**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

how to beat Iceman??

i have never encountered with this champ before and today he took **** out of me in AW and i wasnt able to understand his moves... any link or way to beat this jerk??

Comments

• Options
    VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    Getting rid of his ice armor is the 1st step
  • Options
    MetalcoreSamMetalcoreSam Posts: 7
    how to do that ? he does not even stun
  • Options
    VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    Stun him and prepare for him to come unstunned, then have at him. When is ice armor comes around stun him again to get rid of it
  • Options
    that looks tricky ... i will try it ... i have to find iceman for practice .... thanks pal :)
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    stun him first but don't attack, then try to stun again. Sp1 is easy enough to dodge, sp2 need a bit more practice.
  • Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Don't get hit
  • Options
    that looks tricky ... i will try it ... i have to find iceman for practice .... thanks friends :)
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    To fight icey on stun immune; keep your sp at 1.5 bars...get a 5 hit combo and fire sp1 to remove the ice armor..then within 12 seconds u need to do another 5 hit combo and fire another sp1 for him to take full damage as the ice armor is still forming and isn't there to protect him..Icey's biggest problem isn't coldsnap or frostbite, but ice armor,

Or you can just use nullifiers like SW (base-hit on crit), magik (sp1), dormammu (sp1), ds (signature to remove ice armor)..
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Heisenberg says this is how you beat Iceman.tge4n2owhsgt.jpg
  • Options
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Heisenberg says this is how you beat Iceman.tge4n2owhsgt.jpg

Damn true :P
  • Options
    the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    Even iceman is affected by coldsnap
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    the6th wrote: »

AV shrugs off coldsnap pretty well.
  • Options
    Lfer58Lfer58 Posts: 65
    As soon as his ice armor is of you pretty much fine
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Duel me for practice, same ign as username shown here... :). Be sure to evade L1's or block if you have to. Heavies do extra damage if you;ve been getting hit. What earlier guys said about the ice armor, it eats a stun and limits max damage to 5%. Need to parry and get it out of the way first.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    wray1976 wrote: »
    the6th wrote: »

AV shrugs off coldsnap pretty well.

Is he the only one that can drop the instant debuff at start of fight? I've seen other pop ups saying Resist at start but idk if that was for him or not.
  • Options
    GamezoneGamezone Posts: 5
    AV stands for...???
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    AV is agent venom. Other good debuff shruggers are rogue (70% reduced duration), king groot (at the cost of 1 fury), kingpin (50% chance to convert to rage), groot (55% reduced duration). Other good iceman counters are sabretooth (immune to coldsnap), mephisto (also immune I believe), and bishop (energy damage resistance). I guess dr voodoo, mordo, and Morningstar could also be considered (energy resistance)
  • Options
    elan0418elan0418 Posts: 53
    i have never encountered with this champ before and today he took **** out of me in AW and i wasnt able to understand his moves... any link or way to beat this jerk??

Iceman starts the fight with an Ice Armor. When you parry him, his ice armor will break but he will not be stunned. If you try to play him like other champs after parry, he will wreck you. To get a successful parry, parry him again, he will be stunned on the second parry. Then you carry on the fight as usual evading his SP's.

Once you break the ice armor, you will see a 30 second timer running above him. Once it completes, he forms ice armor again. Then you have to parry twice and break his armor. I believe critical hits and SP's from your champs can break his armor too.

While the ice armor is active, he takes only 5 percent as max damage. So if you do a SP3, be sure that his ice armor is not active.

Bait the SP1 as much as possible. SP2 is difficult to evade. SP3 activates ice armor permanently. So better bait SP1 by Either evading or blocking the SP1.

A duped Iceman will start with cold snap which will deal a % of damage on most of the champs. Certain champs mentioned in other replies can either shrug or completely avoid cold snap.

Practice against him in duels to get better against him.

Always read the champs abilities to understand what the champ can do rather than just going in and getting wrecked.
  • Options
    CeramicaCeramica Posts: 3
    His sp3 doesn't activate coldsnap permanently. It just reapplies it like normal and it can be removed. I personally think his sp1 can be quite tricky for new players and catch them out. The sp2 can also be hard if you don't know how to time it. He's not mega frustrating to fight like some champs though. Just takes a bit of practice.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,178 ★★★★★
    elan0418 wrote: »

Iceman starts the fight with an Ice Armor. When you parry him, his ice armor will break but he will not be stunned. If you try to play him like other champs after parry, he will wreck you. To get a successful parry, parry him again, he will be stunned on the second parry. Then you carry on the fight as usual evading his SP's.

Once you break the ice armor, you will see a 30 second timer running above him. Once it completes, he forms ice armor again. Then you have to parry twice and break his armor. I believe critical hits and SP's from your champs can break his armor too.

While the ice armor is active, he takes only 5 percent as max damage. So if you do a SP3, be sure that his ice armor is not active.

Bait the SP1 as much as possible. SP2 is difficult to evade. SP3 activates ice armor permanently. So better bait SP1 by Either evading or blocking the SP1.

A duped Iceman will start with cold snap which will deal a % of damage on most of the champs. Certain champs mentioned in other replies can either shrug or completely avoid cold snap.

Practice against him in duels to get better against him.

Always read the champs abilities to understand what the champ can do rather than just going in and getting wrecked.
    it Not 30 sek it is 15 undups dups it 12 sek. And sp3 reform. The ICEamro

• Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    I push him to SP2 because I find it easier to evade. I tend to evade the SP1 a little too early... Good comments on here about getting rid of the ice armor and evading the immediate heavy after that then fight as normal.