**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's discuss Masteries being FREE (Again!)

After a week of playing with masteries being free, I have come to REALLY appreciate how fundamental this aspect of the game is - and yet underutilized (at least in my own playing experience) due to the paywall.

I believe that once the initial investment of getting them unlocked by summoners has been made, switching masteries should be COMPLETELY FREE.

This past week has been SO ENJOYABLE as masteries were an integral AND dynamic part of my play strategy - instead of the CHORE / PAIN that it usually is!

To be able to freely experiment with, and adapt mastery setups according to play mode would tremendously add to the FUN FACTOR of playing MCOC.

So Kabam, please consider making the MOST, BESTEST* PRO PLAYER MOVE by making switching masteries free.

Please.

Pretty please?

(* I know that's not a word :smile: )

Comments

• Options
    AlaBillAlaBill Posts: 15
    I purchased the Summoner's Sigil and now think it is probably not worth the $10 per month, but I would certainly continue Sigil if free masteries was part of the deal.

I agree that free masteries this week has been great. I have learned a lot about the game and played it much more than normal with this feature.
  • Options

Oooh I didn't not think about that @AlaBill - that's a great way to incentivize the Sigil! I would even be willing to pay a little more if free masteries was included! Good thinking!
  • Options
    If we could combine free mastery changes along with preset mastery setups this could become the reason to buy Sigil. I think the vast majority of longer term players would embrace this concept.

How about it Kabam, can we get a note that you have read this and will take it to the team?
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Dorky Diggity Dave interviewed developer staff last week (maybe 2 weeks ago). In that interview, the devs stated that they were working on a load out system for masteries that was "probably a few months out"
    Of course nothing is guaranteed, but it sounds like they are working on a solution to this scenario.

I highly recommend watching that interview, lots of interesting questions were answered.
    @DorkLessons
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    Its pretty lame that my "cavalier" level sigil has premium shards and greater solo crystal shards in the weekly test of the cavalier solo event, i mean are u joking? Who designs this stuff.... Should at the very least be grandmaster shards and some t2a in place of premium and greater solo shards. And with the masteries i agree, ive been saying forever how with the small fortune i spent on unlocking all my masteries that its a damn shame that i really only use one setup bc i dont want to spend 100+ units to switch them.
  • Options
    @Stewman I did watch and it was informative - and yes, the masteries load out / presets or whatever it ends up being called is a welcomed development. I do wish Kabam will consider some iteration of switching masteries for free as well... I REALLY dig @AlaBill ’s idea on this.
  • Options
    The upside for Kabam is that with free mastery moves it makes the game more engaging and I have actually played me when masteries are free. I have tried arena full suicides, War settings, and a total defense set for attacking hard content. It has actually made the game much more fun.
  • Options
    Dion3Dion3 Posts: 10
    I wished this change could be always implanted.
    To be honest , I never really understood why they aren't always free.
    We have to unlock some masteries with cores for example.
    I have tried several different setups , some I wouldn't even have considered and I was able to have fun with it, due to it being free this week.
    It could also help with strategies.
    Yet another way to optimise your team for certain content.
    Normally we have to pay hundreds of units to alternate between set ups and I get why many people just opt for an all-round set up then, so that they can stay clear from changing it to save units altogether.
    I really hope the game team could look into making masteries free of charge for changes @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Dion3 said:

I get why many people just opt for an all-round set up then, so that they can stay clear from changing it to save units altogether.

That is precisely my experience - and I suspect that of many other summoners! Being able to change masteries at will in order to tailor them to game mode should be the point of having masteries in the first place.
    However the paywall gets in the way of that, and in turn, gameplay isn’t being optimized, both in terms of both strategy and enjoyment.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    A 'Mastery Page' might work. It's like you can switch between mastery setups for each game mode you're about to go into (Arena, Quest, AQ/AQ). Then you UNLOCK Mastery Pages with units. (Like 1,000 units each).
  • Options
    iLongoiLongo Posts: 6
    We all know that Kabam will look out for it's own wallet before adding QOL (Quality of Life) changes for the players. It sounds like they are already working on something with masteries but I have an idea that might solve both issues.

Simple allow the players 3 presets. Each Summoner can choose to setup each preset for lets say 100 Units or whatever the normal cost is to get that mastery build the way you want it. You can do that up to 3 presets and can swap back and forth between those 3 as many times as you like.

If you would like to to change one of those presets, then you would have to pay to redo the setup. Problem solved!

Get IT DONE!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • Options
    @iLongo I’m far from being doe-eyed and fully understand the corporate aspect of all this.

However I do not wish to fall prey to cynicism, and will therefore hold out hope that someone at Kabam is reading this and finding some merits in the perspectives that are shared.

I do appreciate the creativity of your proposal - although I do find it quite restrictive when compared to the current freedom we have until the 26...