**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu Imbued Sp2 bug

Hiu3bossHiu3boss Posts: 40
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
After gaining 100 dark spirits energy from medium attack power drain, I launched sp2 immediately after medium but doesnt give the imbued sp2 power drain.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    There is a lag between the moment you gain that 100th spirit energy and the moment the game registers that you activate the imbued state as indicated by the purple icon with numbers becoming a green icon. So if you use the sp2 while its still in the purple number icon state the imbued effect wont activate. Rather than it being a bug its the game's lack of efficiency in recognising events IMO
  • Hiu3bossHiu3boss Posts: 40
    No even after the green it still doesnt power drain
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    you can't use the imbued effect if you reach 100 energy while chaining a combo into a special, even if you see the green text and icon, you have to complete the combo, do something else like blocking or dashing and then use the special ^_^ i think this is to prevent problems with his second medium changing effect when your dark energy is at max, but i may be wrong... i just know that you have to wait ^_^
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Hiu3boss said:

No even after the green it still doesnt power drain

@Championcritic is correct. There's a delay that the player must account for.

For example. Let's say you have 90 Energy. You attack with MLLLM and chain into an L2. The second medium attack will push you to 100 energy, but there is not enough lag time for it to take effect if you plan to chain the L2. This means the L2 will power lock the enemy, but it won't power drain.

However, in the same scenario, if you do an MLLLM and then reset. Now you're at 100 energy/green icon. Now go for MLLLM chained into an L2. It'll work now because you've allowed enough time for the Imbue icon to take effect.

It's a weird lag interaction, but it's been around since Dormammu was released.
    @Mirage_Turtle If you use a MLLLM combo while at max Dark Energy you consume the imbued effect on the last hit, resulting in the SP2 power locking only: if you want to chain a combo into a special and keep the energy you need to end with a light attack ^_^

@Mirage_Turtle If you use a MLLLM combo while at max Dark Energy you consume the imbued effect on the last hit, resulting in the SP2 power locking only: if you want to chain a combo into a special and keep the energy you need to end with a light attack ^_^

You'd think so, but that's not the case. It seems the lag works both ways...both taking effect and getting consumed.

If you are Imbued and you do MLLLM chained to an L2, your second Medium will be imbued and Power Burn and your L2 will also be imbued and Power Burn and Power Lock. I just tried it on a duel. It worked like a charm.
    If people are curious, I'll try to upload a video tonight. However, it's very easy to do and I'd encourage anyone who doubts it to test it themselves.

I'm one of the seemingly few Dormammu fans out there. I used him extensively as a 4* to get through Act 5. Now I have a rank 5 5*. His biggest drawback for me is his terrible block proficiency (same rating as Cull Obsidian).

You'd think so, but that's not the case. It seems the lag works both ways...both taking effect and getting consumed.

If you are Imbued and you do MLLLM chained to an L2, your second Medium will be imbued and Power Burn and your L2 will also be imbued and Power Burn and Power Lock. I just tried it on a duel. It worked like a charm.

really? i have to try it, this can be really useful! thank you for this information *_*