**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 6* Sunspot worth r3

Hello, guys! I've recently cleared the AOL and got Sunspot and Juggernaut (lol) from the crystals. I also got mutants t5 catalyst.
Do you think it's worth ranking an undupped Sunspot up to t3 or should I wait something better like Domino, Havok, Emma frost?
The problem is all I get from 6* crystals is a complete garbage like dupped cap 2nd ww, champion of the universe, juggernaut, superior iron man, nightcrawler, etc.
What is your opinion about this boy, guys?
The main problem for me is he's useless in lots of nodes and match-ups (like stun immune, negative effects immune, stun duration decreasing nodes, champions with incinerate immune and so on).
So if I'm only gonna use him to kill easy nodes and champions, why would I rank him up?
Or maybe I'm missing something and underestimating him?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I personally wouldn’t, he has prestige, but needs the dupe, in terms of viability, yes he’s an amazing champ even unduped, but at the same time he’s good at punching up, my 5-65 duped has a reach of about 450k with average rng, which is good enough for all act 6 stuff
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    he's more then good enough.. u should go for it. i got mystic t5c and all i have is Loki,jane foster and Diablo!! and all i can get is mostly
    useless(i'd even take Hood to rank 3 if i could get him ) for atleast 6months to 1 year depending on when i can get,doom or Longshot.!! i was hoping for any class other then mystic but 😭 mystic has absolutely No rank 3 worth currently in basic 6*! BWcv or manthing in future (dont like their playstyle but beggers cant be choosers) and i got no MD or Suicide masteries so those two wont perform as well!! SS i have at rank 5,so 6* serves No purpose,jane foster,Loki, or Diablo are way Beyond Trash they dont have anything in game at all!! mephisto ,dormamu,Ironfist,juggernaut,guillotine,Mordo and Ebony Maw these r my options 😂😂! i have 9 cosmic 6* champs and i would take even NOVA to Rank 3 since he has to get rebalance,his numbers r beyond 2016 and is in redskull territory for damage!
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    It’s a common misconception that Sunspot NEEDS to be able to stun in order to be a great champion. The truth is that he needs to be able to stun in order to get to 5+ flare charges which is where he does the ridiculous amount of damage (350k+ sp2) that every one goes crazy over but most of the time 3 flare charges is plenty (100k+ sp2) which he can get to even in stun immune matchups without losing his solar charges. I have mine at 5/65 and use him for all kinds of nodes.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Sunspot doesnt need the dupe. Would probably r3 him. Hes really good. If the choice was between him and Domino, I would r3 her. Otherwise, personally, I would take him to r3. Great damage output, cool playstyle and incinerate immune.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sunspot is excellent, especially if you run map 7. I'd R3 him in a heartbeat duped or not. Really not sure why so many claim he NEEDS his sig. Outside RoL sized healthpools, everything is dead after a sp2 with 3 flare state just about
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Agree with most comments. He is a beast even as a 6* R2 unduped.
  • Options
    Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 95
    Thank you, guys, your comments will help me to take a decision!
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    You’re lucky, 6* Sunspot more than made it up for the 6* Juggernaut.

As you know Sunspot has prestige and is a good damage champion.. the first r3 6* in MCoC.. you need to learn Sunspot all the intricacies of his abilities and maximize attack damage.

Congratulations Sinedd92.
  • Options
    Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 95
    psp742 said:

You’re lucky, 6* Sunspot more than made it up for the 6* Juggernaut.

As you know Sunspot has prestige and is a good damage champion.. the first r3 6* in MCoC.. you need to learn Sunspot all the intricacies of his abilities and maximize attack damage.

Congratulations Sinedd92.

Thank you! I can't say I wanna rank him up for prestige, I'd do it only for his utility
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I like Sunspot even thru my champ is 5* unawakened. I'd do so if I have 6* and sufficient resources.