**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

time to get serious about masteries

booscka2536booscka2536 Posts: 2,658 ★★★★

ive never really out any effort into my mastery set up . im moving towards getiing cav . currently on 6.1.3 . i dont do aw atm so thats not a factor any suggestion ( real ones ) would be helpful

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    I'm amazed how far you've progressed with such a poor mastery setup - kudos to your skills.

You really need to build up your units and buy the cores to unlock some high-end masteries.

The key ones I'll recommend for you are: Recovery (+15% healing from all sources), Precision (increased Critical Chance), Cruelty (increased Critical Damage), Despair (generally just a stepping stone but still a strong mastery if you use use some debuff-heavy champions), Deep Wounds (increased bleed duration and chance to inflict heavy health loss - very powerful for bleed-heavy champions), Assassination (increased damage & reduced ability accuracy when opponent is at low health).

Later on you can further look into Suicide Masteries + Willpower, but that's another story.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    I would definitely add precision and cruelty first, they will provide a huge boost in the chance to crit and the damage done per crit. I would suggest moving the points in the fury masteries at the bottom if you are not sure what to change, those never seemed like they were too effective. Despair, deep wounds, and assassins are the next ones I would suggest you invest in, but they take a lot of cores to unlock. Suicides and Willpower would definitely be last on my list in terms of suggestions but you should definitely consider them.

In case anyone from Kabam reads through this and can answer: In the past (usually only about once a year) free to play players have had a couple chances to buy cores for masteries at a discounted rate (I think it was for christmas or some other holiday). Is there any chance of those discounts coming back in the future, or mastery cores being given through other content? I am working my way through the classic variants to get the cores that I originally missed there, but unlocking masteries is expensive, especially those with stoney cores. It would be incredibly nice to know that if I saved up my units I might have a chance in the future to get cores cheaper than they currently are.
  • JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 48

Seriously...I'm impressed you got to Act 6 & haven't unlocked Precision & Cruelty! I guarantee you'll notice the difference in damage once you do.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/183191/my-mastery-guide#latest

This should have everything you need. Its a long read tho