to see how well other champs did. Pretty much the most effective play here was Aegon. Start the fight holding your heavy attack (even before it says "FIGHT") leaves you open. I would say about 50% of the time he'd run into you and you'd get a serious stack of furies you can use to punish him quickly. I expected to use far more revives on this fight than I did. Couple suggestions that worked well for me:
> Push him to an L2 and block through it to where he drops down then dex out of it (use a couple potions so you can do this a couple times)
> Keep those furies up if possible
> Blitz this dude
> Dont try to dex his L1, you're going to have a bad time (made this mistake a couple times naturally as its instinctive)
Also, I noticed that his abilities I believe said he gets unstoppable under 25% but it started happening at the 40% mark. Just note that the unstoppable part comes early for some reason

Finally, its after 1AM, I gotta be to work in 5 hours. Lets rip open these rewards and see what I get for my stash of items and nearly 2 odin's worth of units:
6* OG Guillotine
6* OG Daredevil

-_- ugh

Got a 6* Science AG and a t5CC mystic as well. Mystic could go on SS, but might hold off to see if I can't possibly get BWCV or Doom sometime. For the Science AG, could use on VOID, or hold for the elusive CAIW that I dont even have as a 5*.

Hopefully this guide can help someone out there do their initial completion. As for me, it's going to be a while before I attempt a second pass. Going to wait until I can stock up more than 6k units to ensure success as mentioned above, RNG was not in my favor and I believe I discovered a couple of bugs along the way.