**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on 5* Void?

I just opened up a 5 star Void from basic. I know hes got to be duped and I know hes incinerate immune but is he still worth taking up unawakened? Thanks for the help all

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Got him on my 2nd acct .. he's my top champ there .. unduped ... very good, despite not awakened ...

He's a patient champ ... you just take your time and play careful and slow .. let the debuffs do their work.

And the incinerate immune comes in really handy as well ;)
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    dot_ditto said:

Got him on my 2nd acct .. he's my top champ there .. unduped ... very good, despite not awakened ...

He's a patient champ ... you just take your time and play careful and slow .. let the debuffs do their work.

So literally just sit back, parry and let the debuffs happen? IM a brand new Void user so i have no idea lol
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would say leave him at r2 until you dupe him, then he is r4 worthy and maybe r5 if you fall in love with him

I would say leave him at r2 until you dupe him, then he is r4 worthy and maybe r5 if you fall in love with him

Perfect thank you
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    He has all the utility unduped, but all the damage and even more utility duped.
    PsyLife said:

He has all the utility unduped, but all the damage and even more utility duped.

So can be used in Act 5/6? And other game modes?

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    With champs like warlock that passively heal block and champs with power control/steal , Void seems to be strongly getting powercrept
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    I duped mine naturally but left him at r1 , just dont see much use in him. Maybe if it was a long fight or my warlock was in aq
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    GagoH said:

With champs like warlock that passively heal block and champs with power control/steal , Void seems to be strongly getting powercrept

Well, that happens to all champions. You play with the champions you have, not the ones you might get someday: I might choose not to rank up Void if I already had Warlock ranked up, like you. But I wouldn't keep him un-ranked just on the off-chance I pulled Warlock some day; which might never come.

Void is holding up pretty well, I'd say. Warlock still needs to hit his opponents. Void can literally dance around on the other side of the screen and let his opponent slowly melt. He's a really solid champ, part of good synergy teams, and definitely worth R2; or higher if you can put him alongside Killmonger and friends.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited February 2020

dot_ditto said:

So literally just sit back, parry and let the debuffs happen? IM a brand new Void user so i have no idea lol
    mostly, yeah ... you like long fights .. you like defensive opponents who turtle up in the corner .. you have no rush to start anything with void. (however, certain matchups, of course, demand more aggression .. ie AQ, AW, Hyperion, etc)

but yeah, the basic strategy is sit and wait .. then counter attack whatever the opponent does . if the AI is passive and just sit there .. that's a bonus for you .. just wait him out .. ;)

Obviously take the combos/hits you can when they're provided .. however, I find him a pretty easy champ to use ...

[edit]
    nice bonus - Void handles Mojo very nicely, btw .. ;)
    class advantage, plus no need to actual strike him = good news vs Mojo .. LOL
    [/edit]
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Void is amazing duped. I would r3 him unduped and get to know him. I r5 mine and use him all the time in Act 6. He still causes constant damage in lifecycle nodes because he is doing direct damage, not DOT. Makes those fights much better. And they never regenerate so they are easy to finish off.
    Bonus, he has one of highest health pools in game - with KM synergy he constantly regenerates. I used him for my first low item use LOL run.
    gforcefan said:

Void is amazing duped. I would r3 him unduped and get to know him. I r5 mine and use him all the time in Act 6. He still causes constant damage in lifecycle nodes because he is doing direct damage, not DOT. Makes those fights much better. And they never regenerate so they are easy to finish off.
    Bonus, he has one of highest health pools in game - with KM synergy he constantly regenerates. I used him for my first low item use LOL run.

Thats really great to know. Didnt know he had a large health pool. Going to stack up the iso, gold and resources for him since im currently hurting for that but i greatly appreciate that outlook
    dot_ditto said:

dot_ditto said:

mostly, yeah ... you like long fights .. you like defensive opponents who turtle up in the corner .. you have no rush to start anything with void. (however, certain matchups, of course, demand more aggression .. ie AQ, AW, Hyperion, etc)

but yeah, the basic strategy is sit and wait .. then counter attack whatever the opponent does . if the AI is passive and just sit there .. that's a bonus for you .. just wait him out .. ;)

Obviously take the combos/hits you can when they're provided .. however, I find him a pretty easy champ to use ...

[edit]
    nice bonus - Void handles Mojo very nicely, btw .. ;)
    class advantage, plus no need to actual strike him = good news vs Mojo .. LOL
    [/edit]
    @dot_ditto Appreciate it!

GagoH said:

Well, that happens to all champions. You play with the champions you have, not the ones you might get someday: I might choose not to rank up Void if I already had Warlock ranked up, like you. But I wouldn't keep him un-ranked just on the off-chance I pulled Warlock some day; which might never come.

Void is holding up pretty well, I'd say. Warlock still needs to hit his opponents. Void can literally dance around on the other side of the screen and let his opponent slowly melt. He's a really solid champ, part of good synergy teams, and definitely worth R2; or higher if you can put him alongside Killmonger and friends.
    Still no KM for me so i dont have that synergy :(